Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Admiral

Default A Saint's Prayer !!!!!!!!

Now I lay me down to sleep
In 24 hours the Vikings will again be beat
Bret Favre's will be set to go on a permanent vacation:eek:
By the Who Dat Defense, Drew Brees & the whole Who Dat Nation

I won't be posting tomorrow..I have a 1/2 day at work and then off to the parade, tail gating party and the game at the Dome

there is a plan to honor the 11 who were lost on the Gulf rig..please keep their families in your prayers
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Venice, as a born and died in the wool Cheesehead, may those words go to straight to the football God's ears! And we will remember those who lost their lives on the Deep Water Horizon.

Probably for the only time I will say this year.......Go Saints!
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Admiral

YEAH!!!!! Football season starts today. I did take the Saint on the football pool so go team. Also I liked your poem. I have one as well:

Brett Favre is an old man
He really should eat more bran
He thinks he can defeat the saints
Even with the massive age constrict
His ankle is bugging
In the camera he is mugging
I wish he was go away
Because Green Bay he did Betray

Go Saints!!!!!

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Familiar Face

I hope the Saints get what's coming to them. They played the dirtiest game last January, and it's the only reason they won that game. They were outplayed in every other facet of the game. The NFL has even announced publicly that there should have been at least two more roughing the QB penalties levied against the Saints in that game. The Saints players and their coaches are the dirtiest in the sport. I hope karma bites them in the ass, and the Vikings tear up Drew Brees' acl. Maybe Sean Payton should also learn his lesson, Charlie Weis style.
Old September 9th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL7 View Post
I hope the Saints get what's coming to them. They played the dirtiest game last January, and it's the only reason they won that game. They were outplayed in every other facet of the game. The NFL has even announced publicly that there should have been at least two more roughing the QB penalties levied against the Saints in that game. The Saints players and their coaches are the dirtiest in the sport. I hope karma bites them in the ass, and the Vikings tear up Drew Brees' acl. Maybe Sean Payton should also learn his lesson, Charlie Weis style.
I take offense to that. I always thought the Oakland Raiders were the dirtest players in the NFL. Now I'm disappointed.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

We are watching the game now, and I just said to Jim how dirty The Saints were playing.

I think it is sad when Brett gets all this crap about his age. I admire him for what he has done, and hope he does again this year.

He did not abuse dogs, he has not been in jail for drugs, and he is not sleeping with one model, while the other, lasts weeks girl, is pregnant.

He also has not been accused of rape twice. Let's see, that is four NFL QB's, compared to Brett. What he has done was get old. How very sad we are today, when age means anything to anyone, other than the person of age.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 9th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
We are watching the game now, and I just said to Jim how dirty The Saints were playing.

I think it is sad when Brett gets all this crap about his age. I admire him for what he has done, and hope he does again this year.

He did not abuse dogs, he has not been in jail for drugs, and he is not sleeping with one model, while the other, lasts weeks girl, is pregnant.

He also has not been accused of rape twice. Let's see, that is four NFL QB's, compared to Brett. What he has done was get old. How very sad we are today, when age means anything to anyone, other than the person of age.
He is my age, in fact he maybe a year or two younger then me. However, he picked a job in which age is a factor in you ability to play professionally. When he stays past the normal retirement age for a football player he is taking the chances away from someone else. Plus he told the Green Bay Packers he was retiring, they trained a new starting quarterback. Because he told them he was retiring. Then Brett expected Green Bay to give him his job back after the Saints had their line up. When they didn't take him back at his high salary he left to play with other teams. Showing no loyalty to Green Bay and fans that had supported him for years.

BTW I don't support quarterbacks who are accused of rape, abuse dogs, and been in jail for drugs. My disapproval of Brett Farve is NOT an approval of every other quarterback. The pregnant girl maybe a con artist.There are ladies who get pregnant by NFL quarterbacks for the big payday. It's a well known fact that some "ladies" will do this for the large child support check. I have no way of knowing if that is the case here, but it happens a lot in professional sports.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old September 10th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Admiral

Goord Morning..it was electric when the Super Bowl banner was unfurled..there was electric in the air and the Saints and their faithful have a confidence to win

Drew Brees is playing at a very high level and his leadership, positive image and contribution to our community is a great source of pride and in the world of NFL defenses, our defense is playing with intimidation (and defense wins Super Bowls)...and I agree with Kat, my beloved Oakland Raiders have the reputation for being the dirtiest, which by the way, was during the glory days of the franchise..take a look of some the old footage of the great NFl teams of the 50's and 60's if you want to see some dirty defenses and downright mean middle linebackers and corners

to no one's surprise, NFL football is a violent,brutal, intimidating sport and in many ways like another sport (boxing)has some pretty scary characters ..Brett is a Hall of Fame, great QB, but his time has past and like so many of the great ones, he hangs around a few years beyond his time, which does not tarnish his career, but makes it sad and from a franchise perspective actually hinders it's growth
Old September 10th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Admiral

Luanne,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
... and he is not sleeping with one model, while the other, lasts weeks girl, is pregnant.
In fairness, it sure looks like Bridget blew up at Tom and threw him out when unprotected intercourse happened well into a long-term exclusive dating relationship, then discovered after doing so that she was pregnant. Tom apparently did start dating Giselle within a couple weeks of that break-up, but I'm not aware of any evidence that Tom was dating more than one lady at a time.

Having said that, I'm also very surprised that Tom did not land with another team very soon after the pregnancy became known. The Krafts have very little tolerance for bad actors on their team, and their coach had another quarterback (Matt Cassel) who was ready to take over the team.

Norm.