Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
I am possibly renting a car in FLL to drive up to Orlando ( eeeek :eek: ) on the 4th of December after the cruise ends.
Is there anywhere I should stop off?
Where does DTW live???
DTW is near Orlando in St. Petersburg. Fortunately car rentals are very inexpensive in Florida. I found a compact for a week at Dollar Rent a Car for $99. If you are going to rent one, make sure you make an advance reservation, or it will cost more. Make sure you rent a GPS along with the car and you should be fine. If we can drive in Ireland on the left side of the road and navigate the roundabouts without incident, I am sure you'll be fine on the right side here... just be sure to purchase the zero $ damage waiver at the time of your car rental

Liam it is so funny, I have been trying not to spend much lately, save a little $$, since Christmas is coming and be frugal (I am not good at it lol) then this all came up and I really didn't want to miss all of you. I would love to see Ray and Helen again, they are so wonderful just to sit and spend time with. Then Expedia sent me a reminder that I had that darned coupon, so checked it out and the flight and 4 days hotel ended up costing $180 after the coupon... how could I pass that up. I told d/h what I wanted to do and he said go ahead...Merry Christmas. So in essence, my husband is giving me my CruiseMates for Christmas...ain't that sweet?

Since you are going to be starting out at FLL, Key West is about 3.5 hours south or you could see the Everglades on a tour. I will probably head for Punta Gorda once I land and get checked in to my hotel on the 4th. Not sure if I'll spend the night at my g/f's house or if I will drive back to Orlando that night. I may also stay that night in Estero at a resort I like. It's kind of fun just to be able to fly by the seat of my pants for a change and not have to have everything planned down to the last detail. I really am looking forward to this trip. This is just about the time the snow flies around here too, so a trip to sunny warm Florida is just what the Doctor ordered.

Laura, I can't wait to meet you too!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 24th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
No problem Mate. I spent a bit of time in your part of the world a LONG time ago. Can't wait to meet ya.

BEENIE! What GREAT news! I can't wait to meet you in person as well. I already feel like I know you, so it'll be like OLD HOME DAY! See you there!

Ken
"SKY"
Oh yes Ken, I am excited! Is there anything you want me to bring you from here? Sorry but sweet corn season is over

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 24th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie View Post
Oh yes Ken, I am excited! Is there anything you want me to bring you from here? Sorry but sweet corn season is over
Thanks for the offer Beenie, but there are only two things that we REALLY miss from Indiana. Number one is "Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches", and number two is "Indiana Apple Cider". Please don't attempt to bring either of those, as we use those two things as excuses to head North and visit Fortville. Just bring yourself. Can't wait to see you!

Ken
"SKY"
Old October 10th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Admiral

Guess I should have read this one first. Glad to hear Ken and the lovely Mrs. Jones will be in attendance. Will be really good to finally meet Liam and to see Jackie again. It's on my calendar now.

Carnival Glory