Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Admiral

Default And it's Tuesday!

Morning Mates, it's a sunny/cloudy/chilly Tuesday here in Pictou County.
Current temp of 11, maybe reaching 14, or 57F. Fall is definitely here.

Thought I would post a photo of my "seasonal tree". This is a bare branch tree, painted white that I bought one year to decorate for Christmas.
After Christmas I decided to keep it and decorate it for every season and/or holiday throughout the year. At the moment, it is a "fall tree".

Back to Tuesday....busy day, Aquafitness, haircut, shopping, work, and finally out to dinner and Trivia a the pub tonight. I will bring back a good question to stump you tomorrow!

donna

Old October 5th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Donna I am sorry to say it is nippy here too. Right now it is 34F, but if we're lucky it may reach 69F later today.

Oh I stayed up late last night. I cannot tell you why, but just that I did. I think I finally fell asleep around 1 or 2 a.m. so I really could use a little more sleep today but no cigar.

Oh well I can enjoy a nice leisurely cup of coffee this morning, have little extra time to figure out what schoolwork I want to send with the kids to the sitter this morning. Then about 9:30 or 10 I need to leave for my appointment with the foot doctor. I am very excited to see what the doc has to say about this foot and what he thinks about getting the right one done.

I really appreciate the kind words yesterday regarding d/s's traumatic experience at church. I got a phone call from the teacher, who totally understood our point of view and was very receptive to what we had to say. So I am confident that this will be nipped in the bud quickly.

Well I need to hop in the tub and get started. I think the coffee is finished brewing. Yay!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 5th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning Rollerdonna, Beenie-Weenie and all who follow.

You are certainly talented R/D. Your tree is a fascinating fall decoration and an excellent idea to redecorate the tree for every season.

It's cool and overcast here in upper East Tennessee this day. I'm certainly not complaining. We are forecast to have a high in the mid sixties Fahrenheit and a low tonight in the forties. After that it's a sunny forecast for the next five or six days with highs in the mid seventies. Now those are apples I can live with!

Has anyone yet to hear from Hannibal? Does anyone know how to contact him aside from Cruisemates? I'm becoming concerned because we haven't heard from him since his surgery and that was weeks ago.

About the best way to describe Fran this morning is that she is as I write this, having a cup of coffee. She appears physically to be quite tired although she slept well last night. I know that for a fact 'cause I too have the Beenie Weenie syndrome and was up between 1 and 4 last night.

Have to get crackin' as our cat Felix the Terrible is snapping his black snake whip at me 'cause he's hungry. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Todd
Old October 5th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday

Good morning all from rainy NY .I just got back from another followup visit after my skin cancer surgery .I was discharged today although the wound had to be treated .

Hope that Beenie gets a good report from her doctor and that Fran will feel better continuously
Old October 5th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Admiral

Default And It's Tuesday

Good morning from Southern California. We had a cold, wet day on Monday. Although more is predicted for today, the sun is out, but it is chilly.

Donna, I liked your tree decoration. What are the lines Shakespeare used about "bare boughs," or something? Will you tree be bare for winter?

BW, I hope your boy forgets all about his altercation on Sunday.

Todd, please give your regards and best wishes for recovery to Fran.

I made a separate update thread for what happened with Wendell yesterday. I hope people pray for him. CruiseMates' prayers are always so effective.

Judy
Old October 5th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny gorgeous WI. I am loving fall, but it's also making me ready to head south for the winter. Looks like we will be leaving here around the 5th of November.

Beenie, I read about your son, and my heart aches for him. Fortunately he has parents who seem to have all the right stuff to guide him through this and deal with the situation. Hopefully it will become a life lesson that will leave him stonger.

Judy, sorry to hear about Wendall. Although I don't remember all the details, I know he has been through a lot, and I hope God heals him and brings him comfort as he once again is in the midst of trials.

Henry, hope you continue to heal and have a complete recovery.

Todd, I'm glad to hear that Fran was up having coffee with you today. Give her a gentle hug from me today.

RD, your tree is a fun idea. :-) I'm looking forward to your trivia question tomorrow.

Take care everyone.
Phyll