Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Hump Day!

Morning Mates, there is a completely incongruous picture outside my window this morning. I have these tall flowers in full bloom with bright sunny yellow daisy-type blooms, and the lawn and fields behind them are covered in frost!
Must've been a chilly night, but the sun is shining brightly this morning and the temperature is already 13C or 55F. Looks like a beautiful day!

I guess it is a beautiful day for Trip today also, with that miracle that happened last night for her daughter in the car accident.
Trip, I'm hoping Nikki is still all right and everything checked out OK at the hospital.
More miracles are needed, for Todd and Fran, and for Judy & Keith's Wendell.
Keep those good thoughts and prayers coming.....

We had a good turn out at the pub last night for Trivia. Of course, being that is was Alexander Keith's birthday (founder of the brewery in the 1800's), everyone was there to celebrate with beer. I had a Coke!
Anyway, here's your Trivia question for the week:
What was the very 1st CD ever sold?........answer tomorrow.....

donna
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Captain

It is also a beautiful morning here with the sun coming up over the hills. Temps cool this morning but after today it is predicted to be in the 70's for the next several days.
RD= sorry for the frost just hope it didn't kill off your pretty flowers yet.
Trip= Hoping that Niki is doing well today after her accident. Thank God she is ok and no one else was hurt. That would make it even worse for her.
Todd= Praying that today is a good day for you and Fran.

Today I will be spending time in the office. Have several things on the back burner that need to be moved up and taken care of. Thank goodness my phone has started ringing and my business has seen some action. It has been so slow with this horid economy around here.

Everyone have a great day and take a minute to stop and smell the roses (if the frost hasn't gotten them)!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Default Wonderful Wednesday

Its sunny and cool .I am meeting some friends for lunch .

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and those who are ailing feel much better
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
It's cold,raw,and rainy, but for us the sun is shining brightly! When Nikki came back from the hospital, we saw the results of the accident, which was due to hydroplaning n the wet road. She is burned,on her arms, and, face from the bags exploding, she must have bitten her tongue, lips and inside her mouth, so that's swollen...the xrays showed no damage to her neck or back..She seemed still in shock, and greatful. To think that at that time of day, she, was not hit, or didn't hit another car, is monumental. Good samaritans helped on the scent till the ambulance came. Even at the hospital er, she said a total stranger, an 85 yr old woman, was holding her hand. The car was totaled, but my daughter wasn't...we really did have a miracle.

Thank you all, for your good thoughts for us...xoxoxo

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 6th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Truly wonderful news re your daughter ,Trip
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Trip... I'm happy to hear that for the most part Nikki's fine, I'm sure she still in shock and it hasn't fully hit her yet as to what really happened and how bad it was. Seeing the car will be very emotional for all of you. Her guarding angle was on the job yesterday.

Its sunny and warmer here this morning making it up to the low 70s. Need to put out some Halloween decorations today or at least tomorrow. A quick run to Target and not much else.
Todd I hope Fran is feeling better.
Have a blessed day everyone!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old October 6th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a very nice Texas. The temps will rise, but not unbareable.

Not much going on today. I am still working on the house, and the junk. I never realized how much there was to go through. So many memories.

I have a question for all of you. I have first report cards, paintings, etc from when Josh was small. I thought about putting them in a folder to give to him one day. Question: Have any of you ever had your adult children ask you for such stuff? I asked him about it, and he said throw it away, but he is still young. Do you think I should save it for him, and maybe possible G-kids one day? Joe's stuff will go into the box I have with his remaining stuff. It will be clearly marked, and if after I am gone, Jim and Josh don't want it, then it can be thrown away.

Good thoughts continue for all my Cruisemate friends. My prayers get longer and longer these days, so if everyone will, please stay well for a little while, so I can get some sleep.

Have a good day.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 6th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Admiral

Good morning all. It's another beautiful fall day here.

Trip, I am so glad to hear that Nikki is doing ok. It's heartening to hear of those who stepped in to help her right after the accident, and I'm so glad to read that everything checked out ok at the hospital.

LuAnne, I would say that it might be a good idea to just set those things aside for Josh. I sure have found as I get older, that things like that have a lot more meaning. I'm not sure how guys feel, but that's just my experience. Even our older son seems to get a kick out of looking at that stuff now.

Take care everyone.
Phyll
Old October 6th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Hump Day

Good morning from an overcast (and possibily rainy) Southern California. It was cold enough for Keith to turn on the furnace last night.

It looks like Wendell is on the mend. He was moved from the ICU to a regular hospital room. He night be able to go home in a couple of days.
Thank you for you good thoughts and prayers.

Judy
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Just finished draining the checking account. Or as it's otherwise known: Paying bills.

It's a picture perfect day here with the temperature around 60 and bright, blue and cloudless skies. I have some Fall lawn clean up to do today. Pull up some plants and winterize the boat. I also have to get to the bank and further deplete the accounts but that's it.

Trip: I am so glad to hear that Nikki wasn't seriously hurt. Hydroplaning is not good and is so unexpected. The air bag probably helped in saving her but is responsible for her face. My daughter looked like she'd gone eight rounds with Mike Tyson after her accident a number of years ago.

Luanne: Keep the stuff. I know that my kids wanted their memorabilia and my grandkids have a real kick out of seeing pictures and stuff of grandpa when he was their age. They still have a hard time believing grandpa could have been a little kid or had hair.

I hope all who aren't feeling well get better and I hope everyone enjoys this nice Fall day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 6th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from a cool, sixty-four degrees, in Virginia Beach. Trip, it was great news to hear that your daughter, Nikki, is alright. As per my usual routine, I went to the gym and then came home and made lunch. Right now, I am looking at the wonderful picture of my grandson, Jeremy and grandaughter, Lauren; they were in a wedding in California on Sunday. There is Lauren, a smiling flowergirl, and Jeremy, wearing a tuxedo, as a ringbearer! Hope all my fellow cruisemates enjoy their day.
Old October 6th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Admiral

Luann, I say keep it! I would love to have things like that from school. We had a house fire when I was 14 and we lost almost everything. We were lucky enough to have had a few thing saved like my class graduation picture and my baby book. I agree with Phyll , thing do have more meaning the older we get.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old October 6th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon CruiseMates,
Been a busy morning. I decided to go out and burn a pile of brush. Meanwhile I had the kids bring some schoolwork outside and they worked while I watched the fire. Today was perfect the wind was blowing from the west to the east so it wouldn't be blowing right into everyone's house and passed right over the neighboring fields. But I've learned something. If I ever want to see my neighbors, all I have to do is start a big fire and they'll all come down to see if my house is on fire. So lots of folks coming down to see what I'm up to today.

Tonight we have choir practice. I am looking forward to it. I should probably go get cleaned up so I don't stink the whole place up with the smell of smoke lol.

It looks like d/h is going to run up to Canada to see his folks Friday night after he finishes working in Grand Rapids. I overnighted his passport to him yesterday, so hopefully he'll get it today.

It is calm and quiet at the moment...let's hope it stays that way lol

Have a good one all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 6th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Admiral

Default childhood items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Good morning everyone from a very nice Texas. The temps will rise, but not unbareable.

Not much going on today. I am still working on the house, and the junk. I never realized how much there was to go through. So many memories.

I have a question for all of you. I have first report cards, paintings, etc from when Josh was small. I thought about putting them in a folder to give to him one day. Question: Have any of you ever had your adult children ask you for such stuff? I asked him about it, and he said throw it away, but he is still young. Do you think I should save it for him, and maybe possible G-kids one day? Joe's stuff will go into the box I have with his remaining stuff. It will be clearly marked, and if after I am gone, Jim and Josh don't want it, then it can be thrown away.

Good thoughts continue for all my Cruisemate friends. My prayers get longer and longer these days, so if everyone will, please stay well for a little while, so I can get some sleep.

Have a good day.
We saved report cards ,music recital programs ,etc .My adult daughter just the other day asked for them
Old October 6th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Admiral

Luanne, I say save them for Josh, he might want them one day if he ever has kids of his own. I've saved all that stuff too...including 100s of photo albums!

donna
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Admiral

Default photo albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
Luanne, I say save them for Josh, he might want them one day if he ever has kids of his own. I've saved all that stuff too...including 100s of photo albums!

donna

I had lunch today with 2 "old" friends .I took out one of my 50 photo albums dating back to the 1920's and through the early 60's .Quite a lot of fun .