Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning

Morning Mates, it's NOT a beautiful day here in Pictou County. The temp has gone up to 10C, but it is pouring with rain and quite foggy.
Could be worse I suppose, it could be snow...:o

I'm off to aquafitness this morning, after missing 2 weeks with the flu. I need to get those muscles working again and try to get back in shape for my cruise in only 16 days! Boy, a cruise is looking good with the weather outside today!
Beenie, how are you doing today? Recovering nicely I hope, and Todd if you're out there, continued good wishes to you and Fran!

donna
Old October 26th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It is going to be a nasty day here in the Land of 10,000,000,000 blowing leaves. The talking heads are predicting a record "low" barometric pressure and along with that there will be extremely high sustained winds and some heavy rain. 60+ mph winds are expected. Now I see that one of the "On the scene" talking heads is giving her reports with 10 lb. sandbags on her feet.

Yesterday Betty got her cruise packing done or at least all her clothes are in the packing room. I was able to get my "evening wear" in the packing room and some other stuff. I still have about half my list to put in there but it should only take me about a half hour to get the rest of the stuff together. We'll be ready to hop the plane on Friday for a fun cruise on the Norwegian Epic. My sister is really looking forward to it. She has been calling me every night to ask "What else do I need?". Ahh I miss that excitement about a first cruise.

Well: I have some "business" to take care of so I better get to it.

I hope everyone is well today and has a wonderful week. My thoughts are with all those who are ailing.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 26th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

Oh I am not loving the weather here either. Windy and more windy, with a side order of possible tornadoes. I awoke to find the cover off the pool. The patio furniture scattered by the wind. Normally I would be out there getting it all battened down but it just isn't possible. So I woke d/h up and asked him to gather up the pool cover, and get bungy's to tie down the hot tub cover, then go take the glass top tables and turn them upside down on the patio so the wind can't pick them up and break them. Well needless to say, we had a communication problem because he took the tables and piled them on top of the hot tub cover... Thus ensuring that if we lose the cover to the wind, the tables will surely be destroyed as well. So I kind of got a little frustrated with my beloved one man wrecking crew, and clarified my wishes and after a time of discussion (OK that would be me ranting) the issue was resolved in a satisfactory manner (OK he did it my way).

I am trying to figure out what to do with myself today. I have a noon Doctor's appointment with the surgeon. I have been looking forward to losing this cast thing all week and upgrading to my boot and crutches. I really don't want to risk my life driving through high winds and potential tornadoes though... so decisions, decisions, decisions!

Not much else happening today... d/d's birthday was yesterday, we had a nice little family party for her and a good time was had by all. I cannot believe she is 8 years old already. Time flies!

Donna thanks for asking, all is well here. The foot is doing great. I have a lot less pain this time than with the previous surgery.

Well I better go do something constructive. Hope you all have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 26th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning all!

The weather in Montreal SUCKS too. for the 2nd day...dark, dreary and rainy. I'm so tired of it. like my sister, i cannot wait for our cruise and some sun and relaxation! Anybody looking forward to the Rocky Horror Glee show tonight?? I CANNOT WAIT!

Even though i mostly lurk, i, too, am praying for Todd and Fran.
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning all from a sunny, and getting hot, Texas. We are still waiting on our temps to break. They say we might get a break on Friday, and then back to warm again.

I am up early this morning, because of the dogs. I am up, and they have gone back to bed. What is wrong with this picture?

I am so looking forward to the elections being over with. According to the the ads, those running need to be in jail according to each other. It sure is ugly this election.

My thoughts continue for Todd and Fran.

BW Glad you are doing much better.

Mike, You have a packing room? Please tell me that it was a former kids room.

Everyone please have a good, safe day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Luanne,

Yes: It is my daughter's old room. It actually has now been "converted" to my granddaughter's room. It's her sanctuary when she stays here. My grandson also has his room and the "guest" room is downstairs. We like to keep the guests as far away as possible.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

Old October 26th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Admiral

good morning mates, its a beautiful sunny and warm day here in central mass. Heat is off, doors open
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northweat.........it's still windy & wet........guess that means fall has arrived............

Mike.....know what ya mean.......just hard to get REAL excited about a cruise now......but I still remember the first time.......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A glorious warm day here..I opened the windows,and screen door....Babysitting Lucy for the last time till we return.

I am so sick of the political adds too..This I found odd...We have a town called Quincy...here, it is pronounced, Quinzee. In an ad for one candidate, running, the commentator, saying it as Quincy,obvious, he didn't vet the ad....a BIG no no around here...not endearing many people...lol

I am ironed out from yesterday,and ready to get everything in the suitcase tomorrow, hoping I don't forget anything.

Good thoughts going out,and make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 26th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a cold Northern California. They are saying it will warm up today with rain later in the week. It seems we went from cool summer here to winter. I was hoping for a warm fall no luck on that one. Have a great day all, stay dry. Mike
Old October 26th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Default Tgit

Good morning from NY where its sunny and hot .I am taking advantage of the weather by going out to do some things .

I wish everyone a terrific tuesday
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. Well, at least it isn't raining. There's a cloud cover, but I think we'll see some sun later.

I'm sick of all the political commercials. This time, they're not barn storming on the telephone, though. That's a relief.

The laundry is on my list today along with a trip to Good Will. I wish I were packing for a cruise, too. Rather, I get to pack for a trip to Arizona in a couple of weeks. Keith looks forward to seeing his brother and his old school buddies.

Best thoughts go out to Fran and Todd.

Judy
Old October 26th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Many of the political ads are just copied from candidate to candidate and the local candidates name and picture are inserted in the audio and visual.

Last week, when I was in South Dakota, there was an ad that shows the Democrats (President Obama, Pelosi and Harry Reid) on "Mount Taxmore" and the local candidate's face added to it. I saw the same ads here this week.

Nothing's new.

Take care,
Mike. I approve this message.