CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Worst actor -actress (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/376387-worst-actor-actress.html)

Lakers Fan August 24th, 2010 07:33 PM

Worst actor -actress

Sylvester Stallone -Julia Roberts

rollerdonna August 24th, 2010 10:06 PM

I always thought Kevin Costner has the most boring, monotone delivery...
As for worst actress, the one who died recently, I think her name was Brittany Murphy? I saw her in an adaptation of a Nora Roberts novel....it was a good book, but she was just awful as the lead character, I thought she was reading her lines....

donna

Lakers Fan August 24th, 2010 10:08 PM

Kevin Costner

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollerdonna (Post 1312235)
As for worst actress, the one who died recently, I think her name was Brittany Murphy? I saw her in an adaptation of a Nora Roberts novel....it was a good book, but she was just awful as the lead character, I thought she was reading her lines....

donna

He was excellent in Dances With Wolves and No Way Out

katlady August 24th, 2010 10:56 PM

Keanu Reeves
Paris Hilton (yes they put her in films one being house of wax)

Bobby_G August 25th, 2010 01:26 AM

Too many of both genders to list.

Where are the George C. Scotts, James Stewarts, Liz Taylors, George Kennedys, Paul Newmans, Martha Hyers, Henry Fondas, Jane Wyatts, etc. etc. of this generation ?

There aren't any.

Just look at the winners of the Oscars these days. Ridiculous.

Mike M August 25th, 2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollerdonna (Post 1312235)

donna

Donna,

I have to disagree with Brittany Murphy. Though she may have made some Lifetime Movie stinkers and B movies she had a number of excellent performances in movies like "8 Mile", "Clueless", "Freeway", "Girl Interrupted" and "Riding In Cars With Boys". She was a good character actor and she could play the psycho or the cutie girl.

It was too bad that, for whatever reason, her health deteriorated and she passed so young.

Take care,
Mike

skymaster August 25th, 2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby_G (Post 1312274)
Too many of both genders to list.

Where are the George C. Scotts, James Stewarts, Liz Taylors, George Kennedys, Paul Newmans, Martha Hyers, Henry Fondas, Jane Wyatts, etc. etc. of this generation ?

There aren't any.

Just look at the winners of the Oscars these days. Ridiculous.

I have to pretty much agree. Not only are there no actor/actresses worth their salt, there are no NEW movies! They just keep trying to make new versions of old movies, and they suck! No new ideas out of Hollywood, at all. I guess that's why I almost NEVER go to the movies anymore.

"SKY"

katlady August 25th, 2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1312323)
Donna,

I have to disagree with Brittany Murphy. Though she may have made some Lifetime Movie stinkers and B movies she had a number of excellent performances in movies like "8 Mile", "Clueless", "Freeway", "Girl Interrupted" and "Riding In Cars With Boys". She was a good character actor and she could play the psycho or the cutie girl.

It was too bad that, for whatever reason, her health deteriorated and she passed so young.

Take care,
Mike

She was great in the Movie "Don't say a word." In the movie Clueless she was a normal health weight. But later on this looked to thin. I'm not sure if that was due to a health condition or anorexia. It is a shame the pressure put on actresses to be to thin. You can see the weight change in the pictures below. Her Husband said she wasn't anorexia, so she could have had a health condition that caused this dramatic weight loss. I just worry that young girls will diet to look like an actress that is too thin.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/20...urphy_2009.jpg
http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1995_...rstone_052.jpg

katlady August 25th, 2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skymaster (Post 1312326)
I have to pretty much agree. Not only are there no actor/actresses worth their salt, there are no NEW movies! They just keep trying to make new versions of old movies, and they suck! No new ideas out of Hollywood, at all. I guess that's why I almost NEVER go to the movies anymore.

"SKY"

I have to disagree there are quite a few talented actresses today. Cate Blanchett is the first one to spring to mind. Ingore her looks and history and just look at the acting you will see that Angelina Jolie is very talented. Dakota Fanning and Keira Knightley are also quite talented. George Clonney is not only good to look at, but a talented actor. As is Leonardo Decaprio, Johnny Depp, and Kevin Spacey.

Usual Supects is not a remake. Also not remakes are Sixth sense, Forest Grump, Almost Famous, and dazed and confused. The biggest tear jerker and wonderful animated movie for me is Up. The Changeling, American Beauty, and In Bruges was also quite good. I could go on.

I love the movie Up one of the few films that can make me cry.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../Up_Poster.JPG

Cruznut2 August 25th, 2010 11:59 AM

Last night I watched a classic, "The Old Man And The Sea" Anthony Quinn was fantastic. What could be better than a great classic story by Hemingway turned into a movie? There are no actors of this caliber around today. Most of them work in lousy movies that consist of killing, blowing up buildings, crashing cars and explosions. That's entertainment??? NOT!!

Laura

Lakers Fan August 25th, 2010 12:09 PM

In Bruges

My youngest daughter and her husband were in Bruges earlier this year .I highly recommend the movie

Bobby_G August 26th, 2010 02:02 AM

Unfortunately, the movies as well as actors are all too often 'graded' on the money the movie makes. Makes a lot of money, must be a great movie.
Crap.