Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning!

Morning Mates,
Already Thursday, is it me, or is this week moving fast?
Wow, Wednesday was a long day and I was tired when I got home!
It was nice to relax with a good movie and not have to move for 2 hours!

Tell me, why can't they make movies based on books as good as the book?
I have to admit, I was disappointed in "My Sister's Keeper". It was interesting to see what actresses and actors were cast in the parts, but the story was a bit different and the surprise ending did not happen.

Anyone got a recommendation for any good movies you might have seen?
I haven't seen a movie in a theatre, or rented one for a long time so I'm a little out of touch. Since I don't like much on TV these days, I thought I'd start catching up on all the movies I may have missed.

Well, I'm off to Aquafitness this morning, so I'd better get a move on.
Have a good one!

donna
Old September 16th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning from warm and sunny NY .Normally I see about 40 films a year but due to illness I have not been to a movie this year
Old September 16th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Top 'o the mornin' to you Rollerdonna, Henry and all who follow!

Another very warm day on tap here in upper East Tennessee with a chance of some afternoon showers.

Plan on trying to get the Ponderosa mowed and get some nickel and dime chores down around the house. Fran also just reminded me I have a newspaper column to write. Writing it is no problem but coming up with an idea certainly is! As I'm always saying, when one writes about the same basic topic every single week for probably thirteen years one learns to get very "creative" indeed! I'm surprised the guys in the white coats haven't hauled me away by now.

As far as movies go Rollerdonna, I'm pretty much into documentaries revolving around the Second World War. I have no idea how many I have save to say I wouldn't be surprised were I able to watch them non-stop for six months, I wouldn't repeat anything.

I sure hope somebody's heard from Hannibal. I haven't seen anything since he went in for his surgery but then I don't check the other threads.

Hope you and Keith are feeling better today, Judy along with everyone else who was not doing so well yesterday.

I was wondering about something Beenie Weenie and I figured you'd be the one to ask. Since I know nothing about home schooling, does it usually continue through high school or does it end prior to that stage?

Well, gotta' get at it. Prayers and Blessings continue along with a reminder that just one more day to TGIF!!!! :-D

Todd
Old September 16th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Captain

Things are getting a little more normal around here today. D/D is doing much better every day and even is attempting going to work today. Of course I am on stand by just in case it is more than she can handle and will be called into duty to pick her up. She said just being able to take a shower made her feel better.
I have managed to get several jobs completed around the house this morning. Seems I have been neglecting our place while taking care of D/D's house. That's OK she needed it more than we did. It is a very warm morning here, with a few scattered showers but we sure do need the rain. No grass mowing for us as the dry weather has pretty much ended that job for awhile.
Will spend the day just working around here. Hope everyone has a great day. Prayers continue for all our mates in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 16th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning, friends!

I haven't stepped outside, yet, but rumor has it that the humidity is a little lower! I'll take it.

I received notice that the Kindle I ordered will be received next week.... WooHoooo! I pondered the purchase for so long, but once I ordered it, I got excited, and now i can't wait. I've been picking out books to download. I have a whole list of authors and books. Guess I had better spread these purchases out over a few months, huh?

RD, I don't go movies, for several reasons. One, I have trouble avoiding that large bucket of hot buttered popcorn, and secondly, I have trouble avoiding the chocolate that goes with it! Seriously, I'm not sure why I don't go to movies.

Sue, I hope your DD continues to improve, and gets through the day without problem.

DH and I need to go by the doctor's office to sign a release, then to the mall to pick up some make-up (a girl must do what a girl must do!), and then I think a trip to Galveston for lunch or dinner, depending on the time.

Everyone make it a good one!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old September 16th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Things could be going better in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. The old ticker isn't responding to the new medications and in fact the new medications have made the problems worse. They basically turn me into a zombie and any exertion is like I am running a marathon. It's a weird feeling. I am "short" of breath but having no problem breathing and I am even more light headed than normal and my thinking process isn't the best. I am a pretty good cook and usually cooking is no problem but making dinner is a real hard thing to do and I am messing up as much as I am making. Hopefully a new pacemaker will fix the problem.

