Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Admiral

Oh I am so ready to go. It is like winter here already. It was in the 20's this morning and I happened to look at some of Liam's pictures he took already in Florida. People swimming in the pool. Running around in shorts and sleeveless shirts.... two more weeks!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 19th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Admiral

Two more pictures up BW.
Had a suprise extra visitor Tina S!!!

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old November 20th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
Two more pictures up BW.
Had a suprise extra visitor Tina S!!!
Cool! Sounds like you are having a blast!!! Make sure you tag the photos so we know who we're looking at ...lol like you have nothing better to do on vacation right? Have fun Liam, see you and the gang very soon! Can't wait!

Old November 20th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Where are the pics?

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old November 20th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Laura,

The picts I saw were on facebook.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 21st, 2010, 06:21 AM
Admiral

Thanks Luanne.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old November 25th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllbo View Post
Just booked my hotel room for the night. I can't wait to see everybody! Now all I have to do is stay well so that I can really make this happen.

I can't help but wonder if Trip will make a surprise grand entrance. Sure would be fun to see her again as well as any of you who might be thinking about surprising us too.

Phyll
WOOOHOOOOOOOOO Phyll, great to see you too!!!!!

Greetings from very humid St. Lucia at sundown, getting ready for thanksgiving dinner

Old November 25th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
WOOOHOOOOOOOOO Phyll, great to see you too!!!!!

Greetings from very humid St. Lucia at sundown, getting ready for thanksgiving dinner
Gobble Gobble! Enjoy! Looking forward to hearing stories when you get back!
Angela Z.
Old November 27th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline
Default I know it is the wrong thread

At sea, November 27, 2010

Hellooooooo from the Caribean!!!
We are a week at sea now and the island of today was Grenada. It was a tiresome itin this week, 4 ports in a row, tomorrow seaday and then Curacao.
Let me start with the day we left for Florida, we had a good flights from Amsterdam to Dublin to Orlando, arrived in time, although we left Dublin with a 1 ˝ hrs delay, tailwind was the magic word. Jake and Linda were waiting for us at a parking lot nearby, waiting for our phonecall. Its an hours drive to their house from the airport, we had a lot of catching up to do. Linda as always is a great inn keeper J and cooked a simple but filling meal, after that we tried to stay awake till at least 23.00 hrs, and went to bed, totally exhausted. In the days following Abby and Mark came to see us, Linda made a gorgeous turkey dinner, and been out for dinner with Abby, Ed, Else, Jake and Linda for our 10th anniversary, which was great.
On Friday Angela and Tina came to pick us up for the drive to Fort Lauderdale to meet with Liam, our online buddy for a long time and now seeing for the first time live J
It was great to see both Angela and Tina again, they are great friends, even with the big pond between us. They talked and talked on the way down, and before we knew it we were at our hotel. We checked in and to my surprise was there Ed, who I know from Facebook game Evony. He is a charming and very nice man, tnx Ed for showing up and meet our crazy bunch. Ed joined us to Liams hotel and we had a few drinks at the hotelbar outside. In the evening we went out for dinner and had a blast time. We had breakfast the next day together and then the girls took off to their own destinations. To Holmes and Watson, tnx for plotting this adventure J
We boarded very smoothly and it did not take long before our luggage was brought to our cabin. We had a sail away party at the penthouse suite of one of our online cruise critic members, and planned to do some crazy stuff in front of the webcam, unfortunately we left 2 hrs later then planned, too many ships in port, and it was dark by the time we left.
As for the ship, we have positive and negative thoughts about it. We do know we will not sail any Celebrity ship again, how good the itin may be. There was a crew change of 200 members and that shows in service, more lacking it. Oh well, we deal with that after the cruise, for now we are still on a ship, at sea, great itin, nice weather, although we had some heavy rain the past days off and on. It beats the European snow any time J
Meeting some of the cruise critic members was an adventure on its own. We have a hard core group that is always at the aft deck having fun, they make the cruise a positive experience J
Now Liam, our Kiwimaster, that is a different story. He is for sure a Kiwi, and a very nice one. A bit shy at times, but once he gets to know you better the jokes come J To understand his accent, that’s something else J
We work around all accents on board, cause we have a world wide group with all their own speech, don’t forget ours in the first place J
So far we have been on Sint Maarten, which is always good for shopping, Heineken at every streetcorner for 1 dollar 50 and good weather. Next port of calls Antigua, St. Lucia and Grenada. The hurricane influences in the past and present are devastating, specially the last two ports.
Well, this is pretty much a global update on our adventures, time to air this document through cyberspace, I have to start up the ships wireless connection, which is a dial up and veeeeeeeeeeeeeery sloooooooooooooooooow. Snail mail in space J

Take care out there.

