Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 13th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Default Wonderful Wednesday

Good morning from chilly but sunny NY .A wonderful day is wished for all .

Prayers for Fran and all others who are ailing .The power of prayer is a true blessing .
Old October 13th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright sun, and, c-h-i-l-l-y here, with a nor'easter a comin Darn those weathermen!

We got some suitcases down Sunday, the selection of what to bring, washing, & ironing begins for our Epic cruise. Before you know it, we will be in my fave city..Lauderdale, before we cruise.

A few errands, and then, home again, home again, jiggity jig...to make supper.

Anyone know where our RD is? I hope that cold of hers, didn't do her in....Prayers to all our Cruisemates today.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 13th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Admiral

In just about 60 days I shall be in Florida for the very first time
Old October 13th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

I have not posted in this thread for a while, but now that I am back from my trip to Portugal, I thought that it was time to pop in.
I do hope that RD is OK and I send prayers to all who are who are ill.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2 / 21 / 16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Booked Celebrity Equinox ... 4 / 4 / 16
Old October 13th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning from my little booth here at Panera's.

We've been having some beautiful summer like weather for the last week or so. This can't last, but it sure feels good. We have some beautiful fall colors, but it does seem that we don't have the beautiful breathtaking displays of color that we can have up this way.

Trip, I hope all goes well for your cruise, and that the weather is perfect. One thing for sure is that you won't be having snow this time!

I've been watching the miner's rescue in Chile. It is so amazing to watch the joy and love. I'm praying the rest of the effort continues to go smoothly.

Prayers going out for Todd and Fran.

Phyll
Old October 13th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............it's foggy!!!! Suppose to burn off early & real warm today.........mid 60's.......

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old October 13th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It is a beautiful fall day here in the "The Land of 10,000 Colors". Today is a preparation day for the annual "Mike-A-Wish" pheasant hunting trip to South Dakota. I won't be doing much hunting but will provide comic relief for the group. It is a fun trip with good friends and good times. It will be a little bitter sweet this year without Kramer but we will be spreading his ashes at "The Honey Hole" where he flushed and retrieved many birds in his hunting days. My nephew will be here at 11:00 a.m. tomorrow and we will take the nine hour trek to the metropolis of Selby, South Dakota.

In just over two weeks I will be joining Trip on the Epic. I am working out in preparation for the Epic. I'm trying to eat four meals a day to stretch my stomach enough so I can hit 21 restaurants in 7 days. I have already decided that I will do the Epic Plunge on the first couple of days because I don't think I'll fit down the tube after three days.

I hope Fran is doing better and that everyone is doing well and I also hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 13th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a still summer, Texas. I keep wishing that we will loose the 80's but it's not in the future forcast.

I was also wondering where Donna is. I do hope she is okay.

I have also been watching the miners. I watched as long as I could last night, and the first words out of my mouth this morning, was what number are we on. It is wonderful for this country to come together.

Last night Josh surprised me with a piece of German cheesecake. unlike the American kind, this is wafers covered with powered sugar, and the filing is a whipped cream with fruit.

The lady that makes them only does one a day. She sales them by the slice, or you can order a whole one.

The fruit is usually mandrin orange.

Today I am continuing to clean out our junk. It is trash day, so I am trying to get as much to the curb as I can before they come.

We also have the trial on post going on, so everyone is on alert for any possible trouble. There was a no fly zone over post yesterday, so we got all the traffic. I do hope they will go ahead and get this over with. It is costing a fortune to house him in his own medical clinic set up in the county jail.

Prayers continue for all my Cruisemates.

Have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 13th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Things here are humming along. I have the kids out in the sunroom working on their newest spelling program. So far it is a big hit! Yay! In a bit they will be attacking a new program to help them learn the States. So far so good!

