Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2010, 07:10 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Sunshine

Morning Mates, I am back after 2 days away from home!
We decided to go to Halifax after all on Friday, and were glad we did as it turned out to be a beautiful, if windy, day.
What an adventure! We visited a hobby shop for puzzles, ran into a strange red creature wandering the streets (promoting a comedy show), ran smack into the middle of a native Mi'q Maq parade (Treaty Day), and had a lovely lunch on the outdoor patio on the waterfront.

Unfortunately, the only ships we saw were naval ships, tall ships, and of course Theodore Tugboat. No cruise ships in that day.

On Saturday I had another adventure, this time taking the ferry over to PEI with 5 ladies from the pool. We went to see the musical Hairspray in Charlottetown, visited some government/historical buildings, and had a wonderful lunch AND dinner out. I have yet to load those photos, but will put them in the Personal Gallery when I get a chance.

Today I am off again, this time to volunteer at a book sale for an organization which helps raise funds for our after-school program.
Busy busy weekend, but better than being bored!

donna
Old October 3rd, 2010, 07:30 AM
Admiral

good morning from still dark New Orleans..RD how could you keep a straight face when you took the picture of the person in red

after Church, breakfast, food shopping and watching the Saints beat up on the Panthers, I think I will start to get packed for my upcoming Smooth Jazz Cruise on the Carnival Liberty on October 23rd...my trusted carry on suitcase of over 25 years finally broke (Samsonite) so I actually had to purchase a new piece of luggage yesterday 21 inch Delsey Helium Fusion, which was on 50% sale at Dillards

have a great day everyone and I am so pleased that Fran is on the mend
Old October 3rd, 2010, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Nice pictures RD, too bad no cruise ships!
Chilly here today and cloudy. We have the "Houby Day Parade" here today in Berwyn/ Cicero Il. Named "Houby" after the Czechoslovakian word for "mushroom", the Houby festivities began in 1968 in celebrations of the heritage of the many Cicero residents of Czech decent. The festival continues as one of the town's most esteemed annual events to this day, and has gone on to encompass numerous ethnicities and backgrounds in a stunning display of culture and unity for the entire community, and visitors, to share. We have been going for at least 30+ years. It's changed over the years but still fun to see and a good reason to get together with the family. I better bundle up!
Hope all is well with everyone and have a great day!!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old October 3rd, 2010, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a beautiful Texas, where the temps are getting so much better.

Not much going on today. Jim's best friend got a new toy, so they are out on the lake trying it out.

Josh finally found a job. It is not what he wanted, but is still employment, so he is happy.

Hope Fran is continuing to improve.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 3rd, 2010, 09:47 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone from frosty central Minnesota.

It looks like everyone is making the most out of the weekend. Yesterday, I started the day with breakfast with my brother and nephew and then my brother and I went to the Twins game. It was a fun time and the Twins pulled out a walk-off victory in the ninth inning. In the evening it was a fun time with the grandkids. It was a good day.

We just got the kids ready for their mom and dad to pick them up. After they leave there isn't too much on the agenda. I will need to grill some steaks that Betty took out on Friday. So a good dinner is in the offing.

I hope all have a fun Sunday and that everyone is feeling up to snuff.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning to my beloved Cruisemates and all the ships at sea!

I have to be honest with all of you and tell you that I was sick of always having to post bad news after good, etc. That is why I didn't make a post yesterday and possibly the day before.

But while it is currently cool and overcast here in upper East Tennessee, the sun is once again shining brightly on our household this day so regardless of whatever tomorrow brings, we shall enjoy this day.

Now for what I didn't post. Fran went downhill big time after coming home from the hospital. She had absolutely no appetite and for two days didn't eat the equivalent of one sandwich over the entire period. She couldn't even look at coffee without getting nauseous and she is a four to five cup a day person. She also was continuing to suffer severe blood pressure drops wherein I would have to literally catch her to keep her from falling, etc. Additionally her fevers were continuing. If she weren't better by this morning, I had decided to start making phone calls.

Well, when she awoke today I knew just by looking at her that she was better. She now at least appears to be well on the way to mending as her first request was for coffee! So, I went back and replayed Beenie Weenies posted link! We both are still of course very apprehensive only because it's seemed to be one step forward then two steps back. But today at least, she feels better than anytime since she began to suffer her current illness.

Well, I gotta' get back to my chores. I figure I'll give her another day before I force her back into the salt mines so that I can lie abed, read and eat grapes.

Wishing a spectacular Sunday for all. As for yours truly, I am going to especially enjoy watching the good 'ol boys of stock cars running that oval in Kansas!

Todd
Old October 3rd, 2010, 12:54 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday Sunshine

Good morning from sunny SoCal. Storms were predicted but none materialized in our area, and temps stayed in the 80's.

Donna, I enjoyed your pictures.
Todd, I am so sorry all this has continued. I hope that now Fran will continue to improve.

No big plans for today . . . just the usual Sunday paper, crossword, and lunch out somewhere later.

Judy
Old October 3rd, 2010, 03:45 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday

Good afternoon from cloudy and cold NY . MY BDW and I just returned from lunch in NYC and shopping .

We hope that Fran is feeling beter
Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:44 PM
Admiral

Twas another rainy day after a beautiful Saturday, in Virginia Beach. Rob and I just stayed indoors with the exception of me going out to buy the Sunday paper and then, in the late afternoon, go to work. Thoughts and prayers go out to Fran and Todd. Rollerdonna, glad you had a good time in Halifax and Charlottetown. (Rob and I have been to both those cities and enjoyed seeing them). Make it a great week, fellow cruisemates!