Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday!

Morning Mates, from a day in Pictou best described by husband this morning as " dull as ditch water"!
It is dull, but it's also unseasonably warm, heading up to 20C or 68F.
Perfect day for working out in the garage with the doors open. I'm hoping to get that nasty job finished this weekend, and all prepared for a Garage Sale on Thanksgiving weekend, which is only 2 weeks away.

Tonight is the return of Trivia at the local coffee house/pub, the written trivia which we prefer to the shout-out trivia. Hopefully some of our friends will show up to give us a good team! Got to get in practice for trivia on the ship in November!

Todd, hope that Fran is feeling better today and beating down that fever.
My thoughts are with you both....

donna
Old September 25th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Hot and muggy here, with some spots hitting 90, <VBG> I am off to work..we have a silk show of Thai Silks this week, so,. I am looking forward to seeing them...I will merchandise the window with some, to make the ladies stop in their tracks

Todd, I hope things are going better for Fran, and, you, both have a good weekend. I raise a glass of oj to her health. xox

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 25th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
The cool crisp weather has arrived! This morning the winds have finally died down and it is a cool crisp 53 degrees. I think is the official end of my pool season. So when I take the kids to town for their music lessons today, I will need to get all the stuff to winterize it. I am praying for a mild winter this year.

The foot has been doing well. It is actually doing much better than the other foot that didn't have surgery. It is leading me to want to have surgery done on the other foot during the first or second week of October. That way I should be in pretty good shape by December for my little trip to Florida . I sure hope d/h can handle these little munchniks on his own for 4 days . I spoke to my girlfriend in Punta Gorda last night. I saw her once 8 years ago since we graduated from High School 28 years ago. Wow time flies! We are both really looking forward to getting together again. I always think of her in the fall because she was my trick or treating buddy when we were kids.

Todd & Fran just want to touch base and see how you are both holding up today. You've been on my mind and in my prayers.

Not much else is happening to summer. Maybe tonight I will cooked something on the grill and have a little farewell to summer party out on the patio.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 25th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning

Todd and Fran ,you are in my prayers .Beenie ,I hope you heal very soon.

Its very hot and sunny in my area .Today is the end of summer celebration on the beach in a neighboring town .It begins in about 30 minutes and lasts all day:entertainment ,food and all kinds of goodies
Old September 25th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a warm Texas. The weather man says that our temps will change next week. I sure hope so.

Donna, I also need to do our garage. That is where all the stuff ended up when we remodeled. I hope to get rid of most of it.

I am also praying for Fran and Todd.

I suppose some here in Texas hate to see the hot weather go away, but I am not one of them. I can't wait to open the windows. Start a fire in the fire place, and cuddle with hubby. (Not all at the same time)

I hope all of you have a good Saturday.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 25th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Good morning from WI. It sure is feeling like fall this morning. Seeing lots of Red around town this morning as many look to be heading to Madison for the Badger's football game. Reminded me of when the Cardinals are in Jupiter for Spring training. Red everywhere!

Todd and Fran my heart and prayers are going out to both of you. I sure hope that Fran has stabalized this morning and that her nurse is getting a little rest. God bless you both.

Take care everyone.
Phyll
Old September 25th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Admiral

It is already ninety degrees in Virginia Beach. Before the heat hit, I hit a few garage sales and picked up some nice watercolor paintings dirt cheap. My day was made! I am an art collector. Tonight we are going out with friends to Ruby Tuesday. In one of the magazines that I subscribe to there was a buy one, get one free coupon; not the usual $10 off that I usually see. Todd our thoughts and prayers go out to Fran; may she have a speedy recovery. Have a great day all!
Old September 25th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Admiral

Here it is evening and I'm finally getting around to posting.

Thank you all for your wonderful and supportive comments.

Thankfully, no traumatic events today, a least not so far. Fran has been relatively stable fever wise. I have been doing the Tylenol/Motrin routine (swapping every four hours) and it seems to be really helping. Her fever today has been slight when indeed she has even had one. We will not try pushing our luck by halting the OTC drugs until we're positive everything may be back to normal. Of course we still need to find out what is causing these in the first place. It seems, the only thing that may be left is her port. We'll find out more Monday when she sees her oncologist.

Fran is experiencing more malaise by the week. We are hoping it's related to this fever thing. He oncology blood markers are actually pretty good for a Leukemia/Non Hodgkins Lymphoma patient so we are of course hoping it's just a result of the fever. We get her CT scan results Monday as well but her Oncologist has all but told us (relative to the current situation) that everything is okay.

Again, thank you all for your wonderful words of love, support and kindness as it means so much more than you may realize. If I'm not as frequent for awhile with my postings, you know why.

Prayers for those on the list and a request for Blessings upon all continue as usual.

Todd
Old September 25th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Admiral

Todd, Rob and I are praying that the results of Fran's CT, come out in her favor on Monday. Waiting is a hard thing to do. Just know that all of your friends on Cruisemates wish you and Fran the very best!