Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning

Morning Mates, from a lazy, hazy, Indian Summer day in Pictou County.
It continues warm and humid here, with some cloud and fog. Today's high should be a comfortable 22C or 71F.

Perfect weather for the Terry Fox Run taking place at the school where I work. I've asked if I could participate (and donate!) as I missed the county Run last weekend when I was busy in the garage.
In years past, I participated in the run (walk, bike or rollerskate) every year, usually with a kid on the back of my bike. I started the year after my dad died of cancer, and continued in his honour until somehow it was easier to write a cheque than actually run....
This year, it is a leisurely walk around a very pretty neighbourhood with a couple hundred kids, including those from my after-school gang, so should be a lot of fun. I am wearing my "On Deck for the Cure" Carnival T-shirt!

All of which leads me to think of Fran today and wonder how she's doing.
Todd, I hope both of you are hanging in there and fighting the good fight.
I'll be walking today in Fran's honour....

donna
Old September 30th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Not much on the agenda for today. I hope everyone has a great Thursday and that all who need good thoughts and blessings receive them.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 30th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone, Not much going on today. Maybe a little garden work and a quick touch up in the house.
Todd... Hope thing are going better with Fran.
Have a blessed day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 30th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Default Prayers to Fran

Good morning from rainy and windy but warm NY .

Continued prayers for Fran
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Guess what's new? Not much really, but that's OK!

My kiddos have been feverishly cleaning their rooms due to the fact that they are having a long awaited sleep over Saturday night and I have thrown down the gauntlet. CLEAN HOUSE OR NO SLEEPOVER! My son and I have been discussing the arrival of his "manly scent" and how excited he is to have entered into this new rite of passage. Me on the other hand...I'm not so excited lol. Part of cleaning up his room involved removal of all his toys from his bed. So once the actual bed was exposed, he announced to me... "hey Mom guess what? My sheets and blankets smell just like my new "manly scent" and a big smile beamed from his face. He's so proud! . Naturally, I have lots more laundry to do... Oh joy! I remember when my brothers both acquired the same aroma... there was a brown cloud that wafted out of their bedrooms every time someone dared to open the door. It was kind of a cross between B.O. and the smell of a wet dog.

I explained to d/s that to whom much is given, much is required. So now that he has recieved "the gift" of the "manly scent", he will need to bathe a bit more frequently, apply some deodorant and we'll be changing his sheets more frequently... So no more toys in the bed. He is not happy about that aspect, whatsoever. I have never seen a kid so proud of the fact that he is now aware he smells.

So aside from that. Everything here is peachy keen. D/H has been in Pittsburgh since Sunday and he should be home late tonight. He is looking forward to a 3 day weekend since he'll be off Friday.

Not much on the agenda for today aside from cleaning and the usual stuff. Hope you all have a great weekend. Sending more prayers and positive thoughts Todd and Fran's way. I hope they get some answers soon!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 30th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a rainy, seventy-eight degrees, in Virginia Beach. Since the gym was closed for Simchat Torah, I slept late this morning. Downpours are supposed to continue in the Tidewater area all day. Rollerdonna, good luck in the Terry Fox run. Terry Fox was a true hero and many people have benefited from his run across Canada to raise funds and awareness for cancer. Our thoughts and prayers continue for Todd and Fran. May all my fellow cruisemates have a wonderful day!
Old September 30th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning

And a good sunny morning to all.

Donna, good luck and lots of fun on your walk.

I am especially thinking of Todd and Fran this morning. I hope that they will get some good news.

Have a good day!

Judy