Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning

Can't say "Good" morning today, as it is wet and miserable out there today.
High winds and heavy rains all night look like they will continue through most of the day as well. Quite a difference from yesterday's sunshine!

Tonight we are going to see a show at our local entertainment centre.
It is a Tribute to John Denver, and when I saw it advertised, I'd hoped it was Jim Curry, the Denver look-a-like we saw on the Noordam earlier this year, but alas, it is not. There is a local theatre company who is putting on this show, live music etc. with a John Denver repertoire. If it's even HALF as good as the one we saw on the ship, I'm sure it will be good.

Your answer to yesterday's trivia question, "What was the 1st CD ever sold?"
is Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA.
How about another one? The Ford Mustang was named after what?
Answer tomorrow...

Trip, I hope Nikki is continuing to recover and is doing all right.
Judy, glad to heat Wendell is out of ICU.
Todd, how is Fran doing today?

donna
Old October 7th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good early morning everyone:

I awoke early this morning. I'm not feeling the greatest and when I looked at myself in the mirror I know why. I bloated up like a fish overnight. When I weighed myself I was 12 pounds more than I was yesterday morning. It is really weird how that can happen. Well it's diuretic time.

Today is lunch with our granddaughter at her school. It is fun to go and sit at the little benches and the granddaughter loves it. I wonder if I can trade a PBJ for something better. After that I will be going to Target Field and see the second playoff game. Hopefully they will be able to hang on an pull this one out!

Donna: The name of the Mustang is up for debate: The designer says that it was named after the P51 Mustang fighter plane. Lee Iaccoca said that the name came to him after watching a SMU Mustang's football game. No one but Iaccoca can back that one up "but" he was the executive in charge of the project and would have final say. However the overall consensus is that it is named after the P-51 Mustang.

I'm a big fan of Springsteen but I think the CD question would be a question for debate. I had to Google that one because while I like Springsteen, it didn't sound right. There are a huge variety of answers from Abba to Billy Joel to the Bee Gees and Springsteen. Where does your Trivia guy get his information?

Take care,
Mike (A Mustang and Iaccoca Fan)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 7th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone and let me say right off the bat how thankful we are that Trips' daughter Nikki's collision was not worse than what it turned out to be considering how it developed and that the young lady is now recovering from what have to be, very painful injuries.

I presume Mike that you'll be temporarily moving your easy chair to within three feet of the bathroom. That's almost what I had to do when at one time I was on three 80 mg tablets of furosemide a day I (which I continue to believe is far too much as that is definitely enough to dehydrate a pachyderm. Considering my corpulency which at that time was even more considerable than it is today though,......

It's going to be another beautiful day here in upper East Tennessee. Alas, I can only relate very depressing news about my beloved Fran. That is why I didn't post yesterday. She remains bedridden, has not eaten a complete meal since probably the middle of last week (yesterday only having a couple of spoonsfull of broth). She has an appointment this afternoon with her oncologist. Among other things, he is going to prescribe an appetite stimulant (that we both are praying will work). I so don't want to be a crepe hanger, but the outlook is not good at all. It turns out the terrible infection she incurred was over and beyond the problem for which she was admitted and Fran and I both were so afraid that was the case. So we are in fact, back to square one.

She may well be admitted to a hospital in Kingsport (where I used to be hospitalized for my heart attacks over the years). I hope that's not necessary for purely selfish reasons. I am just worn out mentally and emotionally and the trek back and forth everyday would cause me great problems logistically. She is proud that I've kept up the house as well as I have. I believe many husbands don't often realize that their wives frequently work far harder at home than their husbands do at work.

As always, I thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes just as I continue to remember all of my beloved cruisemates or their loved ones who are themselves fighting illness and injury.

Be assured I'll check in even if I don't have time to post. As stated above, prayers and Blessings for all of those on my considerable list continue.

Todd
Old October 7th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Good Morning friends, the sun is finally out today, yippee!!! its been raining for three days steady, so the sun is a welcome blessing. DH had shoulder surgery on Tuesday, he had a bone spur removed, he is doing ok, he is in pain, have a call into the doctor to see what we can do about the pain, my husband is a big man and i don't think the dosage is strong enough for him
Old October 7th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Todd:

Sorry to hear that Fran isn't doing well. Perhaps admission to the hospital would be the best thing for her. No matter what both of you are in my thoughts.

240 mg. Torsemide?????? Holy Moly that is a huge dose and one that couldn't have been good for your kidneys. I am on 40 mg./day and when I bloat up I take 5mg. of Metalazone and 60 mg. Torsemide and I empty out like pulling the plug on a kitchen sink.

Give Fran a big hug.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning

Good morning, everybody. It's a nice sunny one here, a contrast to the last couple of days.

Todd, we are all praying for Fran's recovery and we pray for your well being.
Mike, I hope you feel better as the day progresses.

Much more mundane things planned here, such as a trip to Cosco.

Looks like Wendell might be going home tomorrow.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Default First CD ever sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
Can't say "Good" morning today, as it is wet and miserable out there today.
High winds and heavy rains all night look like they will continue through most of the day as well. Quite a difference from yesterday's sunshine!

Tonight we are going to see a show at our local entertainment centre.
It is a Tribute to John Denver, and when I saw it advertised, I'd hoped it was Jim Curry, the Denver look-a-like we saw on the Noordam earlier this year, but alas, it is not. There is a local theatre company who is putting on this show, live music etc. with a John Denver repertoire. If it's even HALF as good as the one we saw on the ship, I'm sure it will be good.

Your answer to yesterday's trivia question, "What was the 1st CD ever sold?"
is Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA.
How about another one? The Ford Mustang was named after what?
Answer tomorrow...

Trip, I hope Nikki is continuing to recover and is doing all right.
Judy, glad to heat Wendell is out of ICU.
Todd, how is Fran doing today?

donna
I always believed that the first CD ever sold was by Dire Straits .Perhaps that was the first in England .

Good Morning from warm and sunny NY . I am making plans to begin working with a Personal Trainer .

I hope everyone has a great day and that Fran and all those ailing are feeling better .
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Cruisemates!

Well technically it is almost afternoon. I've been working with the kids this morning on cursive writing exercises. They've been fighting me every step of the way. It is hard to sit that long and now kids are so computer oriented it is hard to get them away from the computer screens to do manual work with pencils and paper. I remember in 5th grade when my Teacher told me I had told write a one page paper and I thought I was going to die lol.

Todd I am holding out hope that Fran will rebound against this latest setback. You know you're both in our thoughts and prayers and we shall continue. Hang in there my friend!

Not much on tap for today, it is a quiet day for a change. Hope you all have a good one.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 7th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
The promised sun, is here and there,and still chilly. I want the summer back!

Thanks for all your concern about Nikki....she is on the couch, taking her meds,and just laying low....we all realize just how lucky she was, G-d was riding shotgun that night!

Todd, I just can't tell you badly how I feel about, Fran's turn. I pray so much, for another turn, to make her get back on the road to stabalization....xoxoxo

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator