Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2010, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Default And It's Wednesday!

Morning Mates, from a chilly, cloudy day in Pictou County.
We managed to escape the wrath of Igor with just a windy day yesterday, but Newfoundland was not so lucky.
They received over 200 mm of rain in less than 20 hours, and the flooding, collapsed roads, and tree damage was devastating. Igor took a direct hit on one little penninsula, and many small villages declared a state of emergency.

Meanwhile, Halifax weathered the storm with just a windy day, and James met his brother on the pier and they enjoyed a lovely walk on the Halifax harbourfront, and a lunch on the patio of Murphy's On the Water, where a seagull scored a direct hit on the back of James' hand!. Just missed his fries!

Yesterday I mentioned his brother was arriving on Oasis of the Seas, but it was Explorer of the Seas. After lunch, James was able to drive his brother back to the ship (a considerable hike considering his brother walks with a cane), and James was thrilled to be able to drive right up to the ship at the pier. Always a thrill to be so close to a beautiful cruise ship!

Well, Wednesday is my long day, with 2 classes at the Y this morning, then the regular afternoon job. I think I shall be exhauseted tonight, but I still have much work to do in the garage, where I am trying to prepare for a garage sale in 2 weeks time. No rest for the wicked....

donna

p.s. I have decided to start enlarging the print of my posts as I have trouble reading them. I hope this doesn't bother anyone!
Old September 22nd, 2010, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default font

Thanks Donna. I originally requested everyone to enlarge thier print. I am having problems reading also.

I Sail The Carnival Dream.

The Royal Princess Transatlantic.

I sail The Crown Princess to The Southern Caribbean.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 09:08 AM
Captain

Good morning to all. It is going to be a warm last day of summer around here with temps in the 90"s. That is ok with me as I am not a winter person. I will follow suit and enlarge the print. It does make it easier to read since I am getting older and my arms are getting shorter:o!
I am glad to report that my d/d got good news yesterday about her broken elbow. The new xray shows it is healing in place and doing very well. She is going to start theapy on Friday to try and get the elbow loosened up. It is very stiff and painful when she trys to move it. The Dr. says if she doesn't start working it now it will not move later on. She is not looking forward to it but know it has to be done.
Today I play taxi driver again for my Mom. It is another of her many Dr. appts. This evening is the local Apple Festival kick-off where d/h will be calling a square dance on Main St. We have done this for years and it is always lots of fun. Plus there is lots of good food to sample. I hope to pick up a couple bags of apples to make some cobblers and such.
Hope everyone has a great day and enjoy the last day of summer!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 22nd, 2010, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and sunny, we should be close to 80!! These hurricanes are coming fast and furious. I can only hope, when I sail, we are not on Zelda by then! Glad you were spared Donna.

I finished a fall collection of my jewelery, so, I need to ship it off to the Cape. A few other stops,including getting a flu shot is on my agenda.

Make it a good one..Good to sea you Ray

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from hot and sunny NY .I can't figure out how to increase the font size ,sorry .

Meeting friends for lunch today

Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a sunny seventy-seven degrees in Virginia Beach. It's supposed to be in the upper 80's today; back to the hot, hot, summer weather even though fall starts officially late in the evening. Rob and I went to the gym and I just finished working through my email. Later in the day it is off to work. Rollerdonna, I was sorry to hear that Newfoundland got really hit by Igor. Glad to hear that Halifax was fun; I do like eating at Mc Kelvies.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Default Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by balabusta View Post
Good morning from a sunny seventy-seven degrees in Virginia Beach. It's supposed to be in the upper 80's today; back to the hot, hot, summer weather even though fall starts officially late in the evening. Rob and I went to the gym and I just finished working through my email. Later in the day it is off to work. Rollerdonna, I was sorry to hear that Newfoundland got really hit by Igor. Glad to hear that Halifax was fun; I do like eating at Mc Kelvies.

Fall begins tonight and also Succoth
Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Henry, look right above,where you start to write....you will see a block that says, verdana, that is your font style, if you click on that arrow next to it, you will find other style font..Then, look in the box next door..it gives a number..mine now says "3" as I clicked on the arrow to enlarge my font...

Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Sorry ,I do not see verdana ,Trip
Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Henry, may you and yours and all my fellow cruisemates, who observe Sukkot, find peace and happiness as you decorate the Sukkot and enjoy the season's bounty!
Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by balabusta View Post
Henry, may you and yours and all my fellow cruisemates, who observe Sukkot, find peace and happiness as you decorate the Sukkot and enjoy the season's bounty!
Beginning tonight we will be eating in the succoh .May everyone who celebrates the holiday have enjoyment .
Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Henry,it could be another font name...not to worry, just enlarge your font size number...

Old September 22nd, 2010, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone.
Happiness is the the first sip of coffee in the morning!
Could be made better if I were sitting on a balcony of a crusie ship.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:00 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It was a late night last night so I wasn't up with the birds this morning. Not too much on the agenda other than a trip to the dentist for the semi-annual check-up.

A hint to those who may have a hard time reading the posts. You can change your display size or the "zoom level" of Internet Explorer. This will make everything larger. You can change the display size from your Windows Control Panel and you can change the Zoom Level by clicking the little magnifying glass in the bottom right corner of any IE browser window.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Default And It's Wednesday!

A late good morning. I slept in, too. Should be another perfect day, weather-wise. Tomorrow it will begin to warm up, waay up!

Nothing on the agenda today, except gym and ironing.

Judy
Old September 22nd, 2010, 01:07 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon CruiseMates,
It is kind of a pathetic icky rainy day here today. But at least its still warm. The kids are almost done with their writing exercises and lunch will be served shortly. I know what to feed the kids but none of it sounds very good to me. So I'm not sure what I'll have but I'll come up with something.

It got up to 95 yesterday and I finally got to get in the pool. It was so nice to float around with the kids. I am glad I didn't close the pool already like most around here have. I may get to go out again tomorrow since it should be in the 90's again.

Not much else happening right now. It is quiet...just the way I like it. Have a good hump day all.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 22nd, 2010, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny beautiful WI.

I had a nice lunch at a little restaurant in Genesee Depot today with some friends. That's a nice quaint little WI town.

Donna, I'm glad to hear that you escaped the latest hurricane. Sounds like James had a nice day too.

Beenie, I was happy to read that you got to spend some time in your pool yesterday. Sure won't be many more days like that.

I don't see a post from Todd today. I sure hope Fran is doing ok. My thoughts and prayers going out to them.

Take care everyone.
Phyll
Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:31 PM
Admiral

Back from having a fabulous lunch