Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Already!

Morning Mates,
It's Wednesday already, even though it feels like a Tuesday to me, after being away on Monday....
Woke up chilly this morning, for the first time in a long time. It's only 14C or 57F, but the sun is out, so there's hope of a good day...

Yesterday I did some more prep work in the new classroom, then spent the afternoon with my dog at a local beach. It was a perfect afternoon, sunny and breezy and Emma actually ran in the shallow water for the first time.
She had a blast, and I enjoyed it too!

Today, more of the same, still awaiting delivery of a storage unit so I can finish labeling and storing baskets of toys and art supplies.
I can't believe how fast this summer is coming to an end...

donna
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates,
Well the days are quickly becoming shorter. I am kind of sad to see summer winding down. I hate that time flies by so quickly.

I went to the Doctor yesterday and they released me from my stitches. It was painless and easy. Everything checked out fine. The Doctor cautioned me to keep guarding the ankle. To use a crutch or walker if I am wearing regular shoes or to wear the boot. That was good news for me. There is a problem though, either my foot is getting much better to the extent that I am not as reliant on the crutches, or I have Alzheimers, because I keep leaving the crutch places and forgetting that I still need it and just get up and walk away, leaving it behind lol.

Today the Direct TV guy is coming to install HD. That ought to make TV a little more interesting I suppose.

Not much else happening today. Hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

the faster the summer ends, the sooner we will be lying on the beach in the carribean
Old August 25th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I was awake at 4:00 a.m. today I have no idea why. The furry alarm clock even looked at me like "What the hell are you doing up so early." He didn't even want to be fed until his normal 06:00 a.m.

Not much on the agenda today except take the monitor back to the cardiologist. I started my new medicine last night. That may be the reason I'm up so early. I'm a bit leery of this medication. The list of side effects are "interesting". The most common is temporary blindness. I guess I'll just keep taking it until I need glasses.

Beenie: You'll love HD but make sure you have a HD TV to go with it. (I know you probably do) I never thought it would make much difference but it was a real change.

Donna: I bet your classroom will be greatly appreciated by the kids.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 25th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Rollerdonna, Beenie Weenie and all who follow.

It's apparent Emma loves her new home as well her "parents," R/D.

I'm yet to get to the Hi-Def stage. At this point I just wish the cable was clear in all of the rooms!

I think it's might turn out to be be a "Beautiful day in the Neighborhood" as it's forcasted to be a warm and sunny day here in upper East Tennessee with highs in the low to mid 80's F.

Not much on tap today save for Church at Noon. Fran has felt very tired since we got home from our trip but yesterday she was much better, especially as she got a pretty decent report from her blood work at the oncologist's office.

Got a PM to take a survey relative to this site for some organization. It had the person's screen name at the top under which was written "Banned" and below that was written "Administrator." Hmmmm........ a banned Administrator. Now that sounds novel. I of course did not respond.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and productive "Hump Day" and that our "Hannibal" breezes through his knee replacement this morning.

Prayers and a request for Blessings upon all continue as per usual.

Todd
Old August 25th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Todd,

I am the administrator that banned the survey taker. The PM's should now be deleted.

Take care,
Mike (The Banned Administrator)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

Old August 25th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Todd yes I too have resisted the Hi Def revolution, simply because I am cheap! The other day I got a postcard from Dish TV offering free hi def, and since I am a pretty loyal Direct TV customer I called direct TV up and said hey, why is Dish TV able to give me free HD and you're not? So they said OK fine, we'll give you a new receiver, new cabling, free service call and free HD for a year. I said OK great!

Oh yes the other thing is that the DVR on our old receiver quit working and they wanted us to pay $99 for a service call to figure out what the problem was with it. This way I get a new receiver with DVR, and free HD and a free service call.

Old August 25th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Beenie:

DirectTV wasn't as good with me. I called them a couple of years ago when I received a mailing from Dish that I could get four rooms, HD, DVR and installation for free. I called DirectTV and asked if they could match or come close on the offer. They just said if I wanted four rooms and DVR I would have to pay $400. I said OK and hung up. I called back a couple of days later and asked again and received the same answer. The second person was a total A-hole and basically told me to go ahead and go with Dish. I did.

Now I receive a "Come Back" promotion from DirectTV about once a week.

Take care,
Mike

Old August 25th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone.
Were off to our sons Freshman Orientation shortly. Why am I the one so nervous!
I received one also. I deleted it.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Mike I have some great stories about when we canceled Dish and went to Direct TV. It took over a year for them to finally issue a credit for overcharging us several hundreds of dollars. It all boils down to who you talk to and if you get a quality individual who cares about retaining customers or not. I had been a Dish Customer for over 9 years and never had a problem until I found out I was being overcharged for things we didn't even have, like extra receivers, programming etc... The problem began when we could not get them to refund the money, that is when we decided we would leave Dish and that is when the agents on the telephone became downright mean and abusive. All of these companies are very pleasant when they want your business, but the minute you need real service that is when they avoid you like the plague.

While I appreciate the fact that Direct TV made the generous gesture to retain us as customers, it did involve several transfers to other departments and requests to talk to someone who works in customer retention. It was not volunteered right off the bat, and I had to repeat my situation and position and eventually they got me to the right person who took care of it. I have no doubt that if I called back to cancel service they might be less than cordial, but for now as long as they take good care of me and earn my business I will stick with them.
Customer service and professionalism is a very rare commodity these days.

Old August 25th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a not as hot Texas. It has been so hot around here, that people try to stay in as much as possible.

I have not been around in awhile, because I have started the process of remodeling. My contractor has given me a long list of things to buy, and will begin the work this coming Tues. I am only going to do half of the house, and then do the other half later on in the year.

For the last few days I have spent lots of time at the shredder. We have statements from 20 years ago. I am so glad that all that stuff is now stored on computer files. It has been interesting to see how little we paid for things like cable and elec. The boxes also comtained pictures, and even Joe's baseball, and love letters from Jim while he was in the first Gulf war.

Speaking of wars. We are amused that the news says one thing, and Jim's orders say another. Not sure what is going on, and hope that the President knows what he is talking about, and is just saying troop withdrawal for the benefit of the upcoming elections.

I do hope that all of you are doing well. I have not had the chance to go through the threads, but continue to pray for you all.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning from warm but very rainy NY .My grand dog and I are hanging out today
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Already!

Wednesday, indeed. I slept very poorly last night, so slept in late today.
We had 105 yesterday and even higher today, so I can sympathize with Luanne.

Keith is at the gym liftin' them weights.

Not sure where lunch will be today. The owners of the little Mexican restaurant we usually frequent probably wonder what happened to us.

Judy
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Admiral

My friends in Houston are praying for rain ,I am praying for sun .