CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   And It's Thursday! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/376603-its-thursday.html)

rollerdonna September 2nd, 2010 07:20 AM

And It's Thursday!

Morning Mates, from hot'n humid Pictou County. We are breaking heat records left and right around here.I am used to this kind of heat in Montreal, but parts of Nova Scotia are not! We are just trying to get through the days without melting. Spending a lot of time at Wal Mart, beause it's deliciously air conditioned!
Then of course, there's the threat of Earl coming through late Friday into Saturday. It looks like a direct hit on Yarmouth and Halifax (fortunately 2 hrs away from me) but then he's headed up north towards us, so we may experience some bad weather. Just praying the power doesn't go down....
As long as I still have power, I'll keep you posted!

Today I have to go back to the school to set up the storage cabinet that was delivered late yesterday. Went over there yesterday for nothing.:x
Once that's done, I will find something to do to keep cool!

donna

Cruznut2 September 2nd, 2010 07:29 AM

Good Morning RD and all to follow. I am finally SDM today just 9 days to go until Carnival Liberty. Needless to say I am very excited. I am going to be in Miami on the 10th and sail away on Saturday the 11th. Any CM's in Miami that want to meet for dinner on the 10th? Company coming today for a pool day. Nice way to keep cool in the Florida heat. Prayers for all in the path of Earl. Please stay safe.

Laura

Manuel September 2nd, 2010 07:34 AM

Good morning Donna and others to follow.

We are having a heat wave here as well, and we have broken quite a few records this summer. We do take in stride because we have central AC.

Of course this heat won't last long and the winter does.

We are waiting for a glancing blow from Earl, and I hope that it goes out to sea before it gets to your area.

To all the Cruisemates, have a nice day.

TM

ToddDH September 2nd, 2010 08:50 AM

Good morning Donna, Laura, Manuel and all who follow.

Figured we would have heard from Hannibal by now vis-a-vis his knee replacement. Hope everything went alright.

Yes Manuel, it will be another hot one here as well. I believe we've already broken the record for the number of 90 F and above days we've had this year. At least it was not humid yesterday and don't think it's going to be today, either.

I'm so happy for you Laura and for Liam; you for your first cruise in many a moon and he for his first ever. I hope some of our crowd will be in that area of Florida when he is to welcome him to our country.

Fran is a bit more chipper this morning but I have to report is still running a low grade fever (100.7 F). I don't think her attitude is a false front but I hope it isn't.

If it's true to form, her fever will go away sometime this morning and return in late afternoon. She had a very restless night last night but didn't know it. She only has four days more to go on the Levaquin. If the temp doesn't go away for good after that, I don't know what we're going to do but we'll cross that bridge if and when we come to it.

Hope everyone has a grand Thursday and as per usual, prayers and a request for Blessings continue.

Todd

beenie weenie September 2nd, 2010 09:06 AM

Good Morning CruiseMates!

Just wanted to say Howdy and let all of our friends on the East Coast know that I am thinking of them and praying they all stay safe and sound.

I think today will end up being a very busy day. This week I made decision to expand my business into a new direction. So far things are looking promising with opportunities developing on the horizon. So I am encouraged! Being flexible and able to change as business changes is the key to survival in today's economy... so on to the next adventure!

Later today I have Physical Therapy I am actually looking forward to it since I have been gaining ground there and having a measurable increase in range of motion, decreased swelling, and hardly any pain. I know some of that is also due to the prednisone they gave me for the shingles. But last night I took my last dose of that med (thank goodness, because it puts me in a really bad state of mind). The shingles are healing and I am slowly feeling better.

I really cannot grasp that it is September already. It doesn't seem possible really. Where did the summer go? Oh well before long I will be fussing about snow and cold weather.

Both kids are awake and so I think I will feed them then give them some schoolwork... nothing too exciting on my agenda today, just to be making progress forward.

Have a great day all!

Luanne Russo September 2nd, 2010 10:45 AM

Good morning from the usual HOT Texas. We are cloudy today, so I hope that means a little rain in our forcast.

