CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Sorry if this offends anyone but... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/376585-sorry-if-offends-anyone-but.html)

Lombard September 1st, 2010 02:41 AM

Sorry if this offends anyone but...

See my signature as I am just about to lose my cruise V!rg!n!ty!! Woo Hoo. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Angela Z. September 1st, 2010 07:02 AM

Congratulations!
Does this mean you'll be in my neck of the woods this fall? :D
Angela Z.

Cruznut2 September 1st, 2010 07:32 AM

Great News!!

Laura

Lakers Fan September 1st, 2010 07:40 AM

My first cruise was in 1973 and my second in 1994 .I did not become a cruise lover till 2 years ago. I hope you become a cruise lover after your cruise .

Trip September 1st, 2010 07:48 AM

Oh Liam, we know just what this means....hooray for you!!

skymaster September 1st, 2010 07:56 AM

Congratulations my friend. I'm mighty proud of you!

"SKY"

ToddDH September 1st, 2010 08:20 AM

Welcome aboard Liam and congratulations! I'm so glad that you're finally going to get your chance to go cruising. Is it going to be in our neck our side of the globe or in yours? Wherever it is, I'm sure you'll get hooked like the rest of us have.

Todd

katlady September 1st, 2010 08:21 AM

Woo Hoo congrats. Where is the cruise to? Which ship? How many days? We need details.:D

rollerdonna September 1st, 2010 08:30 AM

Yay Liam! Way to go! As Katlady says, when? where? how long? which ship?
Are you coming to any ports near any of us so we can meet?
Can't wait to hear more...

donna

beenie weenie September 1st, 2010 10:26 AM

Carry on! Seriously I am deeply offended, just because I can't join you! I hope you have a great time! You deserve it!

Mike M September 1st, 2010 10:54 AM

Congratulations!!!

Just take it slow. Don't try to be like the people you've seen in those Cruise movies. Respect her after you're done and most of all "TAKE PICTURES"!!!!

Have a great time!!!

Take care,
Mike

LS80 September 1st, 2010 12:41 PM

Liam.............congrats!!!!!! Enjoy.......have fun & like Mike said........take LOTS of pics!!!!!!

Sharon

Manuel September 1st, 2010 01:40 PM

Congratulations Liam. I hope that you enjoy it.

I am not sure when I lost my cruise virginity. I sailed from Lisbon to New York when I was eleven years old, but they did not call it a cruise in those days. But it was a lot like cruising, in the fact that they had plenty of food, entertainment and it was a fun voyage.

TM

Jacqueline September 1st, 2010 02:10 PM

wellll

euhm, our Kiwimaster is cruising with us on the Constellation, leaving FLL nov 20, and he is not only going to cruise .................................................. :)))))

CruisinK n J September 1st, 2010 02:22 PM

Sorry If This Offends Anyone, But . . .

I think it's wonderful, Liam, a nice long cruise!

Judy

Lombard September 1st, 2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacqueline (Post 1314243)
euhm, our Kiwimaster is cruising with us on the Constellation, leaving FLL nov 20, and he is not only going to cruise .................................................. :)))))

Thanks all.
Jacqueline is quite correct as I am cruising with her and I will be in FLL on the 17th of Nov for a pre cruise rest after the long trip from NZ.
If anyone is around we should do lunch. LOL

Angela Z. September 1st, 2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lombard (Post 1314283)
the 17th of Nov

My birthday! We'll figure something out for before you set sail!
Angela Z.

Lombard September 1st, 2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela Z. (Post 1314304)
My birthday! We'll figure something out for before you set sail!
Angela Z.

Bugga Just checked google maps and its a long trip to your house. LOL
You should check with J and see if she is up your way on that day?

Angela Z. September 1st, 2010 08:10 PM

LOL....Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale is way closer than Orlando to Wellington!
Angela Z.

Lombard September 1st, 2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1314237)
Congratulations Liam. I hope that you enjoy it.

I am not sure when I lost my cruise virginity. I sailed from Lisbon to New York when I was eleven years old, but they did not call it a cruise in those days. But it was a lot like cruising, in the fact that they had plenty of food, entertainment and it was a fun voyage.

TM

TM I travelled from Niue Island (cook islands group in the south pacific) to Auckland NZ in 1968 as a 4 year old on the SS Tofua and had a seriously fun and amazing time on that ship.
Caused a bit of trouble ringing the Dinner Gong at the wrong time (got caught).
Had my first ever drink of coca cola in the bar on a stool that was twice my height.
Threw sweets down to the crew in the "Hold" rearranging cargo.
The most amazing thing was seeing the water line passing up and down past our porthole in our cabin!!!
That's where I got my fascination for ships.

Lombard September 1st, 2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela Z. (Post 1314310)
LOL....Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale is way closer than Orlando to Wellington!
Angela Z.

LOL its about 18 hours flying time let alone any other time you have to spend getting there.

rollerdonna September 1st, 2010 08:45 PM

Aww Liam, I will JUST miss you! I will be returning to FLL on Nov. 19, disembarking from Carnival Miracle with my sister, cousin and hubby.
We could have had such a great party!!

donna

Lombard September 1st, 2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollerdonna (Post 1314320)
Aww Liam, I will JUST miss you! I will be returning to FLL on Nov. 19, disembarking from Carnival Miracle with my sister, cousin and hubby.

donna

We still could RD. My cruise departs on the 20th Nov. I'm spending 3 nights in FLL before hand.

Fern September 1st, 2010 09:35 PM

Congrats to you :), Liam! And to Jackie, who finally got him to book! Wish we could meet, but we're too far away :(.

Angela Z. September 1st, 2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollerdonna (Post 1314320)

donna

Spend the night and we can have dinner!
Angela Z.

Biker Linda September 2nd, 2010 08:35 AM

Liam we are so happy that you are joining our group! :-D It's going to be a fantastic 14 day cruise aboard Celebrity's Constellation! :-DThere will be a lot of parties to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries!

Do you snorkel? It's great in Bonaire and Aruba!

Linda

katlady September 2nd, 2010 09:37 AM

Liam you will love it. My crazy sis lost her cruise virignity on a 14 day transaltantic cruise. She loved it. I would come for a visiting, but it's a long drive from California to Florida.:-D

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida; Philipsburg, Sint Maarten, Netherlands Antilles; St. John's, Antigua; Castries, St. Lucia; Bridgetown, Barbados; Saint George's, Grenada; Willemstad, Curacao, Netherland Antilles; Oranjestad, Aruba, Netherlands Antilles; Kralendijk, Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles; Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Your ports look amazing the only one I have been to is Sint Maarten and we had a great time. I hear great things about Barbados. In castries you can get this great peanut cream rum drink. Yummy! I got mine from Bevmo it makes a great peanut cup martini.

Jacqueline September 2nd, 2010 09:54 AM

Katlady, tell me more about this peanut cream rum drink? Where can we buy that? 8-)

katlady September 2nd, 2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacqueline (Post 1314399)
Katlady, tell me more about this peanut cream rum drink? Where can we buy that? 8-)

Below is an image of the bottle. St. Lucia Distillers makes the peanut cream rum. The distillery tour has opened to the public. You can call the distillery at 758-451-4231 or send an e-mail St Lucia Distillers Group of Companies | Contact Us. Here is a link from the distillery with a list of companies that sell their brands.
St Lucia Distillers Group of Companies | Distributers
Or according to the St. Lucia website this company sells their products. I hope that helps.:D
ST. LUCIA

Barbay Limited
P.O. Box 823, Castries
Tel: 758-456 3100
Fax: 758-451 4221
Eml: info@saintluciarums.com

http://westernstatesbev.com/uploads/3608_castries.jpg

Luanne Russo September 2nd, 2010 10:36 AM

I am so happy for you. You must be so excited. I hope the plans work out for meeting some of the CM's in Fla.