CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Collections (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/376600-collections.html)

Lakers Fan September 1st, 2010 09:55 PM

Collections

Are you a collector ? If so ,what type of collections do you have ?

I have approximately 5000 pieces of Sports Memorabillia .

I also have an extensive entertainment morabillia collection .

katlady September 1st, 2010 11:18 PM

I collect taxes.LOL The state doesn't let me keep them however.

ToddDH September 2nd, 2010 01:02 AM

I collect books. I have around a couple of thousand or so. Actually I'm probably more of a packrat but "Collector" sounds more sophisticated. I call my almost forty years of National Geographics as a collection. Fran merely calls them a stack of old magazines and is always wanting them thrown out. Matter of fact, she'd be thrilled if I would get rid of all my books. I tell her my stuff provides me with many memories. She says my stuff provides her with many nightmares.

Fran used to collect coffee mugs. Then she began collecting cat themed teapots.

Do you have any idea how many coffee mugs are in boxes in the basement? I could easily furnish enough for ten restaurants. There are twenty-five tea pots now lining the tops of our cabinets in the kitchen, all but a couple from her niece Adelaide in Staten Island. There are a dozen more in the basement! Mark these words; one of these days I'm going to break my neck cleaning the darned things!

And she hollers about all my books! Some nerve, that woman has!

Todd

rollerdonna September 2nd, 2010 07:25 AM

Fran collects tea pots? So do I! I had to stop though, because there's just not enough room up there on top of the cabinets any more....

I also have a pretty good collection of fridge magnets from all the place I've visited, mostly in the Caribbean.

License plates seem to be a new collection, stemming from what to do with the old Quebec plate on my car when we moved here. It is now hanging on the outside wall of the house, but inside the screen room, along with a Nova Scotia Wines plate, a Retired Mon! plate from St. Maarten, and my favourite, a Margaritaville (Turks & Caicos) plate.

donna

Paul B September 2nd, 2010 12:12 PM

I mostly collect dust, and they have to move me once a week. Actually, I collect minature liquor bottles and jugs, and they are all still full. The collection is just at 1,000 right now. My son says that they will be drunk at my wake!'

I also have at least 200 mostly German beer coasters and a bunch of steins as well as several hundred LP's of folk, original cast Broadway shows, country and western and classical music.

Peggy has a large collection of Norman Rockwell figurines, pill boxes and depression glass.

As with everyone else, we have large amounts of other stuff. rofl

bahamamomma September 2nd, 2010 01:45 PM

I collect cookbooks, shot glasses from places I've visited, antique glass ware, t-shirts from vacation spots - one day I'll make a quilt out of the shirts - I guess that's enough, at least according to DH it's more than enough!!

Lakers Fan September 2nd, 2010 09:22 PM

National Geographic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddDH (Post 1314356)
I collect books. I have around a couple of thousand or so. Actually I'm probably more of a packrat but "Collector" sounds more sophisticated. I call my almost forty years of National Geographics as a collection. Fran merely calls them a stack of old magazines and is always wanting them thrown out. Matter of fact, she'd be thrilled if I would get rid of all my books. I tell her my stuff provides me with many memories. She says my stuff provides her with many nightmares.

Fran used to collect coffee mugs. Then she began collecting cat themed teapots.

Do you have any idea how many coffee mugs are in boxes in the basement? I could easily furnish enough for ten restaurants. There are twenty-five tea pots now lining the tops of our cabinets in the kitchen, all but a couple from her niece Adelaide in Staten Island. There are a dozen more in the basement! Mark these words; one of these days I'm going to break my neck cleaning the darned things!

And she hollers about all my books! Some nerve, that woman has!

Todd

I have an edition from 1943 .I find it so interesting

Fern September 2nd, 2010 09:42 PM

I collect owls :). I've been collecting them since I was a little girl. Our house is full of owls :shock:! I also collect feather pictures, and magnets from our cruise ports and vacation spots.

Luanne Russo September 4th, 2010 12:31 AM

I think it is pretty well known now that I collect spoons. I have over 100, and just had to buy another case to hold them.

Lakers Fan September 4th, 2010 08:58 AM

Spoons

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo (Post 1314772)
I think it is pretty well known now that I collect spoons. I have over 100, and just had to buy another case to hold them.

My late brother-in-law was a spoon collector .He had some from I believe the 18th century . I have several that are about 75 years old .