Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Admiral

Default "Y" The Yankees Will Win The World Series

on the cover of the November Esquire Magazine is Minka Kelly who was voted the Sexiest Woman Alive in 2010..She also just happens to be Derek Jeter's live in girlfriend..The Yankees will sweep thru the Texas Rangers and SFO Giants so Jeter can get home early to be with her
(plus I'm sure the TV sports broadcast will show her every time Derek is up to bat)
When I played the infield, in high school, baseball players never got the good looking hot girls..times sure have changed

It's bad enough everyone hates the Yankees just because they win so much, now this

and yes I said the Giants will win the NL championship and we will hear about the New York connection from the "old days"
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Admiral

The Phillies will win in 7 over the Giants unless my favorite player (We share the same birthday) Barry Bonds suits up.
Texas will be the Crankees in 6 .They have my favorite current player Jeff Francoeur .
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Admiral

the coach for the Rangers is a native of New Orleans and a proud product of NORD (New Orleans Recreation Department)..He is very active with MLB in trying to interest more inner city kids to play baseball..so I guess I have to split my loyalties between Derek Jeter's girlfriend and the Ranger coach
Old October 17th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Admiral

The Rangers shellacked the crankees last night .They will win game 3 ,lose game 4 and win games 5 and 6
Old October 17th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Henry my friend it will happen in exact reverse
Old October 17th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Default Venice

Perhaps but I think not . After the crankees are eliminated Joe Girardi will announce that he is leaving to manage the Cubs .The new Crankee at the helm shall be Lou Pinella .

Remember:You heard it here first
Old October 19th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Captain

The Yankees are a baseball metaphor for the United States. Of course the usual suspects don't like them/us. The bottom line is, you are either with the Yankees or with the terrorists.

wink
Old October 19th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Admiral

Default Aidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
The Yankees are a baseball metaphor for the United States. Of course the usual suspects don't like them/us. The bottom line is, you are either with the Yankees or with the terrorists.

wink
You must have loved taking the SAT and GRE
Old October 19th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
You must have loved taking the SAT and GRE
I dropped in 9th.
Old October 19th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
The Rangers shellacked the crankees last night .They will win game 3 ,lose game 4 and win games 5 and 6
Could be as that would be CJ Wilson and Cliff Lee again.

Tommy Big Game Hunter may surprise some tonight. He pitched well this year.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old October 19th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Tommy Hunter has pitched very well .My hope is that Burnett gives up 10 runs .The NY sports media is so pro crankee .Even the media that are pro mess (mets) are now pulling for the crankees . I detest the crankees ,my Texas friends are very proud of me.
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:07 AM
First Mate

I'm having a ball watching the series. Watching the yanks loose is nice, but having the my local farm team beat them is extra special.
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Admiral

Holland looked good. He was the difference tonight.

I saw every Ranger game this year (other when on a cruise) and I knew they had something special in April. Then they went on the 11 game win streak and never looked back. They acquired Lee to go DEEP into the playoffs as they they they had the division. They would have had a much better record, but at one time they had Cruz, Hambone, and Kinsler all on DL at the same time and still played .500 ball. I'm glad they all came back in the last weeks of the regular season. They really coasted the last month of the regular season.

As some of you know from other thread I always said they really match up well against the Yankees and they would win. I was more worried about the Rays than the Yanks. I also think the Yanks took a dive at the end of regular season in order to play the Twins in 1st round and not Texas.

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old October 20th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Default Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozeman View Post
Holland looked good. He was the difference tonight.

I saw every Ranger game this year (other when on a cruise) and I knew they had something special in April. Then they went on the 11 game win streak and never looked back. They acquired Lee to go DEEP into the playoffs as they they they had the division. They would have had a much better record, but at one time they had Cruz, Hambone, and Kinsler all on DL at the same time and still played .500 ball. I'm glad they all came back in the last weeks of the regular season. They really coasted the last month of the regular season.

As some of you know from other thread I always said they really match up well against the Yankees and they would win. I was more worried about the Rays than the Yanks. I also think the Yanks took a dive at the end of regular season in order to play the Twins in 1st round and not Texas.
I agree 100% re the crankees taking a dive . I was right about them giving up 10 runs last night .I am hoping for a Rangers win today .Visualize a matchup between Cliff Lee and Roy Halladay or possibly Tim Lincecum .
Old October 20th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Admiral

I am a Yankee fan through and through; can't stop thinking of the old days when Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris were "in their prime"
Old October 20th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Admiral

One of my former neighbors in Brooklyn played for the Crankees among other teams. At the time he was in the outfied with Mantle I would root for the crankees to win but only then.
Old October 20th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Admiral

I was a huge Mickey Mantle fan. That's the password for many of my computer sites. I followed him initially because he was from Oklahoma.

Josh Hamilton reminds me so much of Mickey. A talented big guy with speed and power. Both center fielders and team leaders. Both also temped by demons. Hopefully Josh will go on to have a great career.

Future Cruises:
Old October 20th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Admiral

Josh Hamilton can exceed any of the greats of the game if that is his desire
Old October 20th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Admiral

Snoozeman..there is a new book about Mickey that I read in the Sunday NYT Book Review that is suppose to be very good..you might check it out...also I just finished reading the new one about my hero Willie Mays..again, great read..in the age of 24/7 cable ESPN they would not be able to hide their flaws, nor would the press protect them
Old October 21st, 2010, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Bye Bye Crankees .That is the chant that you will hear after tomorrows game :

GO RANGERS