Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Admiral

Default Your scariest moment

Several years ago I was a juror at a trail in which the defendent was being tried on terrorism charges (prior to 911 ).We found him guilty on 7 counts .The next day I returned to work and as I was exiting a subway station I came face to face with the defended .I ran to my office and called the office of the district attorney .Apparently he was given bail because his mother worked for the court . That was very scary especially since as jurors we had to give out so much of our personal information .
Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Admiral

After 911 there were descriptions of terrorist rituals as shaved arms and carrying a book etc. While on a flight, next to me was a young man of what appeared to be of middle east descent. He talked to no one, had hairless arms and carried a book. I thought I was on a plane destined to be hijacked or blown up.
Old October 7th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Getting off the terrorism topic...uuug

My scariest moment was while riding my Suzuki GSX400EX home from a block course associated with my employment.
I was face to face with a car crossing over to my side of the road and the female driver was still looking into her rear view mirror instead of looking at me!!!!

No need to say I ended up in hospital and she ended up in court.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old October 7th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Henry,

The moment that comes to mind is hitting some rather hefty turbulence as my flight took off from Denver International Airport a few days after Christmas. I was sitting in the window seat of the last row, so I could see everything, and the plane started bouncing like a yoyo while my seat was still within fifty feet of the ground. It was definitely too close for comfort!

As the plane bounced, the passenger in the aisle seat -- who obviously had not flown much and was not accustomed to turbulence -- unfastened her seat belt and started to get up. Seeing her start up, I said, "Get back in your seat and get your seat belt on!" in the firmest tone that I could muster while still quivvering in my skin. Confused, she said, "Why -- what's going on?" Again using the calmest voice I could muster under the circumstances, I assured her that it was "just a little turbulence, happens all the time" and went on to explain the real danger of not being strapped in (a United Air Lines flight attendant standing in the aisle had died when clear air turbulence slammed her head into the ceiling, snapping her neck, on a transpacific flight a few days earlier) while still shaking in my skin. About that moment, a flight attendant in the back who saw her dart up reached our row and took over.

Norm.
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Admiral

the 16 mile trip in an ambulance to the hospital while having my heart attack
Old October 8th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Banned
Captain

Seeing Kuki in his Nun outfit.
It's just wrong on so many levels.
Old October 8th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I had just recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I was in the first weeks of treatment and struggling with med dosages. The Dr had ordered me to take 2 of my pills daily. I did but they made me very sick to my stomach. One evening I was out to dinner with a friend. She was talking to me when suddenly everything went black. I could not see her or anything. My ears were buzzing. I could still hear her voice relating her story to me as if nothing was wrong. I could hear myself say "I need help" twice. She was still talking. I estimate that it lasted 20 seconds. She said I never said anything. She seemed surprised that I had been in distress. The next day I went to see the Dr. She cut the dosage to 1 a day. So far so good. Very scary.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain