Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Default Shining Sunday

Morning Mates, from a sun-shiney, but considerably cooler Pictou County.
It's only about 12C or 53F, but at least the rain has stopped.
I'm beginning to see some colour across the fields and down the road, the leaves are finally turning...a bit late I thought. Should be beautiful in another week or so....

Well, yesterday I spent hours again in the garage, and have everything organized into boxes for the garage sale. Now, I have to tackle the little room at the back of the garage which is piled high with Rubbermaid bins, along with some unused furniture, and decide what I'm going to do with all of it.
I'm thinking I'm going to need some help with that job!

Last night we went to Trivia and I have a Trivia question for you...
What U.S. state is known to have as many cows as people?
We got the answer wrong, let's see if you get it right!
(I'll post the correct answer tomorrow)

Todd and Fran, wishing you both a peaceful, relaxing, stress and fever-free Sunday.....

donna
Old September 26th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday trivia

Good morning from warm but cloudy New York . I have a guess to the trivia question .I think either Kansas or Iowa but I shall guess Iowa .

I hope everyone has a wonderful day
Old September 26th, 2010, 10:56 AM
First Mate

Default Trivia

I.m sure it is Iowa.It was the info in Google.
Have a nice day.
MTL
Old September 26th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It is a beautiful morning here in the land of 10,000 Colors. The trees have started their annual show. The colors are now turning and getting brighter by the day. They will continue to change until they hit their color crescendo and then fade and fall to earth. Sort of like me.

Today is a lawn mowing day and a Costco run. I also need to download some new music for my granddaughter's Ipod. I like that she asked me to pick the songs. It's a nice way to "influence" her. At least it keeps her from listening to Rap.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and enjoys what Fall brings.

BTW: I would say that Texas is the state with as many cows as people.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 26th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a cooler Texas at around 75 but with a humidity of 87. Just a few more days and I can open the windows.

Donna, We also need to clean the garage. This is the week that our heavy trash is picked up, so I want to make sure it is on the street at the right time.

Mike, I would be shocked if the answer was Texas. We have much more goats than cows. My answer would be Wisconsin. All that cheese has to come from somewhere.

My prayers continue for Todd and Fran.

The rest of you, have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 26th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning R/D, Henry and all of our other beloved CruiseMates out there.

It's raining lightly here in upper East Tennessee, which, while I'd prefer of curse sunshine, is nevertheless providing a much needed drink to the flora out there. I also finally truly believe the opressive heat that we have suffered this season is over for the year.

Following our heat pump repair early last week (which was a capacitor which I have subsequently learned has been extremely common this past summer just because of the extreme heat), I thought we would notice no difference and maybe there's not, but to me it seems cooler so that's good.

Fran's condition has not changed and we anxiously await her appointment tomorrow with her oncologist. Her fever will just not go away. We purposely avoided taking her temp during the night unless she awakened, we both hoping she'd turned that corner since she was fever free most of yesterday. We hadn't. Turns out we were both awake at 2:30 am and I took her temp and it was 102.8 F. Gave her a Motrin and she slept for the next 7 1/2 hours. She awakened with a temp of 101.1 so we're back to the "three hours Tylenol - three hours Motrin" regimen.

Hope everyone is having a bang up good time weekend! Also, I might get to watch my race this afternoon. Maybe I just might get lucky. Now, it's off for a quick trip to the store.

Prayers and Blessings continue, of course!

Todd
Old September 26th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Admiral

I just finished my post after it sitting for a few hours so I missed MTL, Mike and Luanne. Good morning to the three of you as well!

BTW, I would say Nebraska's cattle population outnumbers their human population. Then again, it actually could hold true for a number of midwestern-states.

Todd
Old September 26th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Default Shining Sunday

Well, Donna, the sun is more than shining here in SoCal; it's relentless!
Yesterday, it was 102, but I saw temps up to 106 on the way home from Orange County. I didn't want to leave Newport Beach, beause it was 85. The dogs at the mall were so funny, all stretched out in the shade on the cool tiles.

I think I will spend my day reading the paper, doing the crossword and reading a book. All good things to do when it's hot outside.

Judy
Old September 26th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from a cool, misty, 75 degrees, in Virginia Beach. Todd, I know about heat pumps, last Friday, Rob and I had to replace our upstairs heat pump as it had "bit the dust". A fifteen year old heat pump is just not worth fixing, especially if it is rusty! Besides, technology changes so much in fifteen years that now, we have a much more efficient heat pump. Just a lazy, Sunday afternoon with not much on the agenda except having to leave for work at 3:15. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you Todd and Fran; may Fran's temperature go back down.
Old September 26th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Afternoon all, I am working and was gone all morning. Interesting question RD. To be honest I thought it was Vermont but I was wrong. I Googled too and found it is Iowa...Who knew?
Oh goodness Todd, I am still sending prayers for you and Fran. I have you on my mind even if I don't check in. I have been thinking of all CM's lately and anxiously look forward to meeting so many in Dec. This is so cool that so many are flying to Florida to meet Liam and jackie. I hope many more will decide for an impromptu short holiday and come join us. Luanne, I remember you once said we were meant to meet someday. It will be here soon. I will finally get to meet the lady I spent a whole day on Pogo bowling and chit chatting with lol...remember that?
Gotta run clients wanting to go for ice cream. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain