Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning

Good morning all from hot and sunny NY .I just completed an assessment with my Personal Trainer .My first session will be on friday .

I hope all who are ailing are feeling better today
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Not too much happening here on the home front. The kids are writing in cursive and muttering things under their breath about how mean their Mom is... Oh well this too shall pass lol.

I really need to go shopping for groceries today and I am working on getting things in order, since I am now a week away from surgery on the other foot. I am supposed to be singing at church Sunday and I am really at a loss what to sing... I better make a decision quickly since the bulletins will be printed tomorrow. Nothing like a little pressure.

Well I am wondering how things are coming along with Todd & Fran. I may drop him an email soon if he doesn't post an update soon. I miss hearing from him and it seems kind of quiet around here without his with & sense of humor. Prayers going out for all of my CruiseMates in need. Have a great Tuesday all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning

Good morning from overcast Southern California, a nice change, that.

BW, I too, have wondered about both Todd and Fran. I hope that Fran is improving and that nothing's happened to Todd. Odd he doesn't post.

Keith talked to Wendell yesterday, and his brother is doing well. Today, he will get physical therapy. As you probably know, hospitals like their patients to be able to fend for themselves befre they release them.

Judy
Old October 12th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Admiral

Default Todd and Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie View Post
Good Morning CruiseMates!
Not too much happening here on the home front. The kids are writing in cursive and muttering things under their breath about how mean their Mom is... Oh well this too shall pass lol.

I really need to go shopping for groceries today and I am working on getting things in order, since I am now a week away from surgery on the other foot. I am supposed to be singing at church Sunday and I am really at a loss what to sing... I better make a decision quickly since the bulletins will be printed tomorrow. Nothing like a little pressure.

Well I am wondering how things are coming along with Todd & Fran. I may drop him an email soon if he doesn't post an update soon. I miss hearing from him and it seems kind of quiet around here without his with & sense of humor. Prayers going out for all of my CruiseMates in need. Have a great Tuesday all!

I e-mailed Todd earlier today .No response as of yet
Old October 12th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Admiral

Default Fran update 12 October 2010

I am so very sorry I have been so remiss in writing as I have tried to await good news, but it's not really happened although today Fran was somewhat better.

For those who are familiar with such things, her platelet count is 49,000 (49) and her white cell count was down to 1.3 (normal being 5 to 9)until they gave her Nupogen shots which brings it up some and then it again falls.

They are running every test known to medical science to try and figure out just what is causing her fevers. Because of her very low platelet count, she is having problems breathing even though her blood oxygen level is 97. She also had to have two units of whole blood last evening.

Today she appeared somewhat better. She is currently on Vancomycin and the anti-fungal antibiotic Bactrim that she took for her pneumonia).

She has not had any fever yet today though she did suffer chills this afternoon. Last evening, the chills were so severe I thought the bed was going to shake. It is also so distressing watching her trying to breathe.

She had a test (I don't know the name) wherein they took a large amount of blood, spun off the white cells and then nuked them making them radioactive before re-injecting them early this afternoon. Two hours later they took her down for a scan. The purpose of this test is hopefully the radioactive cells will congregate where the infection is located. It might be in her lungs but they just don't know. It is, of course, possible that the fevers are a result of her Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma even though her oncologist doesn't think it is. If something is not done then he will perform a bone marrow biopsy.

She is still very sick but last night, she was so sick I actually was afraid I might get a middle of the night phone call.

Please please don't feel obligated to reply to this post. I know and treasure your support. I'll also say that in my prayers I faithfully insert my "prayer list" every night. Hopefully those on the list are themselves receiving relief or hopefully total recovery.

I am still trying to keep up the house as would my beloved Fran, but I fear I'm falling very short. I've just run out of gas a result, I'm sure, of constant worrying as I've not done anything really physically stressful.

In closing, my wife and I both thank and treasure each of you and your prayers accompanied by your wonderful words of encouragement.

Love to all,

TDH (and his faithful companion, Fran)