Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2010, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Default Friday and the Hurricane is Coming!

Morning Mates,
We are on Hurricane Watch, or at very least, Tropical Storm Watch here in Nova Scotia. It's not forecast to start till very late evening or overnight, but tomorrow is supposed to be nasty weather. From what we can tell, the epicentre will hit closer to New Brunswick and may miss us altogether, but I'm sure we'll still have some nasty winds and rain.

Today James will be putting away and/or tying down outdoor furniture and garden ornaments, and trying to tie down the rather flimsy roof on our screen room in preparation for the worst.

As for me, I have to go to work for my first day. It will be another hot and humid one and it is going to be sweltering inside the school. I know because I was working in there yesterday, getting things ready.
The only good thing about this storm coming is that it will break this now 7 day cycle of intense humidity and get us back to more seasonable temperatures.
Any of you along the east coast of the US, please be safe as Earl makes his way up here....

donna
Old September 3rd, 2010, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna. and others who will come along

We too are waiting Earl, and we will sap a lot of it's strenght before it gets up your way.

You should be fine. Other than heavy rains, I don't think there will be much punch left by the time it leaves the Maine.

Have a nice day everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old September 3rd, 2010, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Earl is on his way, that bloody uninvited guest! The air is not moving here, still hhh at the moment. I heard Phyl, on her way to the Cape yesterday, may extend her Boston leg and travel after the beast leaves. For us, it's expected not to be so bad, but the outer Cape & Nantucket will get zonked! Hope Earl misses you too Rd....

Aiden has started school, so it's just me and Lucy, will be alone till 3..when Aiden gets dropped off..Bruce may leave work early, to start his vacation early;

We are thinking now, his pain around the knee, may have a connection to his bp meds....we are trying to figure it all out before the cruise..oy!

Have a happy and safe holiday and good thoughts to all!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; September 3rd, 2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well for those of you in Earl's path I am sending prayers for safety and that the storm passes quickly.

Well I have two little sickos here. I know it is allergies, but the creeping crud is becoming infected and they sound terrible. Thank the Lord for modern medicine.

Hey I got some exciting news last night. My Mother in Law called and informed me that she is going to be released from the hospital and is being sent home today!!! That is right, she is going to get out of the car, walk up her own sidewalk, climb the steps of her threshold, and walk into her home that she hasn't seen in two months. This is the same lady, some Doctors said would never walk again woohoo!

So I am about as happy as can be today. So much to be thankful for today! God does work in very mysterious ways!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Default Friday an the Hurricane is Coming

Good morning from hot and sunny CA. Not a drop of the wet stuff here, and there won't be probably til October, or so.

It's gym day, no ironing day, and possibly the day we find out if any rats were trapped in the attic. I haven't heard a sound from up there. Many a time we've heard them playing grab a**.

I hope everybody's safe during and after Earl's passing.

Judy
Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:18 AM
Admiral

My area is on hurrucane watch .Earl is expected here at 4PM .The thought is that this will be the worst storm to hit LI in 20 years . However ,being the eternal optimist that I am I am predicting that Earl will not do damage to my home .
Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Happy Friday Mates, best of luck to our East coast friends. So far Earl, based on our news not to be causing to much damage, accept for the beaches. A little cooler here in Northern California today, I hope we have warm weather through September and October, so far not much of a summer weather wise. Have a great weekend. Mike
Old September 3rd, 2010, 03:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Everyone, we're in the middle of some very heavy rain and the wind is picking up. We cleaned up the porch and yard of the garden stuff last night and went to secure the boat.
Well. That was fun. I saw more people on the docks having a cold one than I've seen all summer!
Old September 3rd, 2010, 03:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Liam, you ok?

Liam, I hope you had no damage...

New Zealand Hit by 7.2 Magnitude Earthquake

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 3rd, 2010, 06:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good evening everyone from a cooler, windy Texas. I have been busy washing clothes at the local laundry mat. My machines are unplugged in the garage, but the laundry room looks so much better now that it has a new coat of paint.

I am praying for all of you in the path of the storm. I hope it just passes you by without to many problems.

Donna, I get a little sad when I hear you talk about getting your room ready, because that is what I use to do, but then I come to my senses.

I hope all of you have a safe weekend.

Liam, I was also thinking of you. Hope you are safe.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 3rd, 2010, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Unhappy Departures from B oston

The NCL Spirit arrived from Bermuda this a.m., but will not sail until tomorrow and the Holland American Massandam has not departed either. Finally got my deck batten down, some plants brought in and other protected from possibly easterly winds..now praying the overhanging trees don't decide to snap overnight. Trip.. h ave friend batten down in M.V...they do have large generator and a/c.... Will try to reach her by e-mail tomorrow a.m., it's hitting there right now.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 09:22 PM
Admiral

So far Earl has not paid a visit .Keeping my fingers crossed