Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Thurprise!

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well it is still dark here. But I am sitting here in a chilly dark house, ecause I am not yet awake enough to turn on the heat or the lights. I am smiling from ear to ear because I caught a bandit in the act...

A few weeks ago I made Lobster for dinner and of course when we were finished we took the trash out right away as that smell has a way of lingering. The next morning I woke up to find lobster shells and trash scattered far and wide all over the yard. Our trash must be delicious because this dinner guest has returned night after night ever since and to be frank, I am tired of cleaning up after him. So last night I set and baited a live trap and guess who stuck around for breakfast? Mr. Rocky Raccoon! He is not happy though. I went out to check the trap first thing this morning and this guy is ticked off, but appears to be well fed. I hear he only eats at the best places . Later today my neighbor is going to transport him out to the woods a good distance away and set him free. The cats seem to be unnerved. I think they know he's outside and keep jumping up to look out the window.

I am trying to figure out where the time has gone. This week has flown by already and it is almost Friday once more. I am feeling very overwhelmed with all that needs to be done by Tuesday. I have put a huge dent in it. But I still need to winterize the camper and to be honest I just plain flat out, don't want to. But unfortunately that isn't an option so I am gonna have to go put my girl panties on and do it anyway! Oh well.

Not much else happening here. It is quiet for the moment but that won't last. Have a great day! Prayers going up for Todd and Fran and all my CruiseMates in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Morning Beenie, and hopefully, those to follow....
Well, I am up and out of bed for the 2nd day, but still not feeling up to par.
This too shall pass...
I was able to get today off, but they're having trouble finding me a sub for tomorrow, so I may have to go in whether I am 100% or not.

Meanwhile, I am resting comfortably, reading a little now that my headache has eased, and still waiting for my senses of smell and taste to come back.
Eating is no fun when you can't taste, but the up side of that is I've lost almost 10 lbs in the past week!

Hoping for an update from Todd today, whether or not it's good news, Todd, we need to hear from you!

Have a good one folks....

donna
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Captain

Been up and at em' since 6 am. Have managed to get much done, laundry, ran the sweeper, and things in as much order as possible around here. Today is a busy one for me, with a trip to Ashland, Ky for hubby. That will kill about 4 hours of my day. Need to be there by noon so thought I'd check in. So hoping to hear some good news from Todd today. Praying for he and Fran.
I couldn't stop watching as those miners were rescued yesterday. What an event that will go down in history. God does work miracles.

RD glad you are on the mend. Just rest and relax today in case you do have to go back to work tomorrow.

BW, we are putting off the camper winterizing until after the 30th. We have one more campout planned and are just hoping the weather doesn't get to cold. I know what you mean about not wanting to do it, seems like once it is done winter is a reality.

Everyone have a great day. Prayers for all our mates in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and chilly here, waiting for the storm to come later on. I cannot believe how fast this years has gone by! It was just July 4th wasn't it? Now, we are almost heading down the holiday road!

I am off to see if i can buy Aiden some "squishies" for his B day. The kid id goingto be 7!! Oh my....Squishies are these little pencil toppers. I saw them on tv,and they are all the rage..at least till the next big thing comes around? Remember silly banz? SOOO last spring His big gift, is a pillow pet,another must have.

So, i am off like a prom dress....Todd/Fran, you are in my my thoughts today! Rd glad you are almost human again, those 10 pounds will find you again, next week

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 14th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone...
Chilly and sunny here right now. My sidewalks are covered in golden leaves and it looks so pretty and yes Trip before we know it, it will be snow that were looking at! Took the car in to the shop for new fluids and a check up in preparation for my yearly ride up into Wisconsin to see the fall colors and buy some fresh jams. I hope the colors havenít peaked already. Thatís all here folks , have a blessed day.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old October 14th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday

Good morning from chilly but sunny NY .A storm is expected here later today .

I hope that Fran and others that are ailing are feeling a lot better today
Old October 14th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I'm just waiting for my nephew to arrive and I'm off to pursue the wily pheasant. I was not able to get Kramer's ashes in time so he will not be making this trip to South Dakota but I guess he'll keep on the mantle for a year. How much do you want to bet that he'll find a way to shed even in an "ashen" state.

I'll be back home on Tuesday and then it's a cardiologist visit and scheduling for the new pacemaker.

Todd: I hope Fran is doing better and I hope to hear she is home when I return on Tuesday.

Beenie: Sounds like the little bandits have targeted you. I had that problem a number of years ago and I finally had to resort to drastic measures to get rid of them.

Donna: I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Not a great way to lose weight. The bad part is that when you lose it like that it comes back really fast.

Aero: You better get to Wisconsin fast. Colors are peeking and waning.

Sue: Have a safe day driving. I watched some of the miners and it was a happy thing to see. It was somewhat funny about the miner and mistress but they carried that side story too far.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday and wonderful weekend.

See ya on Tuesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 14th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday Thurprise

Good morning! These overcast mornings are great for sleeping!

BW, that was a cute racoon story. Problem is that they can be really destructive.
Mike, regarding the guy with the mistress, I wonder how many other stories we will hear about the miners.
Todd, yes, please let us know how Fran is doing.

There's a pile of ironing that looks at me balefully, but I will keep it til Keith goes to the gym tomorrow.

Judy
Old October 14th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Admiral

I fear most of Wisconsin is at or past peak. We'll see whats left on Monday when I go up. Never the less I will stop at my fav cheese place and Slack's jams.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014