Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2010, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Default And It's Thursday!

Morning Mates, from hot'n humid Pictou County. We are breaking heat records left and right around here.I am used to this kind of heat in Montreal, but parts of Nova Scotia are not! We are just trying to get through the days without melting. Spending a lot of time at Wal Mart, beause it's deliciously air conditioned!
Then of course, there's the threat of Earl coming through late Friday into Saturday. It looks like a direct hit on Yarmouth and Halifax (fortunately 2 hrs away from me) but then he's headed up north towards us, so we may experience some bad weather. Just praying the power doesn't go down....
As long as I still have power, I'll keep you posted!

Today I have to go back to the school to set up the storage cabinet that was delivered late yesterday. Went over there yesterday for nothing.
Once that's done, I will find something to do to keep cool!

donna
Old September 2nd, 2010, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning RD and all to follow. I am finally SDM today just 9 days to go until Carnival Liberty. Needless to say I am very excited. I am going to be in Miami on the 10th and sail away on Saturday the 11th. Any CM's in Miami that want to meet for dinner on the 10th? Company coming today for a pool day. Nice way to keep cool in the Florida heat. Prayers for all in the path of Earl. Please stay safe.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 2nd, 2010, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and others to follow.

We are having a heat wave here as well, and we have broken quite a few records this summer. We do take in stride because we have central AC.

Of course this heat won't last long and the winter does.

We are waiting for a glancing blow from Earl, and I hope that it goes out to sea before it gets to your area.

To all the Cruisemates, have a nice day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old September 2nd, 2010, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna, Laura, Manuel and all who follow.

Figured we would have heard from Hannibal by now vis-a-vis his knee replacement. Hope everything went alright.

Yes Manuel, it will be another hot one here as well. I believe we've already broken the record for the number of 90 F and above days we've had this year. At least it was not humid yesterday and don't think it's going to be today, either.

I'm so happy for you Laura and for Liam; you for your first cruise in many a moon and he for his first ever. I hope some of our crowd will be in that area of Florida when he is to welcome him to our country.

Fran is a bit more chipper this morning but I have to report is still running a low grade fever (100.7 F). I don't think her attitude is a false front but I hope it isn't.

If it's true to form, her fever will go away sometime this morning and return in late afternoon. She had a very restless night last night but didn't know it. She only has four days more to go on the Levaquin. If the temp doesn't go away for good after that, I don't know what we're going to do but we'll cross that bridge if and when we come to it.

Hope everyone has a grand Thursday and as per usual, prayers and a request for Blessings continue.

Todd
Old September 2nd, 2010, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

Just wanted to say Howdy and let all of our friends on the East Coast know that I am thinking of them and praying they all stay safe and sound.

I think today will end up being a very busy day. This week I made decision to expand my business into a new direction. So far things are looking promising with opportunities developing on the horizon. So I am encouraged! Being flexible and able to change as business changes is the key to survival in today's economy... so on to the next adventure!

Later today I have Physical Therapy I am actually looking forward to it since I have been gaining ground there and having a measurable increase in range of motion, decreased swelling, and hardly any pain. I know some of that is also due to the prednisone they gave me for the shingles. But last night I took my last dose of that med (thank goodness, because it puts me in a really bad state of mind). The shingles are healing and I am slowly feeling better.

I really cannot grasp that it is September already. It doesn't seem possible really. Where did the summer go? Oh well before long I will be fussing about snow and cold weather.

Both kids are awake and so I think I will feed them then give them some schoolwork... nothing too exciting on my agenda today, just to be making progress forward.

Have a great day all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 2nd, 2010, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from the usual HOT Texas. We are cloudy today, so I hope that means a little rain in our forcast.

We are still under construction. Josh's potty is sitting in the tub, and there is a hole in the floor. I keep saying to myself that it will be so nice once it is done, but I miss my washer and dryer, and Josh having his own room.

We have Josh's mattress across the doorway of the livingroom, to keep the dogs in here, instead of getting paint all over them. We put the mattress down on the floor at night so that Josh can sleep.

I hope all of my East coast friends will be safe from the storm.

Everyone have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 2nd, 2010, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Default And It's Thursday

Good morning, all. I just went out to get the paper and it's gonna be a hot one!

Not much on the docket today, so I'll take whatever comes my way and hope it's good.

Todd, I hope Fran's fever goes away.

Take care, East Coasters!

Judy
Old September 2nd, 2010, 01:56 PM
Admiral

Hello from a Hot! Northern California. Well it looks like summer has arrived. They (weatherman) is saying it will cool down to 75 for the weekend. That sounds just about right warm but not to hot. Best of luck to our friends on the East coast, I hope Earl passes you all by. Take care, Mike
Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:21 PM
Admiral

hello from hazy, hot and humid Massachusetts, keeping a close watch on what Earl is going to do, looks like central mass where i am from is going to be ok, its the folks on cape cod and the islands that need our prayers and wishes
Old September 2nd, 2010, 03:14 PM
Captain

Default Been awhile

Hi to everyone. Haven't posted in awhile or even checked out the site in quite some time. Need a break from everything once in awhile, right?

The big news with us is we are expecting our first baby next spring. I guess I'll be one of those "older" dads (45) which makes me a little nervous, but still looking forward to it. Other than that just working and keeping up with the basics.

Anyone have any cool cruises planned? Probably none for me in the near future with baby on the way but who knows?? Hope everyone is doing well.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 09:14 PM
Admiral

Good evening from NY where Earl is expected .We've gotten our evacuation notices .
Today was the last day of Grandma and Grandpa camp for various reasons .Due to Earl my daughter is not working tomorrow .In addition I woke up bleeding again necessitating a visit to the surgical suite at the local hospital .I was in danger of getting an infection and had the wound retreated .
Grandma took our 6 year old for an ice cream treat ,she got her prize for being a great kid .I am in a rest mode .Hopefully we will not have to evacuate
Old September 2nd, 2010, 09:18 PM
Admiral

Default Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Good morning from the usual HOT Texas. We are cloudy today, so I hope that means a little rain in our forcast.

We are still under construction. Josh's potty is sitting in the tub, and there is a hole in the floor. I keep saying to myself that it will be so nice once it is done, but I miss my washer and dryer, and Josh having his own room.

We have Josh's mattress across the doorway of the livingroom, to keep the dogs in here, instead of getting paint all over them. We put the mattress down on the floor at night so that Josh can sleep.

I hope all of my East coast friends will be safe from the storm.

Everyone have a good day.

Luanne
Several of my very close friends reside in Houston . I recall vividly the last hurricane that hit the area . My friends had major property damage but not physical loss . In 2007 when I was in the area I took a tour of the Endeavor complex .I could not believe the destruction of that beautiful building .
Old September 2nd, 2010, 09:37 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2board View Post
Hi to everyone. Haven't posted in awhile or even checked out the site in quite some time. Need a break from everything once in awhile, right?

The big news with us is we are expecting our first baby next spring. I guess I'll be one of those "older" dads (45) which makes me a little nervous, but still looking forward to it. Other than that just working and keeping up with the basics.

Anyone have any cool cruises planned? Probably none for me in the near future with baby on the way but who knows?? Hope everyone is doing well.
Congratulations! What wonderful news . 45 isn't "old" anymore.

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old September 2nd, 2010, 11:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Henry,

Take care of yourself. No more bleeding for you!! If you need a new home until after the storm, you are welcome here with us.

Take care.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Default Luanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Henry,

Take care of yourself. No more bleeding for you!! If you need a new home until after the storm, you are welcome here with us.

Take care.

Thank you so very much