Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2010, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Default Super Saturday!

Morning Mates, it's a real Fall Saturday out there today, cold, windy, and quite dull and gray. Looks like a good day to stay inside and do threee of my favourite things at the moment, reading, scrapbooking and knitting.

Yesterday was a weird weather day for our long drive, we had everything from rain showers, low cloud, fog, heavy wind, and a rainbow! There were also periods of brilliant sunshine which made some of the foliage views spectacular! I will load the pics later today and post them for you later...

We also stopped in to visit friends yesterday and had dinner with them.
They had an acquaintance drop in to give them the news of the untimely demise of a mutual friend, who left behind his beloved dog.
Well within the hour, our friends had become to excited and proud parents of a beautiful 6 month old pure bred Rottweiller! They immediately adopted the poor orphaned pup and brought him home. Sad that his beloved master has gone, but happy that he now has a new good home.

Continued prayers go out to Todd and Fran, and good recovery wishes to Beenie Weenie. Have a great weekend everyone!

donna
Old October 23rd, 2010, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Not much is happening here today. There weather is dreary and kind of depressing. In a while I will send the boy down to go get his sister. She spent the night at her friends house down at the other end of the lane. I think this is the first time she has ever spent the night at a non-relative's house. We have all come to the startling conclusion that even though she may be the biggest burr in d/s's saddle, he is lost without her. The boy stayed so close with me. He didn't let me out of his sight. He was lonesome as he could be. In a bit I will be sending him down to go get his little sister and I know he'll be glad to see her.

The foot is doing well. No major issues. The discomfort is minor and I think it is healing faster than the left one did so far. I was a little concerned since the Doc told me I was not to take any anti inflammatory meds this time due to the platelet injections. The body actually uses the inflammatory response with the platelets injections to get the body to heal itself. So I wasn't sure how that would work out, but so far so good. I am anxious to go back to the doc on Tuesday for my dressing change and see how it looks without the bandages on.

I am anxiously awaiting word on the results of Fran's bone marrow biopsy. I think tonight I will drop Todd an email just to let him know we're all thinking of him and Fran and our prayers will continue.

I better get myself moving, the kids have music lesson's at noon. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 23rd, 2010, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Default Sunny Saturday

Good morning from warm and sunny NY .

I hope Fran is doing better .Unfortunately by e-mail is not functioning because my e-mails to Todd are being returned .Therefore,I sent snail mail instead .
Old October 23rd, 2010, 01:24 PM
Admiral

Default Super Saturday!

Good morning from Southern CA. The sun came out for a second and disappeared again.

Beanie, so glad that you are healing quickly.
Donna, nice to hear that a dog got a nice new home instead of a shelter. He's gonna be a big one!

I, too, hope that Fran's bone marrow test will finally reveal what's making those fevers. Those two really need some recuperative time.

Keith is off to Riverside. I plan to use part of the day switching my summer clothes to winter, FINALLY! When that's done, guess what will happen? Yep . . . temps in the 80's!

Right now, I need some coffee and a quick breakfast. I hope everyone has a nice day.

Judy
Old October 23rd, 2010, 01:39 PM
Captain

I'm late posting today as I had to be at the soccer field early. The 7 yr old grandaughter made the all-star team with the games starting today. The double elimination started off good for us, her team won! The 2nd game is at 3 today so will have to wait and see. Looks like we will be playing again tomorrow for sure. Just hoping the weather stays as nice as it is today for tomorrw. I probably won't be able to get to this afternoons game as we need to be on the road to Cincinnati by 4. We have a square dance there that D/H will be calling for. I'm hoping to get started early enough to hit one of the nice resturants down that way.

RD- good to hear there are folks who will save a dog from becoming an orphan.

BW- So good to hear you are mending so well. Please let Todd know that we are all praying for good news.

Everyone have a great day and prayers to all especially Fran & Todd.

Read and post cruise reviews