To add to it my furry best friend is nearing his end. Kramer's back legs are barely holding him up and he is having more and more instances where they totally go out and he can't walk. I had to carry him into the house last night. He was crawling to me on just his front legs. That was a heartbreaking thing to see. I talked to my daughter and we'll be putting him to rest this weekend. Then again, this morning he's back up and walking around and going up and down the stairs. Maybe he overheard the phone call.

Well: Enough of the "happy news". Otherwise things are going well and Betty and my sister are getting excited about the Epic cruise next month. I've made the dining and entertainment reservations and plan on hitting as many restaurants as I can in seven days. It should be a fun time.

I hope everyone is doing as good as possible and that fun is on the agenda for today.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 16th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a humid, hot Texas. There is no rain in sight for us.

Well, I went three whole days without the sounds of drills, and the basic remodeling sounds, but this morning they are at it again. Today it is new front and back doors. I had them custom made, and they will be beautiful once they are up. Why is it when you get something new everything else around it, needs work too?

I finally got the floors in the boys area done. It really does look good. I have no idea when the rest of the house will be done. I have to save my money up again for that. I plan to take it slowly, so that we don't go in the hole on the money situation.

We decided that Joe's old room would become an entertainment room for Jim and Josh. I have a feeling Joe would have much approved. You know something funny. I had a difficult time with the painting of Joe's room. I kept thinking that he was being painted away, and it was very sad.

Oh well... Life does go on, right?

A teacher friend of mine had jury duty this week. The defense asked her if she had ever been involved with someone who had lost someone to murder. She told him yes. He asked what the outcome was, and she said the guy didn't get enough time in prison. She was dismissed.

I saw on the news this morning that the killer had changed his plea to guilty.

I do hope that all of you are well. I so pray for all of you each night, and hope that it is working.

Please be safe, and remember to say you love someone.

I Love you all,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 16th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Oh Mike, sorry to hear that both you and Kramer are not doing so well.
It must be so frustrating messing about with medications for yourself, and so heartbreaking watching Kramer going downhill. I agree, maybe he did hear that phone conversation!

donna
Old September 16th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Admiral

Default Kramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Good morning everyone:

Things could be going better in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. The old ticker isn't responding to the new medications and in fact the new medications have made the problems worse. They basically turn me into a zombie and any exertion is like I am running a marathon. It's a weird feeling. I am "short" of breath but having no problem breathing and I am even more light headed than normal and my thinking process isn't the best. I am a pretty good cook and usually cooking is no problem but making dinner is a real hard thing to do and I am messing up as much as I am making. Hopefully a new pacemaker will fix the problem.

To add to it my furry best friend is nearing his end. Kramer's back legs are barely holding him up and he is having more and more instances where they totally go out and he can't walk. I had to carry him into the house last night. He was crawling to me on just his front legs. That was a heartbreaking thing to see. I talked to my daughter and we'll be putting him to rest this weekend. Then again, this morning he's back up and walking around and going up and down the stairs. Maybe he overheard the phone call.

Well: Enough of the "happy news". Otherwise things are going well and Betty and my sister are getting excited about the Epic cruise next month. I've made the dining and entertainment reservations and plan on hitting as many restaurants as I can in seven days. It should be a fun time.

I hope everyone is doing as good as possible and that fun is on the agenda for today.

Take care,
Mike

Sorry to hear about his problem.My grand dog is experiencing exactly the same thing .I know what you are going through
Old September 16th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning

Good morning. I am very angry at this computer. Every once in a while, it goes through something called "reconfiguring," and if you're typing anything, or looking at anything, you lose it. So here's the whole enchilada again.

Mike, I am very sad for both you and Kramer. Prayers and good thoughts go out to both of you.

Donna, I haven't been to a movie in years. The last one I remember was from the "Star Wars" series.

Luanne, I wish we could redo our house, but I'd have to win the CA lottery!

Todd, I hope Fran is doing well.

Keith and I are limping along, both on various antibiotics. Yesterday I told the dr. that we needed our own personal infirmary!

I just saw a new batch of Maxine quotes. So funny!

Have a good day!

Judy