Xxxxxxxx Jacky and Ron

Old November 28th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Captain

Enjoyed your review- sounds like you having a great holiday! We are doing this same cruise on Jan.29. This will be our 7th. "X" cruise and I'm curious as to why you say it will be your last on celebrity. It's unfortunate about the lack of service but, like you say, that could be the new crew getting oriented. What else about Celebrity in general and the Connie in particular don't you like? Appreciate any feedback. Enjoy the rest of your cruise-the ABC islands are the best! Another Jackie
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Old November 29th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacdenv24 View Post
Enjoyed your review- sounds like you having a great holiday! We are doing this same cruise on Jan.29. This will be our 7th. "X" cruise and I'm curious as to why you say it will be your last on celebrity. It's unfortunate about the lack of service but, like you say, that could be the new crew getting oriented. What else about Celebrity in general and the Connie in particular don't you like? Appreciate any feedback. Enjoy the rest of your cruise-the ABC islands are the best! Another Jackie
We do not enjoy having to train Celebrities staff on the correct procedure for providing the basic service that X should be providing let alone any premium service that we pay extra service for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My buttler sucks!!!!!

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old November 29th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default Add 3 more to the gathering

Ray & Helen and 2 daughters if they can get off work.
Gaile and Harry
Laura + 1 Friend

Skymaster and Vita
Liam
Beenie
Kim and Jack
Jackie and Ron
Phyllbo
Karl and Karin
Luanne and Jim
Angela and Hayley
Cruwysie and Wayne
Jake and Linda
Ray Jr and Kathy and Sue

We are so happy that so many will be with us. If anyone else can make it please come. Let me know. I have confirmed the room.

I Sail The Carnival Dream.

The Royal Princess Transatlantic.

I sail The Crown Princess to The Southern Caribbean.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Can't wait to see everybody. Thank you Ray for setting it all up!

Phyll
Old December 3rd, 2010, 07:42 PM
Admiral

Yay! I am so excited. I cannot wait to get down there. My flight leaves in the morning. Now all the sudden we're expecting snow.... if I don't get out of this wintery crap soon, someone is going to be in BIG trouble. I am just praying that it doesn't screw up my flight time.

Ray I am very excited to see you again. I want to let you know how much I appreciate the effort you put into putting this together for all of us!

Old December 5th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Admiral

Have a great time everyone, wish I was there!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old December 6th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Admiral

Less than 4 hours to go!!!!

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Admiral

I'm waiting on the pictures!

donna
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Same here , I know there was a surprise guest attending .I was sworn to secrecy .
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Well, Henry, I think I know who

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 6th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

We are back at the hotel. and had the greatest time, with a lot of great people.

It is so funny to finally meet people, that you have known for 5 years. An employee stopped me and asked if this was a reunion. I said yes, in a way it is.

Yes we did have a surprise guest. Todd has been down here all week. It was the hardest secret I have had to keep for a long time. In fact when I typed my good morning thread on Saturday, I almost gave it away, because Todd, Jim and I spent most of the day at the Daytona Speedway.

We had a full room tonight, with everyone in good cheer. It was a few hours, I will hold dear to my heart forever.

Thanks guys!!!
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Admiral

I was right What do I win? So glad Todd was able to meet so many CM friends....I bet a good time was had by all, with memories to last a life time...xoxox

Old December 6th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Admiral

That is so great that Todd was there. I can't wait to see pics!

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old December 6th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Admiral

Default Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
We are back at the hotel. and had the greatest time, with a lot of great people.

It is so funny to finally meet people, that you have known for 5 years. An employee stopped me and asked if this was a reunion. I said yes, in a way it is.

Yes we did have a surprise guest. Todd has been down here all week. It was the hardest secret I have had to keep for a long time. In fact when I typed my good morning thread on Saturday, I almost gave it away, because Todd, Jim and I spent most of the day at the Daytona Speedway.

We had a full room tonight, with everyone in good cheer. It was a few hours, I will hold dear to my heart forever.

Thanks guys!!!

Todd told me that only 3 people knew he would be attending .He was so happy to be going .I'm so glad that he was able to join all of you .
Old December 6th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Admiral

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old December 7th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Admiral

Wonderful photos
Old December 7th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Admiral

Somebody please post more pics!! And so glad Todd was there!!

donna
Old December 7th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Admiral

These dinners get better and better every time. I just loved every moment of last night. So much love in this group of wonderful people that I met. The secret keepers did a fine job. Phyll and I kept thinking that Trip would walk in any moment. She did not but we can hope that the next time she will. Luanne you looked almost exactly as I pictured except that my mind saw red hair! When I saw Todd come into the room my eyes filled with tears. What a great surprise that Beenie and Luanne kept. Seeing everyone was just great. I wish we could do this more often. This was a major event for me. I just loved meeting CM's that I had not already met and seeing the others again.

Laura
---Mark Twain

Old December 7th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Laura, boy would I have loved to walk into that room too..maybe one day....The prices when I checked were quite high,and just having been there twice,it just was not in the cards, this time;(

Oddly, an ad I read yesterday, advertised, Boston to Jacksonville.,$84.00..That, I could have worked with...so glad the room was filled with happy paople, sharing good times.

Old December 7th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Very pleased to see Todd out and about.

It lookedyou all had a good time!
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Admiral

I will be meeting a CM couple on Monday ,possibly on Sunday night