Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2010, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Default Beautiful Thursday

Morning Mates, it's another lovely day in Pictou County, and not as cold as yesterday, at least there's no frost! My drive to and from work is so spectacular, with the fall foliage over the mountains reflecting on the water, and the sky so blue - purely a pleasure!
Tomorrow I have a day off, and our plan is to take a "foliage drive". I will try to take some photos for those of you who don't get to experience a change of seasons....

Beenie, glad to see you're doing well after your surgery. I'm sure you will be glad to get back on BOTH feet once again!
Todd, still thinking of you and Fran, hang in there!

donna

p.s. regarding the fruit fly problem.....Cruwysie e-mailed me a remedy: a 1/2 glass of apple cider vinegar, with a few drops of dishwashing liquid should attract and kill the little beggars.
I only had regular vinegar and a couple slices of apple, and it has been moderately effective. Have to go get some apple cider vinegar today and see if that works better!
Old October 21st, 2010, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
No sun at the moment..drat! In this area the foliage must be off it's time clock.We are usually peaked or almost peak at this time, but I think the summer heat, is the reason.Some great here and there, but, not the way it should be;(

Ok, Ok, I really have to rip into the rest of my closet today,and pull out my cruise clothes..iron the stuff on Sunday,and pack....A week from today,I will be in Lauderdale, shopping till I drop,and feeding my face at my fave places....We are meeting some Fla. friends for lunch,and I can't wait.....

Todd, prayers continue..Bw, you are on my mind,and good thoughts to all in need...

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; October 21st, 2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old October 21st, 2010, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
It is another crisp fall morning, temps should get up to the mid 60's. The sun is shining.

I was a little worried yesterday I wouldn't make it through the Family Night festivities and through choir practice. But I was home by 8:30 and to sleep by 10. None the worse for wear. I have learned as long as I keep my foot/leg elevated, all is well. The nerve block wore off some time in the evening and I woke up at 4:00 a.m. to find all my pain meds wore off. So I took a couple pills and slept til 8:30. At some point d/h got up and went to work and I didn't hear a thing. It felt good to get a good night's rest.

I am so bored this morning. In a bit I am going to get the kids started on schoolwork and will contemplate how much energy will be required to make lunch for the tribe lol. Before the surgery I was practicing my left footed driving technique. It was going pretty well, so I may attempt to take the kids to the sitter and a quick trip to the drugstore to get more pain meds lol.

I have nothing else planned for the week just taking care of myself and the kids. Thanks for the kind words of support. I am so looking forward to getting back on both feet and heading to Florida in December to see my wonderful bunch of CruiseMates! That's my goal at the moment.

Looking forward to hearing the latest from Todd & Fran. I may drop him an email just to touch base in the meanwhile. They are on my mind a lot these days.

Hope you all have a great day...

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 21st, 2010, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all. Its a dreary raw morning here in central mass, hate to say it, but it feels like it could snow, ick not ready for that. I agree with you Trip, the foliage around here has been hit or miss, so far the most beautiful foliage has been right outside my front window, our house overlooks a hay field, and the hayfield is framed by beautiful trees, the deer and turkey's seem to love it too.
Old October 21st, 2010, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

It's cool and damp in Connecticut as well, bue the temps are still a bit too warm for any snow.

I believe having a sunny disposition is the best way to deal with weather at this time of the year.

Have a nice day everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old October 21st, 2010, 10:46 AM
Captain

Sunny but cool here today with some wind blowing the leaves off the trees. Today's plans have been put on delay. We were due to have our semi delivery of product arrive at 8 AM but it has not made it's appearance yet. It is for D/H's business so he is on hold until it comes. He is planning on retiring the end of the year but with all the hassels he has been having with the home company he just might retire sooner!

RD, glad you are feeling better, just take it easy and enjoy your drive tomorrow.

Trip, our trees seem to have the same outcome this year as yours. It was just too hot and dry this summer so we now only have brown leaves. You are making me jealous with your upcoming cruise. Wish I had one on the books.

BW, a good nights sleep can make a world of difference. Take care and don't push it to hard. We will be heading to Indiana for the day on Nov. 7th. Starting in Richmond in the afternoon then up to Muncie for the evening. Looking forward to the trip.

Todd if you see this hope things are getting better for Fran and you. Thinking of you often and continue to pray for you both.

Have a great day everyone.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 21st, 2010, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday

Good morning from cold and rainy NY. Today is the birthday of my eldest daughter ,we will celebrate tonight and also Saturday .

I hope to hear good news from Todd. I have not had replies to my e-mails and that concerns me .I will try again this morning .
Old October 21st, 2010, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Chilly but sunny here today. I'm taking my son and two of his friends to their Homecoming football game tonight. I'm sure they will ditch us as soon as we get there. :o
Trip.. how exciting for you. A week away!!!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old October 21st, 2010, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Default Beautiful Thursday

I hit the wrong button and lost my post. Anyway, good morning to all. It's still raining here in my part of CA. This weather system is moving off, though, so watch out, Phoenix!

Trip, I am jealous, too! My cruise is way off in the future.
BW, best wishes for a fast recovery!
Donna, I look forward to your pics. We do have some foliage change here, but around December, or so.

Nothing much on the agenda today. I should start sorting the laundry. Don't know if I will . . .

I hope we hear some good news from Todd today. I think a lot about Fran and Todd.

Judy
Old October 21st, 2010, 01:43 PM
Admiral

Tis a beautiful seventy-three degrees this afternoon in Virginia Beach. This morning Rob and I went to the gym, showered and then went out to lunch at Ruby Tuesday's. (coupons are great). I am relaxing before I have to go to work. Hope all my fellow cruisemates enjoy their day!