Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Default Monday Already!

Morning Mates, welcome to another week.
The sun is making a glorious appearance over the fields, and it looks to be a nice fall day, with more seasonable temperatures of 13C, or 55F.

My busy day yesterday turned out to be a bust. I left early to go do that volunteer thing for a book sale, and when I got there, the building was locked and no-one was in sight. Still don't know what happened....
So I decided to do some errands at the shops instead, only to discover that the stores don't open here till noon on Sunday.
Only the grocery store was open, so I bought this month's supply of snacks for the after school program, went home and took a nap!

The reason I was so tired was the long day on Saturday, traveling to PEI to see Hairspray, and visiting the Provincial historic building. Here are a few photos, the rest can be found in the Personal Gallery....

The seas were choppy crossing over on the ferry, and the day was dreary and wet, but it certainly didn't stop[ us from having a great time!

Continued thoughts and prayers go out today to Todd and Fran, and now to Judy's brother-in-law Wendell. Good wishes to all!

donna
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Captain

A very cool start to the day with temp only around 42. Highs for the next 3 days are to be in the mid 50's then warm up thru Sunday. Fall is here.
It was a busy weekend for me. Friday evening was a trip north for a square dance getting us back home around 1AM. Sat. was spent doing some domestic work(where was Todd when I needed him!). Sat. evening was the best. My high school graduating class had an impromtu get together with 23 classmates attending. We had so much fun reminising about our old days and catching up on what everyone has been doing. We decided to try and do this again next year. The funniest was when one of the classmates from Calif. came in. He was wearing shorts and a Hawaian print shirt. We all joked about him thinking he was in warm country when it was pretty cool. Thing is these were all the clothes he had...the airlines had lost his luggage! Since he had just gotten into town he didn't have time to go shopping.
Sunday was a lazy day for me. Watched the NASCAR race but flipped over to the Ryder Cup during commercials. It's hard to watch 2 sporting events and one time! At around 6pm we went over to my baby sisters house for cake and ice cream to celebrate her 50th birthday. Several gag gifts were presented to her giving us many good laughs.
Hope today is another good one for Fran & Todd. Our prayers are going out for them and also Judy's brother-in-law. Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 4th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well the cold weather has arrived. Unfortunately it frosted here last night and the heat has been running almost nonstop this morning. I am so sad to see summer wave goodbye.

Yesterday... how do I describe yesterday? Well went to church. Sunday School was fine. Went down to rehearse with the choir about 20 minutes before service started. Was singing a solo part and it was communion Sunday, so I knew this service would run a little longer than usual. No problem. The kids were happy because they had their best buddies with them. So they went down for Jr. Worship. Everything was perfect... I thought.

About halfway through the service I look up and see my 10 year old son staring at me through the little window in the sanctuary door, I could see him standing out there crying. I am sitting up with the choir complete with robe and there was no way I could get up without majorly disrupting the church service. So for 5 minutes (seemed like an eternity) I motioned for him to come in and sit down with his Dad. D/h couldn't see any of what was going on from where he was sitting, so finally the boy comes in and sits with his Dad. I sat there and wondered what was so horrible that drove him away from something he enjoys so much and his best buddy.

After church I asked him what was going on and he said that a kid dropped something on the floor, so he went under the table to pick it up for him. While he was under the table, another kid wrapped his feet around d/s's neck and was choking him. He couldn't breathe and couldn't yell for help. Luckily his best buddy Michael was there and saw what happened. So Michael grabbed d/s by the shirt and pulled him out from under the table. The d/s started to cry, the teacher was with other kids helping them with their projects, so she did not see the whole thing transpire. All she knew is one minute everything was fine, the next this kid is crying so she sent him upstairs. Anyhow I was fit to be tied, so found out who the kid was and flagged him and his Father down. I honestly can't recall what I said exactly but I basically voiced my displeasure over his behavior. The weird part is that if I had been in my car with my child and another parent came out to reprimand my child over their behavior, I would have stopped everything, and once that parent was finished reading them the riot act, I would have picked up where they left off and made sure the kid understood their behavior was unacceptable. Well the Father could not escape fast enough. No inquiries what had happened... nothing. He sped out of the parking lot very quickly. I am sorry to say that the Father is a 2nd Grade public school teacher here at our local school. What can I say? I guess I am just glad that my kids are home schooled. I really am just sitting back thinking about it all, wondering how something so nice and wonderful could go so wrong, so quickly?

Aside from that it was a nice blustery fall day. D/H left for a work week in Michigan and I got kind of restless toward the evening, so I took the kids to Lafayette. We caught a 6:00 service at a church there and followed up with a nice dinner at the Olive Garden. We got home around 9 and the kids were in bed by 10. So now I am trying to roust one little girl still. Oh how she loves to sleep.

Well I hope you all have a great Monday! Prayers going out for Todd, Fran and Judy's BIL. Make it a good one folks!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a cool Texas. It was a very nice day on Sunday. I was able to open all the windows, and let the breeze in. Jim finished painting the closet shelves, and adding extensions to them to make them wider.

Today I am working on the house, and making future plans for the house. I still say we can get rid of more stuff, to have room for new stuff.:-D

Funny thing is Jim enlarged the office closet, and put the junk that was still left in the garage back in the closet. I guess he could see my jaw drop to the floor, so he said "You made us get rid of so much, we need this stuff." To give you an example. He has a box of wires. It includes land line wires. Only problem is we don't have a land line anymore.

I swear I want to throw my hands up sometimes. I love him, but not his junk.

Good thoughts to all of you today.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning all
Cool here this morning I believe a high of 60F for today with sunshine. A great day yesterday at the Houby parade a little cool but that ok. Rd I'm with you, I know so many people who change plans if the weather's not right, I for the most part forge ahead with my plans despite the weather in most cases.
BW… That’s terrible what happened. I see parents that ignore their children’s bad behavior and it makes me nuts! Its no wonder kids grow up to be bullies and have little to no respect for others. I have often felt I raised my son to be to kind and that’s sad when you have to feel that way. However I do know I’ve raised him the right way. Not much on the agenda for me, hope everyone has a great day.
Todd….continued prayer for Fran.

ALLURE, 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Sweet Escape Charter 2015
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Default Manic Monday

Good Morning from chilly and rainy NY .Prayers to Fran ,Todd and all others in need
Old October 4th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Admiral

Default Monday, Already!

A late good mornoing from SoCal. Dreary and wet out there. A guy from the gas company knocked on the door and told me not to use any hot water or gas for thirty minutes, because we're getting a new gas meter installed. Isn't that exciting?:-D

Haven't heard anything from Phoenix this morning, so we don't know if Wendell had surgery or not. Last night, they were giving him a clotting agent and were experiencing difficulty in getting it to work.

Ironing is on my agenda; the gym is on Keith's.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old October 4th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all. Oh how I do love those pictures, R/D! Some day I do so want to get up to your neck of the woods.

Fran, if not measurably better than yesterday, is still holding her own in most other aspects. While almost no fever, she nevertheless is extremely lethargic and sleeps an awful lot. We'll find out more within the next few days.

I for one am so glad that it's finally cooled off. The past couple of days it's been in the fifties to low sixties F during the day and in the mid to high forties F at night here in upper East Tennessee.

B/W, that breaks my heart about your son standing at the window of the Church crying. He's a tough youngster so that situation must have been extremely frightening for him. Sounds to me as if the father of the other boy was so embarrassed he had to get out of there in a hurry. Doesn't speak very well for his qualities as a teacher if he can't handle such an incident involving children any better than that.

Luanne, Jim definitely has one kindred spirit when it comes to "saving" things.

Hope everyone has a marvelous evening!

Todd
Old October 5th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Admiral

Another rainy day for Virginia Beach. Business is way down where I work. Because they ran out of numbers I had to clock out, along with my fellow workers, for an-hour-and-a-half! Unfortunately, "time is money". Besides going to the gym, I did meet a friend for lunch. Rollerdonna, I loved the pictures of the rain, in "your neck of the woods". Todd, glad to hear that Fran's temperature dropped. Hope all of my fellow cruisemates had a wonderful Monday!