Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Admiral

Default Worst actor -actress

Sylvester Stallone -Julia Roberts
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Admiral

I always thought Kevin Costner has the most boring, monotone delivery...
As for worst actress, the one who died recently, I think her name was Brittany Murphy? I saw her in an adaptation of a Nora Roberts novel....it was a good book, but she was just awful as the lead character, I thought she was reading her lines....

donna
Old August 24th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Admiral

Default Kevin Costner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
As for worst actress, the one who died recently, I think her name was Brittany Murphy? I saw her in an adaptation of a Nora Roberts novel....it was a good book, but she was just awful as the lead character, I thought she was reading her lines....

donna

He was excellent in Dances With Wolves and No Way Out
Old August 24th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Admiral

Keanu Reeves
Paris Hilton (yes they put her in films one being house of wax)

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Admiral

Too many of both genders to list.

Where are the George C. Scotts, James Stewarts, Liz Taylors, George Kennedys, Paul Newmans, Martha Hyers, Henry Fondas, Jane Wyatts, etc. etc. of this generation ?

There aren't any.

Just look at the winners of the Oscars these days. Ridiculous.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post

donna
Donna,

I have to disagree with Brittany Murphy. Though she may have made some Lifetime Movie stinkers and B movies she had a number of excellent performances in movies like "8 Mile", "Clueless", "Freeway", "Girl Interrupted" and "Riding In Cars With Boys". She was a good character actor and she could play the psycho or the cutie girl.

It was too bad that, for whatever reason, her health deteriorated and she passed so young.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_G View Post
Too many of both genders to list.

Where are the George C. Scotts, James Stewarts, Liz Taylors, George Kennedys, Paul Newmans, Martha Hyers, Henry Fondas, Jane Wyatts, etc. etc. of this generation ?

There aren't any.

Just look at the winners of the Oscars these days. Ridiculous.
I have to pretty much agree. Not only are there no actor/actresses worth their salt, there are no NEW movies! They just keep trying to make new versions of old movies, and they suck! No new ideas out of Hollywood, at all. I guess that's why I almost NEVER go to the movies anymore.

"SKY"
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Donna,

I have to disagree with Brittany Murphy. Though she may have made some Lifetime Movie stinkers and B movies she had a number of excellent performances in movies like "8 Mile", "Clueless", "Freeway", "Girl Interrupted" and "Riding In Cars With Boys". She was a good character actor and she could play the psycho or the cutie girl.

It was too bad that, for whatever reason, her health deteriorated and she passed so young.

Take care,
Mike
She was great in the Movie "Don't say a word." In the movie Clueless she was a normal health weight. But later on this looked to thin. I'm not sure if that was due to a health condition or anorexia. It is a shame the pressure put on actresses to be to thin. You can see the weight change in the pictures below. Her Husband said she wasn't anorexia, so she could have had a health condition that caused this dramatic weight loss. I just worry that young girls will diet to look like an actress that is too thin.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
I have to pretty much agree. Not only are there no actor/actresses worth their salt, there are no NEW movies! They just keep trying to make new versions of old movies, and they suck! No new ideas out of Hollywood, at all. I guess that's why I almost NEVER go to the movies anymore.

"SKY"
I have to disagree there are quite a few talented actresses today. Cate Blanchett is the first one to spring to mind. Ingore her looks and history and just look at the acting you will see that Angelina Jolie is very talented. Dakota Fanning and Keira Knightley are also quite talented. George Clonney is not only good to look at, but a talented actor. As is Leonardo Decaprio, Johnny Depp, and Kevin Spacey.

Usual Supects is not a remake. Also not remakes are Sixth sense, Forest Grump, Almost Famous, and dazed and confused. The biggest tear jerker and wonderful animated movie for me is Up. The Changeling, American Beauty, and In Bruges was also quite good. I could go on.

I love the movie Up one of the few films that can make me cry.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Last night I watched a classic, "The Old Man And The Sea" Anthony Quinn was fantastic. What could be better than a great classic story by Hemingway turned into a movie? There are no actors of this caliber around today. Most of them work in lousy movies that consist of killing, blowing up buildings, crashing cars and explosions. That's entertainment??? NOT!!

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 25th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Default In Bruges

My youngest daughter and her husband were in Bruges earlier this year .I highly recommend the movie
Old August 26th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Admiral

Unfortunately, the movies as well as actors are all too often 'graded' on the money the movie makes. Makes a lot of money, must be a great movie.
Crap.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten