Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning

Morning Mates, it's Sunday and the sun is just rising here in Pictou County.
It looks to be a nice day if a bit chilly at 6C or 42F.
Unfortunately, I booked a 2 day garage sale, so I must go out and sit there in the cold, and I have developed a cold as well, so I am not feeling up to snuff this morning.
However, I can't complain, as so many of our Mates are suffering much worse ailments than me.
Yesterday I did a brisk business and managed to empty several boxes.
Today I hope to get rid of the lawn tractor, some furniture and the rest of the junk...um, I mean treasures....

I was going to make a turkey dinner later today (it's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend) but I really don't have the energy, nor will I be able to taste and enjoy it, so I think I'll put a hold on that...

Hope you all have a great Sunday, doing something you enjoy.

donna
Old October 10th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

Donna I'm sorry to hear you have been hit by the dreaded head cold. I hate colds and it's the only disease that turns me into a whining baby.

It wasn't a good morning here. I awoke to a crying pup. Kramer is extremely neurologic. He can barely walk and now has problems in his front legs. Two weeks ago I thought it was the end but he popped back after a day. This time I don't think so. I also threw my back out carrying him outside and trying to open the front storm door at the same time. 70 lbs. of pup can be a little hard to handle, even for someone my size. There is saying that vets use for end of life situations. If you think it's time then it was probably time a while ago. It's hard to make the final call when they are looking at you and asking for treats and their ears perk up when you ask: "Where's the bird?". However it's something that has to be done. Oh well: Better days are to come.

Todd: I hope Fran is doing better today and is eating the hospital food. My best to both of you.

Well: I'm going to see if I can get up and check on the boy.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me

Last edited by Mike M; October 10th, 2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: spell check doesn't know difference between neuralgia and neurologic
Old October 10th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Default Super Sunday

Good Morning from warm and sunny NY .Today is the annual family get together .Every year at a different relatives home .This year its less than 5 minutes from where I live .

Sorry to hear about Kramer and Mike your back going out .Sorry that your Twins lost once again.

I hope that Fran and those others ailing are feeling better today
Old October 10th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Oh Mike, I am so sorry to hear about Kramer. It has to be the hardest decision you have to make. May he go in peace....

donna
Old October 10th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning,
MikeÖ Iím sorry to hear about Kramer. Itís a terrible decision we are forced to make on behalf of our pets. Unfortunately most of us have been through this a least once. {{{Hugs}}} to you and Betty.
RDÖ Happy Thanksgiving to all of you fine Canadian folks. Save that turkey dinner for when you can enjoy it!!
Not too much going on here today. Itís a little warm for my liking; I want the cooler temps back. Prayers going out to Fran all in need. Have a blessed day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old October 10th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. Another hot day here.

Mike, I am so sorry about Kramer.
Donna, I hope you feel better soon.
Have been thinking about Fran a lot and Keith's brother, Wendell, as well.

Wendell is feeling very poorly. He threw up yesterday after getting ex-rays. He says he feels very bloated. He wouldn't even talk on the phone, so Keith has been talking to Wendell's wife, Doris. Some prayers sent his way would be a good thing.

Keith and I will doll ourselves up and go to Orange County for the first play of the new season at the South Coast Repertory, then dinner afterward. A terrific combination!

Judy