CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   SaturdayMorning! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/377379-saturdaymorning.html)

rollerdonna October 9th, 2010 06:29 AM

SaturdayMorning!

Morning Mates, it's a bright, but chilly morning here in Pictou County, all of 9C or 48F, a bit chilly for my big Yard Sale today!
Fortunately, I set everything up inside the garage in case of rain, but I will have to bundle up to stay out there all day, especially since I am at the beginning stage of a cold. :(

Wishing you all a relaxing weekend and hoping that Fran and Wendell are doing better today.....

donna

beenie weenie October 9th, 2010 08:46 AM

Good Morning Cruisemates!
Oh Donna! 48 degrees does sound a wee bit chilly for a yard sale. Let's hope things warm up a bit soon for you.

Judy and Suse, your encouragement means so much to me. Thanks!

The foot is continuing to do well. No issues aside from a little soreness yesterday, but there's no swelling. I was happy when I got a phone call from my Foot Surgeon's "right hand woman" Brenda. It looks like I am now scheduled to have surgery on the other foot Oct. 19th... Yay! I can't believe how excited I am to get this done and over with.

D/H has been working all week in Grand Rapis, MI. He buzzed across the border yesterday to go have dinner and spend the night with his Mom & Dad in Canada. He says he is coming home today... We'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't come home until tomorrow. I am just happy they can all get together. So whatever works.

Well today must be destined to be a great day since I found a matching pair of socks right away and didn't have go digging through the "basket of eternally mismatched socks that have been eaten by the mysterious sock monster that lives in the dryer" for very long.

In a bit I will roust the wee ones. The boy is especially exhausted since night before last he snuck two large bottles of Crystal Light. See, their marketing geniuses do not want parents to know that they are buying drink mixes that are often loaded with caffeine. It is buried in tiny little print on the side of the tiny little box. I figure if they are going to put warning labels on cigarettes, then they should put them on any Crystal Light product that contains caffeine as well. It should read "WARNING: THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS LARGE AMOUNTS OF CAFFEINE. SHOULD YOUR CHILD INGEST THIS PRODUCT, HE WILL DISPLAY OBNOXIOUS BEHAVIOR, START TO BOUNCE OFF THE WALLS AND WILL REFUSE TO SLEEP ALL NIGHT LONG. HE WILL ALSO WAKE YOU OUT OF A DEAD SLEEP AND WANT YOU JOIN HIM IN BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS AND WILL DISPLAY PARANOID BEHAVIOR AND ANXIETY, CLAIMIMG THERE IS SOMETHING "OUT THERE" AND THERE ARE MONSTERS UNDER HIS BED. THIS BEHAVIOR WILL CONTINUE UNTIL THE NEXT MORNING WHEN THE CHILD WILL CRASH AND BECOME A PATHETIC PUDDLE ON THE FLOOR."

So that's life here in the midwest. Hope you all have a great day.

Aerogirl October 9th, 2010 11:47 AM

Good Saturday morning,
First a Happy Birthday to John Lennon who would of turned 70 today.
It looks like summer is back here in the city with a high of 80. Not to much going on here today other then a little yard work. Hope all is well with everyone and have a great day!

CruisinK n J October 9th, 2010 11:56 AM

Saturday Morning

Good morning from Southern California where it seems to be eternal summer. 90's today for us and all next week, apparently.

Keith has departed for Riverside and the Wright Flyer Project. I may depart for South Coast Plaza (shopping mall) and Macy's later.

Wendell is feeling very down. He has lost a lot of body strength because of being bed ridden, therefore losing all that he gained from months and months of physical therapy. Keith says he grouchy, too, and no wonder!

I look forward to Sunday when we see a play which will open another season at the South Coast Repertory Theater.

Enjoy your Saturday!

Judy

Lakers Fan October 9th, 2010 01:00 PM

Saturday

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruisinK n J (Post 1321949)
Good morning from Southern California where it seems to be eternal summer. 90's today for us and all next week, apparently.

Keith has departed for Riverside and the Wright Flyer Project. I may depart for South Coast Plaza (shopping mall) and Macy's later.

Wendell is feeling very down. He has lost a lot of body strength because of being bed ridden, therefore losing all that he gained from months and months of physical therapy. Keith says he grouchy, too, and no wonder!

I look forward to Sunday when we see a play which will open another season at the South Coast Repertory Theater.

Enjoy your Saturday!

Judy

Good afternoon from hot and sunny NY . I love Riverside .Its one of my favorite areas of southern california .
I hope all those ailing feel better very soon

balabusta October 9th, 2010 09:54 PM

Good evening from Virginia Beach where it is a beautiful and balmy sixty-seven degrees. Before Rob and I left for Williamsburg to visit friends, who live there, I hit a few garage sales. We went out to lunch with friends at Ruby Tuesdays and then went to the Prime Outlets. (I had to buy a gift card for our son-in-law, Andy at the Under Armour outlet). Then my girlfriend and I hit a few stores while our husbands followed along for the ride. Then, it was time at their house to chat and then out to dinner at Greensleeves, a great locals place with two locations; one near the College of William and Mary and the other at Newtown; a new upscale restaurant and shopping area. We ate at the Newtown location since this was a home football game at William and Mary. Hope all of my fellow cruisemates enjoyed their day.