Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning!

Morning Mates, it's Thursday already, this week is flying!
There is a bright sun out there this morning, and it's already 15C, or almost 60F, so it looks to be a good day weather wise.

Tonight there are 3 different things happening in town that I want to attend after work, and I am going to try and do at least 2.
One is a travel show, including cruises that sounds interesting, another is an Open House with info about a new Wellness Centre being built and where I hope to be working when it opens, and the last is Ladies Night (25 -50% off!) at my favourite store. I did some pre-shopping and trying-on yesterday when I had more time, so I just have to run in and pick it up during the sale hours.
Trip, you would be proud of me!

This morning, it's Aquafitness for me, and since I missed Tuesday, I am ready! Have a good one folks.....

donna

p.s. Henry, in order to change the size of your print, you highlight what you have written, then at the top of the box you will see a little box that says "Size" with an arrow, click arrow and numbers will drop down. This size is 3, and I also clicked "B" for Bold to make it darker.
Next to the Size box in the letter "A" which will give you a choice of colours as well. Good Luck!
Old September 23rd, 2010, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a still dark Texas. I noticed last night that the temps for next week will be in the 80's. FINALLY!!

I have no idea what I am doing up so early this morning. I'm not sure what to do.

I am still on a cleaning frenzy. I want to get things more manageable. Yesterday I cleaned out from under our bed. I didn't find Jimmy Hoffa, but I found other things I didn't know we still had.

I do hope that all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 23rd, 2010, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well things here are pretty much the same as yesterday. Just going to be a little dryer and a little hotter. Should get up into the 90's. I think this will be my last pool day as fall weather should be moving in this weekend and it should cool down 20-30 degrees. So in a bit I will roust the girl child and get started on lessons early, so we can get done early.

Speaking of lessons, I just have to say how happy I am with their progress this year. Especially with math. They are both more than half way through their grade level. Math for them is much more difficult than it was when I was a kid. They are learning stuff I know I didn't learn until I was quite a bit older than them. Now if I can find the secret key to getting them to do more writing, and doing it better. I will be a very happy woman indeed. Right now it is a battle. Oh well. This too shall pass.

Prayers going out to those of our CruiseMates family who are in need. Todd & Fran you are both especially on my mind.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 23rd, 2010, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna, Luanne and all who follow!

Today is to be another hot and more humid one with a forecasted high of 91 F. They keeping backing up when the cooler weather is supposed to arrive. Now they're saying day after tomorrow. Day after tomorrow they'll probably say it will be next Tuesday.

Fran had a fairly restful night last night but continues to experience these spikes in fever. Her temp was 102.1 F at 0200 darktime this morning but she had nightsweats and it broke around two hours later. I just hope it stays down or failing that, that the Tylenol will continue to do its job. She just walked into the kitchen a couple of minutes ago and I took her temp. It was 97.5. Oh, were it to stay around that level. Maybe her Levaquin migh be kicking in. We can't wait until Monday and find out what all the cultures reveal.

It's mowing day today and I hope to get out before it gets too hot.

Prayers continue for those on the list accompanied of course by a request for Blessings upon all.

Todd
Old September 23rd, 2010, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning Friends!! I was up nd around real early this morning. I spent the better part of the morning writing my review of my recent cruise on Carnival Liberty. It is submitted here but I don't know when it will be posted by admn.I also hav it posted on my forum too.
Much to do this morning. Guests coming to swim. Have a geat day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 23rd, 2010, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning from where it expects to be another hot day in the nineties, in Virginia Beach. Summer weather just won't let go in the Tidewater area. Luanne, you are not the only one doing spring cleaning, in the fall,.Today, Rob and I are headed to the nearby thrift store to get rid of clutter. (we are both pack rats!) Todd, thoughts and prayers go out to you and Fran; may Fran's temperature reach a healthy level. The gym was closed today due to Sukkot so I am packing bag with unneeded clutter! Make it a great day, fellow cruisemates!
Old September 23rd, 2010, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Good Morning everyone from hot and sunny NY .Today I will be celebrating the holiday in the afternoon and evening
Old September 23rd, 2010, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
Morning Mates, it's Thursday already, this week is flying!
There is a bright sun out there this morning, and it's already 15C, or almost 60F, so it looks to be a good day weather wise.

Tonight there are 3 different things happening in town that I want to attend after work, and I am going to try and do at least 2.
One is a travel show, including cruises that sounds interesting, another is an Open House with info about a new Wellness Centre being built and where I hope to be working when it opens, and the last is Ladies Night (25 -50% off!) at my favourite store. I did some pre-shopping and trying-on yesterday when I had more time, so I just have to run in and pick it up during the sale hours.
Trip, you would be proud of me!

This morning, it's Aquafitness for me, and since I missed Tuesday, I am ready! Have a good one folks.....

donna

p.s. Henry, in order to change the size of your print, you highlight what you have written, then at the top of the box you will see a little box that says "Size" with an arrow, click arrow and numbers will drop down. This size is 3, and I also clicked "B" for Bold to make it darker.
Next to the Size box in the letter "A" which will give you a choice of colours as well. Good Luck!

I did highlight but I did not see the box ,I am so computer illiterate
Old September 23rd, 2010, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning

A late good morning to you. I like the large print, too, but I don't remember to change it. Can you "set" it some way?

Todd, I hope Fran can maintain a normal body temp.
Donna, looks like you have a full and fun filled evening ahead of you!

We did our Good Will thing a couple of weeks ago. We collected several large trash bags full olf clothing. Afterward, I cleaned the den where I had it all piled up. So nice to see it all gone!

Well, I must do the ironing I didn't do yesterday.

Have a good day.

Judy
Old September 23rd, 2010, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Henry, I think all the info people have been giving you is at the top of the screen of the reply screen. Judy
Old September 23rd, 2010, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Good morning mates.

Another beautiful day in Ct.. More sunshine and warm weather. Tomorrow we are expecting 90.deg., which is quite good for this time of the year.

My garden is still going strong. I am picking all the veggies that I can since we are leaving on monday.

Have a great thursday everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old September 23rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
Admiral

I apologize to those of you (like myself) who have trouble reading the small print. I keep forgetting to change the size of my type.

Henry, at the top of the window where you are typing your message, it has a couple of drop down menus. You should see one called "fonts" and one that says "sizes" you can adjust the type size where it says "sizes". Hope that helps. Oh and make sure that you click on "reply to thread" at the bottom of the entire thread, rather than "reply to post" at the bottom of each individual post, because I did not see a font size adjustment option when I used the "reply to post" function

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 23rd, 2010, 10:23 PM
Admiral

Default Thank you Beenie

Thank you so very much Beenie .