Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Default Fran update 12 October 2010

I evidently inadvertently posted the following on today's thread. I have added it's own to make it easier to spot for those interested.

I am so very sorry I have been so remiss in writing as I have tried to await good news, but it's not really happened although today Fran was somewhat better.

For those who are familiar with such things, her platelet count is 49,000 (49) and her white cell count was down to 1.3 (normal being 5 to 9)until they gave her Nupogen shots which brings it up some and then it again falls.

They are running every test known to medical science to try and figure out just what is causing her fevers. Because of her very low platelet count, she is having problems breathing even though her blood oxygen level is 97. She also had to have two units of whole blood last evening.

Today she appeared somewhat better. She is currently on Vancomycin and (the anti-fungal antibiotic Bactrim that she took for her pneumonia).

She has not had any fever yet today though she did suffer chills this afternoon. Last evening, the chills were so severe I thought the bed was going to shake. It is also so distressing watching her trying to breathe.

She had a test (I don't know the name) wherein they took a large amount of blood, spun off the white cells and then nuked them making them radioactive before re-injecting them early this afternoon. Two hours later they took her down for a scan. The purpose of this test is hopefully the radioactive cells will congregate where the infection is located. It might be in her lungs but they just don't know. It is, of course, possible that the fevers are a result of her Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma even though her oncologist doesn't think it is. If something is not done then he will perform a bone marrow biopsy.

She is still very sick but last night, she was so sick I actually was afraid I might get a middle of the night phone call.

Please please don't feel obligated to reply to this post. I know and treasure your support. I'll also say that in my prayers I faithfully insert my "prayer list" every night. Hopefully those on the list are themselves receiving relief or hopefully total recovery.

I am still trying to keep up the house as would my beloved Fran, but I fear I'm falling very short. I've just run out of gas a result, I'm sure, of constant worrying as I've not done anything really physically stressful.

In closing, my wife and I both thank and treasure each of you and your prayers accompanied by your wonderful words of encouragement.

Love to all,

TDH (and his faithful companion, Fran)
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Admiral

Todd you are the definition of a wonderful human being
Old October 12th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Admiral

Itís not out of obligation people reply to your post. I feel certain itís out of genuine concern that we do.
I'm sorry to hear things havenít gotten better for Fran. I know you running on empty by now trying to be there for her and by keeping thing as she would. You need to give yourself a break. The house will keep fine it's you that needs some TLC. Please take a little time to tend to yourself so you can be there for Fran. Iíll keep praying for the both and know everyone here on this board is here for you. {{{HUGS}}} to you and Fran.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old October 12th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Todd, I'm sorry that the news is not better. But it definitely sounds like the doctors are trying everything.

Please take care of yourself. As Areogirl said the house can wait.

You and Fran are in my prayers.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old October 13th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Admiral

I'm sorry to hear this news, I pray the doctors find the cause of the fevers soon and her white count increases. Don't worry about us feeling obligated to reply we reply because we want to. We understand what you are going through and we want to help you with our words even if we don't know the right thing to say all the time. Please take care for yourself and come on here anything you need to get things off your chest. We are here for you.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old October 13th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Admiral

I just want to echo the thoughts already expressed here.

My heart and prayers go out for both of you.

Phyll
Old October 13th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Todd.........you & Fran are in our thoughts & prayers........

Sharon
Old October 13th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Default Fran Update 12 October 2010

Todd, I, too, echo what the others have said. Let the house go. Please take good care of yourself. I had a taste of care giving, and I know how difficult that is. Again, please take care of yourself!

Judy
Old October 14th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Todd I too echo the others here. We respond out of love for you and Fran. I pray for you both. Take care of yourself too. We care and we are here for you.

Laura
ďTwenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.ď
---Mark Twain

Old October 14th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Default Prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2 View Post
Todd I too echo the others here. We respond out of love for you and Fran. I pray for you both. Take care of yourself too. We care and we are here for you.

Laura
I pray that Fran is feeling a lot better this morning
Old October 15th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Admiral

Todd,,,please know that you and Fran are both in my prayers. Hope to hear some good news soon,,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old October 15th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Captain

Our prayers and those of our congreationn at St. Timothy's, Alexandria
Georgia