We are still under construction. Josh's potty is sitting in the tub, and there is a hole in the floor. I keep saying to myself that it will be so nice once it is done, but I miss my washer and dryer, and Josh having his own room.

We have Josh's mattress across the doorway of the livingroom, to keep the dogs in here, instead of getting paint all over them. We put the mattress down on the floor at night so that Josh can sleep.

I hope all of my East coast friends will be safe from the storm.

Everyone have a good day.

Luanne

CruisinK n J September 2nd, 2010 12:06 PM

And It's Thursday

Good morning, all. I just went out to get the paper and it's gonna be a hot one!

Not much on the docket today, so I'll take whatever comes my way and hope it's good.

Todd, I hope Fran's fever goes away.

Take care, East Coasters!

Judy

TravelMike September 2nd, 2010 01:56 PM

Hello from a Hot! Northern California. Well it looks like summer has arrived. They (weatherman) is saying it will cool down to 75 for the weekend. That sounds just about right warm but not to hot. Best of luck to our friends on the East coast, I hope Earl passes you all by. Take care, Mike

LisaK September 2nd, 2010 02:21 PM

hello from hazy, hot and humid Massachusetts, keeping a close watch on what Earl is going to do, looks like central mass where i am from is going to be ok, its the folks on cape cod and the islands that need our prayers and wishes

ready2board September 2nd, 2010 03:14 PM

Been awhile

Hi to everyone. Haven't posted in awhile or even checked out the site in quite some time. Need a break from everything once in awhile, right?

The big news with us is we are expecting our first baby next spring. I guess I'll be one of those "older" dads (45) which makes me a little nervous, but still looking forward to it. Other than that just working and keeping up with the basics.

Anyone have any cool cruises planned? Probably none for me in the near future with baby on the way but who knows?? Hope everyone is doing well.

Lakers Fan September 2nd, 2010 09:14 PM

Good evening from NY where Earl is expected .We've gotten our evacuation notices .
Today was the last day of Grandma and Grandpa camp for various reasons .Due to Earl my daughter is not working tomorrow .In addition I woke up bleeding again necessitating a visit to the surgical suite at the local hospital .I was in danger of getting an infection and had the wound retreated .
Grandma took our 6 year old for an ice cream treat ,she got her prize for being a great kid .I am in a rest mode .Hopefully we will not have to evacuate

Lakers Fan September 2nd, 2010 09:18 PM

Hurricane

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo (Post 1314408)
Good morning from the usual HOT Texas. We are cloudy today, so I hope that means a little rain in our forcast.

We are still under construction. Josh's potty is sitting in the tub, and there is a hole in the floor. I keep saying to myself that it will be so nice once it is done, but I miss my washer and dryer, and Josh having his own room.

We have Josh's mattress across the doorway of the livingroom, to keep the dogs in here, instead of getting paint all over them. We put the mattress down on the floor at night so that Josh can sleep.

I hope all of my East coast friends will be safe from the storm.

Everyone have a good day.

Luanne

Several of my very close friends reside in Houston . I recall vividly the last hurricane that hit the area . My friends had major property damage but not physical loss . In 2007 when I was in the area I took a tour of the Endeavor complex .I could not believe the destruction of that beautiful building .

Fern September 2nd, 2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ready2board (Post 1314453)
Hi to everyone. Haven't posted in awhile or even checked out the site in quite some time. Need a break from everything once in awhile, right?

The big news with us is we are expecting our first baby next spring. I guess I'll be one of those "older" dads (45) which makes me a little nervous, but still looking forward to it. Other than that just working and keeping up with the basics.

Anyone have any cool cruises planned? Probably none for me in the near future with baby on the way but who knows?? Hope everyone is doing well.

Congratulations! What wonderful news :). 45 isn't "old" anymore.

Luanne Russo September 2nd, 2010 11:55 PM

Henry,

Take care of yourself. No more bleeding for you!! If you need a new home until after the storm, you are welcome here with us.

Take care.

Lakers Fan September 3rd, 2010 11:26 AM

Luanne

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo (Post 1314536)
Henry,

Take care of yourself. No more bleeding for you!! If you need a new home until after the storm, you are welcome here with us.

Take care.

Thank you so very much