Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning!

Morning Mates, from a dreary, windy and wet Pictou County.
Although it is mild at 15C or 59F, it is not a pleasant day out there, nor will it be for a few days according to the forecast.
I'm glad we took advantage of yesterday's good weather and took the kids out to play. They are so fortunate that their school is located on a beautiful green space surrounded by trees. We really enjoyed it out there yesterday.

Tonight is Trivia at the pub, along with what they call "BOGO" or Buy One Get One free night. They have a wonderful Fish 'n Chips special, 2 meals for $9.99, can't beat them prices!

Todd, I was saddened to read late last night, your afternoon post about Fran being admitted to hospital again. Please know I am thinking of you both, and wishing Fran a speedy recovery from whatever is giving her these fevers...

donna
Old September 28th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Clear skies and temps in the 50's. I love days like this.

Today is the "planning meeting" for our annual Mike-a-Wish, South Dakota, pheasant hunting trip. I won't be doing much hunting but I will go for comic relief. My nephew will pick me up this afternoon and we'll head over to a local sports bar to conduct the serious planning that needs to occur to make sure we limit out. In other words we'll have a few beers/pops and BS for a couple of hours.

Otherwise nothing else on the agenda except kicking off the 10 lbs. of retained fluid I have acquired over the last couple of days.

Todd: I hope Fran is doing better today.

I also hope everyone has a great Tuesday and an enjoyable rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 28th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Dreary and drizzly here, so Lucy will be my sunshine today The week will drag I can bet from this weather all week. I have added tomorrow to my being alone schedule, so, Wed~Sat, I will fend for myself in the shop! If you don't see me around much, I am in retail therapy

So, that's all I have Todd, I am thinking of you and Fran...

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 28th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Sunny and cool here right now and should make it to the upper 60's.
A great game last night between the Bears & Packers, Bears win!!!!! Off to the dentist at 11:00 for a filling, just replacing and old one. I love the way they find something to do in my mouth!
Todd.... My best wishes go out to Fran for a speedy recovery.
RD... enjoy trivia night, It sounds like so much fun!

Have a great day everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 28th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Captain

Cool & damp morning here. Just hoping that the rain stays away this evening as it is going to be a fun filled evening for me. My daughter, 2 sisters and 2 nieces are going to Georgetown, Ohio for a Neal McCoy concert. He is my favorite country singer so I will be one happy girl when he hits the stage.
Todd- I too was so sorry to hear about Fran's set back. Praying that it all turns around quickly. Let us know if we can do anything to help.
RD- Great price on the meal! Have a good time.
Trip- don't work to hard but sell lots of your jewelry.

Everyone have a great day and prayers to continue for all our mates in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
The house is quiet as both kids have their noses firmly planted on the grindstone. We had to get started early since this afternoon we are taking my Sister to the hospital for some minor elective outpatient surgery. She is hysterically funny when she comes out of these surgeries, so of course we're gonna go with her for sheer entertainment value alone... of course I'd help her out even if she wasn't so entertaining, but it is a definite bonus. She is such a happy patient.

I hate it that Fran is back in the hospital, though I know it is the best place for her right now. Hopefully they will get the results back on the cultures and tests they have run and find out why she's running these darned fevers.

I am so sick of Doctors and Hospitals and cancer. Been trying to help my neighbor who is going through chemo for breast cancer. She has been a zombie this week. This last treatment has been really tough on her. Her husband has a lot of health problems this week and of course he is not well at all, so it was a rough several days for them.

Everything else is going pretty good. Hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............it's been hot & humid here the last couple of days.......very unusual for us........yuck........

Todd............sorry to hear about Fran.......you're both in our thoughts & prayers........

Mike.....sounds like fun..........don't drink too much........

Trip........sell lots.........

Y'all have a great day............

Sharon
Old September 28th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. We are still in the throes of extreme heat. Lots of records were broken yesterday. And of course, there was a fire that needed to be put out.

Todd, I hope Fran is doing much better today.

Nothing much on the agenda except staying in the a/c. That started cranking yesterday at 9:30 a.m. Gonna be quite a bill this month!

Judy
Old September 28th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from a drizzly, seventy-six degrees, in Virginia Beach. After I went to the gym I met a girlfriend for lunch. (coupons are wonderful!). I have finally gotten around to checking my email. Thoughts go out to Todd and Fran, may Fran come home from the hospital real soon!
Old September 28th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from warm but rainy NY .Continued prayers to Fran and Todd .