Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Default S-a-t-u-r-d-a-y!

Morning Mates, and welcome to another weekend!
I realize today's date, Sept. 11 has great significance to many of us, and that at some point today, we all say a prayer in rememberance of those who were lost. My old Quebec license plate had the saying "Je me souviens", or "I remember", which I think is fitting for this day.

This weekend has another significance to me; exactly 1 year ago today, (the 12th, but it was a Saturday), we loaded up the Budget truck and drove 15 hours to Nova Scotia. At 10 pm, in the dark, we unloaded the truck and moved in. I can't believe a year has passed already, but I am glad we made the move, we couldn't be happier!

Tomorrow, we are having a party to celebrate, inviting everyone in town we have met, or who in some way, has made our transition easier. We have made some good friends here, and met some wonderful, helpful people, and this is our way of thanking them.

Well, I'd better get moving. I've got to be at the Y by 9 am for an 8 hr first aid course to update my certification. Busy day!

Have a good one everyone, and don't forget to remember...

donna
Old September 11th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Admiral

It dawned a beautiful late summer day with clear blue skies. I made my way to my office on Broadway wishing I could have taken the day off. Busy at my desk all morning I heard a crash that echoed like thunder through Manhattan's canyons. Around the corner the secretary screamed and we rushed to see what she was upset about. We stared with horror at the gaping hole in the World Trade Center tower. People jumped to their deaths becuase it was the easier way to die. Then suddenly a huge crash and burst of flames from the other tower. The helpless feeling of knowing the most useful thing you could do was to leave the area. The fear of wondering if more planes were on the way. Wondering if I would ever see Marj again. Getting back to where I parked my car and wondering if my fellow commuters whose cars were still there made it. The relief and tears walking through my front door and putting my arms around Marj once again.

Nine years later the memories are as fresh as the day after. I will never forget just like my father never forgot his experience during the attack on Pearl Harbor.

I am sad that some groups have chosen to profane this day with protests.

Everyone have a great day and take a moment to remember and honor those who died in NY, the Pentagon and those brave passengers who died fighting back.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old September 11th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Yes, today is a day for remembrance . Let us pray that such an horrific event never again occurs to this country. Let us also band together to stand as one to insure that those who perpetrated as well as those who in any way assisted or continue to support such despicable acts, do not go unpunished.

Todd
Old September 11th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Admiral

RIP to my friend who gave his life in Tower #2 on that day .He and everyone else will never be forgotten . I plan to attend as many memorial services as possible today and tomorrow .
Old September 11th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Default Eerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougR. View Post
It dawned a beautiful late summer day with clear blue skies. I made my way to my office on Broadway wishing I could have taken the day off. Busy at my desk all morning I heard a crash that echoed like thunder through Manhattan's canyons. Around the corner the secretary screamed and we rushed to see what she was upset about. We stared with horror at the gaping hole in the World Trade Center tower. People jumped to their deaths becuase it was the easier way to die. Then suddenly a huge crash and burst of flames from the other tower. The helpless feeling of knowing the most useful thing you could do was to leave the area. The fear of wondering if more planes were on the way. Wondering if I would ever see Marj again. Getting back to where I parked my car and wondering if my fellow commuters whose cars were still there made it. The relief and tears walking through my front door and putting my arms around Marj once again.

Nine years later the memories are as fresh as the day after. I will never forget just like my father never forgot his experience during the attack on Pearl Harbor.

I am sad that some groups have chosen to profane this day with protests.

Everyone have a great day and take a moment to remember and honor those who died in NY, the Pentagon and those brave passengers who died fighting back.

Everytime I am on the Belt Parkway I automatically gaze toward Manhattan where I would see the towers .Its still not believable
Old September 11th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Default S-a-t-u-r-d-a-y!

I remember that day, too. Keith stood in fromt of the bathroom mirrior and cried as he shaved.

Judy