Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Default Mexico Move Update...Hola All Cruisemates!

It has been about one month sice David and I have moved from Vancouver, Washington to Patzcuaro, Mexico. All has gone well so far and our six day driving adventure went off without a hitch. Here is a short update:

>We are renting a one bedroom casita until September 22nd or so. Then we will be returning to the U.S. to collect our furniture and belongings. We had to wait on this part because we needed to complete our FM2 immigration paperwork which is now complete. We are full fledged emmigres as we speak. We will have FM2s for five years after which we will be allowed to become Mexican citizens.

> We will be renting a beautiful home with two master bedroom suites, five patios, two dining rooms, (one insise and one outside) and a spectacular view of the valley, lake Patzcuaro, and the island of Janitzio.
We will be in this rental while our permanent digs are being built. This will take a little less than a year.

> We have met with the builder and the architect for our new home. It will be slightly less than 3000 square feet and will be a hacienda style colonial home. Every room will have double french glass doors facing the colonade and the large central courtyard patio. There will be two master suites, one upstairs (for now) and another downstairs for guests and also for when we get older and can no longer navigate stairs. The plans are beautiful and we are thrilled with the progress to date. A large gourmet kitchen will be in the center of the house and will also look out to the colonade and patio. The patio will have a traditional cantera fountain in the middle and high walls and the colonade surrounding the patio for privacy..

David and I are both taking to retirement quite well as is Knock-Knock, our miniature dachshund. We have met many wonderful people and have social commitments almost every night with Mexican citizens and expatriates as well.

All is good and I will check back in a few days. I hope all of our cruisemate friends are doing well. I guess it is almost time for my comida (lunch) and a little afternoon siesta. Bye for now!
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Admiral

Hey Chuck, so good to hear from you, glad to hear all is going well for you and David. You both must be so excited about building your new dream home - can't wait to see your pictures!

donna
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Admiral

A friend of ours was working for a major brokerage firm ,got laid off and decided to move to Mexico. The city begins with the letter X ,I can't recall the name offhand .
She decided to try her hand at painting and currently is an accomplished artist .She loves her new life

Good luck to both of you
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Admiral

It's nice to hear from you. I'm happy to hear all is going well in your new hometown.
We look foward to you hosting a cruisemates get together when the new house is ready!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Admiral

Default Mexico Move Update . . . Hola, All CruiseMates!

Hola, yourself! So nice to hear from you! Your new house sounds beautiful, but so does the rental. Yes, I'd like to see pictures, too.

Judy
Old August 26th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Chuck,
I was thinking that your forgot all about us here at Cruisemates. Just glad to read your note about the new future home you will be building. You will have to include some pics of the area and then the finished home...

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 26th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I was going to start a post the other day, wondering about you 2, but forgot..oy getting old is a pain:

Life sounds fabulous for you & David, and the house you are building sounds just amazing....where is the Cruisemate sugn up sheet for weekly visits? Best wished for a long and healthy retirement in paradise! oxox

Will you have dual citizenship at the end of the wait time?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 26th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Admiral

Everything sounds so wonderful! I'm glad it's all going well. Where IS that sign-up sheet ?

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Admiral

Congraulations to you can David, Chuck. I know the two of you had been eagerly anticipating this move for a long time and we're so happy to learn it's turning out to be everything you hoped it would be.

Good luck and keep in touch!

Todd
Old August 27th, 2010, 04:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Hello! So nice to hear that your new life is wonderful. Your dream is coming true. How wonderful is that? Along with the others I too anticipate your pictures.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain