Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Admiral

Default For fans of JAZZ

In 1929 ,my father attended a performance by Edith Wilson at Webster Hall in NY . I have the program from that show .

Also on the bill was Jazzlip Richardson
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Admiral

Wow....she had a revival of her career in the 1970's with Hubie Blake..there is a touring Jazz Exhibit that I saw in Paris last year in the spring that featured her...I'll let you know when it comes to New York..you might consider donating that program to the Smithsonian
Old October 5th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Admiral

meant to ask , have you completed your rehab from your operation..remember the Zuiderdam has a great hydro therapy pool
Old October 5th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Default Venice

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
meant to ask , have you completed your rehab from your operation..remember the Zuiderdam has a great hydro therapy pool

I finished PT on August 6 .The therapist suggested that I continue with a personal trainer at a facility that is owned by the PT center . I met with the guy but was not too thrilled with him .Subsequent to that I researched and found a personal trainer who solely works with people who have medical problems . The cost was nearly double of the other place but this person seems to be better qualified .I was planning to sign up but 3 weeks ago I fell and injured my right knee ,elbow and hand and my left hand and I am waiting to heal from that .

I plan to exercise and use the hydro therapy pool on the Zuiderdam
Old October 5th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Default Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
Wow....she had a revival of her career in the 1970's with Hubie Blake..there is a touring Jazz Exhibit that I saw in Paris last year in the spring that featured her...I'll let you know when it comes to New York..you might consider donating that program to the Smithsonian
Please let me know when the exhibit will be in NY ,thank you . As far as donating the program ,that is a possibility .I did not think of that .
Old October 5th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Admiral

Speaking of programs, I've a complete photo program that belonged to my late Aunt from the Cotton Club during its "hey day" circa 1936. It's included in a photo album of devoted to a trip to Europe she took with her parents. I'll tell you this, it's a, "Wow!" I never knew that nightclub entertainment was so "revealing" back in those days!

Todd
Old October 5th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Admiral

I also have a Cab Calloway program from that era somewhere in my house ,I'm not sure where .The program that I posted about in the initial post is in a plastic binder in a closet and I looked at it this morning .