Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Admiral

Default Wonderful Wednesday!

Morning Mates, it looks like a wonderful day out there today, sun is coming up, only a few clouds, and it is presently 13C or 55F, quite comfortable.

Wednesday is my marathon day. I have 2 classes to teach at the YMCA in the morning, then 3 hours to kill before my afternoon job starts. It's too far to bother going home in between, so I will meet James somewhere for lunch, do a little shopping for the program, and some paperwork at the Y.

Tonight I plan to veg out with a rented movie. I just finished reading "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult, and it spurred me to rent the movie.
Has anyone seen it?

Todd, I applaud your add-on yesterday regarding support groups for cancer or whatever. If you get a good one, you can consider yourself lucky, and truly blessed. I know that when I joined a single parents support group when I was newly divorced, it saved my life and also gave me one of the best friends I still hold dear today.

donna
Old September 15th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Oh boy I am kind of excited today... not sure exactly why but I just have a feeling things are about to change around here. I am ready for a change. Kind of sounds cryptic and mysterious eh? It's just a feeling I have. Hope it's a good change!

I think we're finally on a roll with the kids lessons now. I am happy with how well they are doing and how much they like the curriculum they are currently using. It seems to be just the right level of difficulty, they are fairly self sufficient for the most part and need help on only more complex stuff. D/s is getting the hang of long division and d/d is doing well with the math as well. So Mom is pretty happy.

D/h has gone to work already. He really gave a himself a terrible schedule this month, booking himself teaching classes down in Bloomington for almost 3 weeks solid. That drive is a killer. Then the last week of the month I booked him a job in Pittsburgh, poor guy! Oh well perhaps he'll get his hands on some of his favorite beer that he and ToddDH covet so much.

I need to get outside in the next month or so and dig up some of the elephant ear bulbs that won't survive the winter and clean out pots and baskets. I am thinking about cutting back my tropical plants and letting them go dormant and winter in the garage. It stays above freezing out there so I think it would be OK. Last year I brought them into the house and it was a mess when we had a mealybug outbreak. It was really nice since some continued to flower until January or February but once the bugs took over I was over it .

We have choir practice tonight at church. I am looking forward to it, but don't know if we'll have enough folks to do much. The numbers of people showing up each week has been dwindling. Sad.

Well folks I better get my act together and start working on something. There's always plenty to do. Have a great hump day all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 15th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Admiral

And a bright good morning to you Rollerdonna, Beenie Weenie and all who follow.

Having met and spent an evening with your children B/W, I can see why they're such wonderful students because of course, they're such wonderful kids! When you and your D/H go out, you can always ask who has to be the absolute best baby sitter in the world for children of yours ages to come over, the unparalleled ROLLERDONNA! But then you'd have to remember to plan your taking in a movie a bit more in advance.

Speaking of you R/D, thank you ever so much for your validation of the value of support groups and how you benefitted from one. They of course may not be for everyone, but if in crisis, one should at least consider the possibility.

Church is on tap today and wherein I remember all of my ailing Cruisemates as well as all of you in the Blessings department. I think it's to all of our benefit to make such requests known in God's House at least once a week, if you get my drift. I have to admit, while I recently suggested I may have to do this, I'm now really getting to the point where I'm going to have to take a written list what with the collapse of my brain (something which Fran still insists happened decades ago ). I'm really remiss at removing names from the list as they recover because I'm always afraid if I do, they may have a relapse. I think today's explanation for such compulsive behavior is , "....through an overabundance of caution."

I'm still a bit upset that they updated the Liturgy in the Episcopal Church some years back and now rarely use my favorite "old timey" word, "amongst." as in "May the Lord Bless you and remain amongst you always." It's replacement, "Be with" to me is such a pedestrian substitute.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Hump Day!

Todd
Old September 15th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning from beautiful NY . My injuries are healing slowly but enough to where I am getting out of the house today to do something sociable ,going to meet a friend for lunch
Old September 15th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Panera's here in WI. I spent last week on my beloved Cape Cod with Jake. What a beautiful week we had!!!!! I tried not to go on my computer too much while away so I have a lot of catching up to do here.

Henry, I'm glad to hear that you are now at the point where you can get out a bit.
Todd, you and Fran are still in my thoughts and prayers. I am once again dealing with being sick every week or so if you want to send up a little prayer for me today. :-)
Beenie, I still love reading about your experiences. You really should write a book. Do you keep a journal?
Donna, I know you're day sounds busy, but I have the feeling that you are enjoying your new job. You really could get a job in the tourism dept. of your area. You sure make me want to come for a visit

Take care everyone.
Phyll
Old September 15th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright, sunny, and cool here...Phyl, so glad you had a great time in my backyard...your roots run deep there,and I'm glad you come back,and one day,we can get together over a sea food lunch.

I booked some dining and entertainment options for my Epic cruise,and I am not thrilled with this new process, but.......

A bit of running around today,and, then home to make stuffed cabbage...shall I set a place for you?

Make it a good one?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 15th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Default Wonderful Wednesday

Good morning, everybody.

We need an infirmary here. MY dear DH is ailing with a cough and sore throa that kept him awake all night. I have a very painful swollen index finger. The doctor told me the other day it's probably a sliver that's been "walled off". But it really swelled over night and hurts a lot.

We enjoyed lunch in Newport Beach yesterday and meeting Frank's (Farrimco) new wife, Ruth.

Have a pleasant day.

Judy
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Captain

Better late posting than not posting at all I guess. It has been one busy week so far. As I posted earlier in the week my D/D managed to break an arm trying to show her 7 yr old how to ride a skateboard. That didn't go well. Yesterday she was able to get in to see our best ortho Dr. and found that it is not a full break just a very bad crack right at the elbow. He took off all the bandages that the ER Dr. had put on and she is now in only a sling. The Dr. told us if they cast the arm the way it is she may never get use of bending her elbow once it heals. She is to take the sling off at least 2 times a day and move the arm as far as she can...ouch! She goes back next Tues for another x-ray and if the bone is not shifting then she will continue as is. If the bone has shifted any she will have to have a pin put in to stablize it. We are praying it doesn't move!
I have been the taxi service getting the kids to either school or the babysitters and back plus taking her where she needs to be. Today she demanded that I go home and do what I needed to here before I beging the afternoon taxi route. Called her about half an hour ago and she is doing fine. She is tough except when it comes to riding a skateboard and I do beleive those days are now over!
The weather is great here, sun and not too hot. These days are winding down so I need to get outside and enjoy it while we can. Hope all our mates are doing well. Have a great rest of the day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 15th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Admiral

Sue, glad to hear that your daughter is doing so good, hope that she can cntinue as she is and not have a pin put in.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014