CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   An offer you could not refuse (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/376495-offer-you-could-not-refuse.html)

Lakers Fan August 28th, 2010 10:06 AM

An offer you could not refuse

Were you ever made an offer that you absolutely could not refuse ,if so what was it ?

7x57 August 28th, 2010 10:09 AM

A friend's wife had an unexpected surgery (nothing major) a week or so before a week long scuba trip to Cozumel. For $100 (plus incidental expenses) I took her place.

Lakers Fan August 28th, 2010 11:58 AM

I was working for a company supervising 30 people ,however ,I just had a desk,no office .This was 1986 my company was expanding and starting a new division .I was offered to head it ,hire my own staff ,given a huge office and a sizeable weekly increase .That was an offer I could not refuse .

johnthed0g August 28th, 2010 12:17 PM

Not really, but I had a few I could easily refuse!!

skymaster August 28th, 2010 01:15 PM

A few years ago, (just found my "sign-n-sail card, and it was Feb of 2000) I was surfing, looking for a good deal on a cruise, and I found the Premier Lines "S.S. Seabreeze" seven day cruise for $89, including taxes, and port charges. I knew they were in deep financial trouble, but I figured for that price, it was worth the risk. It turned out to be one of my all time favorite cruises. The food was excellent, although mostly sea food, and the majority of the entertainment was performed by the bus boys, waiters, and cabin stewards, but was EXCELLENT! It was truly a cruise I'll never forget. Just a couple of cruises later, the ship was seized, and the passengers were dropped off wherever they were at the time, with no transportation back to the U.S. When the ship was being relocated, (with no passengers aboard) she was scuttled at sea. Official word was that she sank in heavy seas, but I suspect it was an "insurance job". ;)

"SKY"

Manuel August 28th, 2010 02:03 PM

Many years ago, I got an offer that I could not refuse. It was a draft notice.
I am proud to have served in the US Army.

TM

Cruznut2 August 29th, 2010 03:53 PM

I recently have made an offer I thought would not be refused. I am sailing on Carnival Liberty in September. The friend that was going had to drop out. She did not get her money back. So here I have a cabin for 2 all paid for. I offered it to several friends and one cousin. FREE cruise no one wants to go or cannot for one reason or another. My friend Jane would not go because it is hurricane season. No amount of talking would convince her that she would be safe. Friend in Texas could not go because she is sailing with me in November on another cruise. Offered it to a cousin and she refused. Oh well, I get the room to myself! i plan to have a good time anyway.

Laura

johnthed0g August 29th, 2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruznut2 (Post 1313534)
I recently have made an offer I thought would not be refused. I am sailing on Carnival Liberty in September. The friend that was going had to drop out. She did not get her money back. So here I have a cabin for 2 all paid for. I offered it to several friends and one cousin. FREE cruise no one wants to go or cannot for one reason or another. My friend Jane would not go because it is hurricane season. No amount of talking would convince her that she would be safe. Friend in Texas could not go because she is sailing with me in November on another cruise. Offered it to a cousin and she refused. Oh well, I get the room to myself! i plan to have a good time anyway.

Laura

Can you do that then? just change names on the ticket sort of thing?

Cruznut2 August 29th, 2010 04:28 PM

Yes, It will probable be a $50.00 fee but that is still a super deal. I had to change the names on the November cruise because someone dropped out. We are not at the final payment so there was no charge for that.

Laura

venice August 29th, 2010 06:35 PM

Greetings from the President of the United States:cool:

Lakers Fan August 29th, 2010 06:59 PM

Thats easy to refuse if you have convictions and stand by them

katlady August 29th, 2010 07:57 PM

My husband asked me to marry him. I couldn't refuse that offer. Best decision I ever made.:-D

venice August 29th, 2010 08:37 PM

when the POTUS calls, you do not refuse:wink:

Lakers Fan August 29th, 2010 11:38 PM

Venice

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice (Post 1313581)
when the POTUS calls, you do not refuse:wink:

If that is your conviction ,fine .However ,not everyone is of that opinion .

Manuel August 29th, 2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katlady (Post 1313572)
My husband asked me to marry him. I couldn't refuse that offer. Best decision I ever made.:-D

That's beautiful Kat. And very romantic.

TM