I am really trying to get stuff in order here for the next few weeks since I don't have long to get my act together. Looks like we're going to do exactly as we did before for surgery. I'd like to book the same hotel if possible. Since it was like right next door to the Surgery Center, and since they want me there at 6:00 a.m. I sure don't want to drive in that morning. That means I'd have to get up at 3:30... no way. So my Sis will come Monday night and spend the night with the kids. I am dreading it, but so looking forward to eventually being pain free at last. By next spring I should be feeling good.

Todd, I hope they can isolate where Fran's infections is so they can get her back on her feet. I know this has to be exhausting for both of you. Prayers will continue, I am going to expect to hear good news, but no matter what, you have friends here who care and want to know how you are both doing.

Well all I am going to go and enrich some young minds, whether or not they want to be enriched lol. Have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews

Last edited by beenie weenie; October 13th, 2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old October 13th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All, I am back in the land of the living at last.
I literally dropped halfway through Sunday's garage sale and had to go to bed and have not been out of bed since.
The cold that hit me Saturday was a doozer, in fact I'd say it was more flu than cold. Headache, sneezing, running, coughing, aching, fever, chills, you name it, I had it. I couldn't even open my eyes, the light hurt so bad.
Apparently I missed 3 days of beautiful weather and a deer on our front lawn.
I even missed Thanksgiving, which I hope to re-schedule a turkey dinner for next weekend.
I am certainly not 100% yet, but at least made it our of bed today and can look at the light (and the computer screen) once again. Headache is still there, but mostly from the coughing. I may have to take another day off work, as they really don't want me there coughing on them!

Looking out over the hills I can see that the fall colours have really changed in the past few days. My original plan for Thanksgiving Monday was to take a drive in the mountains and admire the colours. I hope they're not all gone by NEXT weekend!

Anyway, I'm glad to be back on board and I notice some of you missed me.
I'm sorry to hear that Fran is doing no better, and I'm concerned about Todd wearing himself out.
Todd, if you read this, never mind the house, the dust bunnies will wait - take care of yourself, Fran needs you!
I have been fortunate the past few days that my dear hubby was there for my every need, even if it was only tea and soup and endless boxes of kleenex. I realize a cold is no comparison to what Fran is going through, but knowing someone is there for you no matter what, makes all the difference. Hang in there Todd, and here's hoping they find some solutions for dear Fran soon!

Also, to Mike, I was sorry to read about Kramer. I will always remember the $6,000000000 dog, and how much he was loved. I like your plan to spread his ashes in his favourite hunting ground. I know he would like that.

Well, all this typing has exhausted me, I think I will go back to bed for a nap. Seeya around....

donna
Old October 13th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Admiral

OMG! I just noticed that my countdown clock is reading 29 days! How did that happen?
Yesterday, in what I thought was a drug-induced coma (too much cold medecine!) I dreamed that we'd been upgraded to a Penthouse Suite on our Carnival cruise. When I told James this morning what I'd dreamed he said it was no dream, that Carnival had called him yesterday and upgraded us to a Penthouse Suite! He'd told me, but I was so out of it, I thought I was dreaming!
So, in 29 days, we'll be in our 1st Penthouse Suite on the Carnival Miracle!

donna
Old October 13th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A stormy morning here today and I love it! All my errands were ran yesterday so a good day to just take it easy. TripÖ How excited are you?? Getting the suitcase out means itís almost time!
Hope everyone has a great day!

ALLURE, 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Sweet Escape BVI Charter 2015
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from a chilly sixty-eight degrees in Virginia Beach. This morning I had my annual sixth month check up at the doctors. It was great news to hear that I have maintained my weight. (all people like to be thin). Of course, I can still lose a few pounds but going to the gym has really helped. Rollerdonna, sorry to hear that you have been "under the weather". With this change in temperature from summer to fall all of us have a difficult time for our bodies to adapt to the change. Me, for one, is glad that it is cooler outside. After going to the doctor's, Rob took me out to our favorite deli in town. Oh I love those chpped liver sandwiches! Hope all my fellow cruisemates enjoy their day.