Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Morning

Morning Mates, another dull weather day here in Pictou County. Yesterday we had a lot of rain and fog, today it's just gray and dull.
That Caribbean cruise in 2 weeks is beginning to look awful good!

We went back to our regular Tuesday night Trivia last night after a 2 week absence. I have saved up so many Trivia bucks (what you win with each question correctly answered) that I was able to pay for my dinner - a plate of chicken wings! Usually you use your bucks to bid on prizes at the end of the night, but you can only use so many beer mugs and beer T-shirts....
Now you can buy wings, onion rings, potato skins, fries, the usual pub fare.

I am off to work at the Y this morning, then my after school job. The kids are doing a great job with their knitting and we should have a few scarves ready by the end of the week. They're really enjoying knitting, and so am I!

Have a good Wednesday everyone, and special wishes go out to Todd & Fran for a good visit with the oncologist today, and to Beenie with her appointment with the foot doctor....

donna
Old October 27th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Captain

We survived the big wind and rain of yesterday. It got pretty hairy a few times with the wind but luckily no damage around us. Looks like it is heading east today so get ready guys.
I have had a sick little grandaughter for the past few days. She had a throat infection but is now on the mend. I so hate it when the little ones are sick but they do seem to bounce back quick.
Today I will be taking my Mom to a Dr. appt. When I get back it is time to start loading the motorhome for our last camping adventure of the season. So hate to see it end but when you live in the North it does happen.
RD- so glad you got to go to your Trivia night. Sounds like so much fun, especially the wings! Have a good day knitting with the kids.

Todd, hope today brings good news for Fran. Prayers continue daily.

BW- hope you didn't blow away yesterday. Our news said Ind. was really getting hit hard. Saw a picture on TV that showed a 5th wheel lying on it's side....hope it wasn't yours!

Everyone have a safe day and prayers to all in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 27th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

Donna I wish I was joining you in 2 weeks. Oh that would be so nice! I would be excited too!

Sue, yesterday's weather was exciting to say the least. D/H ended up working from home. Which was great since he actually got some work done rather than sheltering in the basement of some University building. I called the Doctor's office and told them that I just didn't think it was a good idea to risk driving in when semi's were overturned and cars were in the ditches of the Interstate. So basically we discussed my progress over the phone and I emailed photos of my foot/ankle/leg to the Doctor after we removed the dressing and I was given the green light to ditch the cast/splint thing and move into the boot. While I despise the boot almost as much as the cast/splint thing, it is progress, never the less and I can sleep so much better without anything on my foot YAY! I am getting around pretty good with my crutches or the rollator walker thing. I have another appointment set for next Thursday, I am hoping they will take the stitches out then.

I am doing pretty good and gained a lot yesterday. I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and made us an easy lunch, then cooked pork chops, rice and veggies for dinner. That's the first time since the surgery I have been able to make all three meals in a day. Being semi weight bearing helps a lot. Today I think I will attempt to tackle some laundry. I hope by next week to be down to one crutch or at least less reliant on the walker.

I'm anxious to hear the news from Todd & Fran on their appointment. I just hope the docs will find something that they can treat and help Fran (and Todd) rebound.

Well I better get up and go get myself another cup of coffee. Hope you all have a great day!

Old October 27th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone from the still windy and now snowy land of 10,000 lakes.

The wind is still howling outside with gusts around 45 mph. We've fared well with nothing more than a five second power outage. We are luckier than many. My daughter has lost two trees and has had a number of power outages. It should end later today and then it is back to Fall weather.

However, I don't care because I'm leaving on Friday and going on a cruise!!! It's better to leave cold and blustery than it is leaving a nice warm place.

Donna: I'm glad you are at least getting free food out of playing trivia. It's better than key chains and luggage tags.

BW: I'm glad your foot is doing better and you are continuing to improve.

Sue: i hope the grandkid quickly recovers. It is amazing how resilient they are.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday and a great rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 27th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

The weather today mimics my attitude, wet and overcast. Fran is at the hair dressers. Regarldes of whatever physical shape she's in, she wouldn't miss getting her hair done for the world.

It is so very sad. She cannot walk without assistance and remains as weak as a newborn kitten. She continues to lose weight.

We hope to find out more at the oncologist today. If he has received the bone marrow biopsy report I will dread what it may well reveal. At any rate, I'll post the results if we indeed get a report later one this afternoon.

Prayers and Blessings continue for all on the list. Hope all of my Cruisemates have a wonderful Wednesday.

Todd
Old October 27th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Todd, know we'll be carrying you and Fran in our hearts and minds today. We're sending our love and prayers your way.

YouTube - "It Is Well With My Soul" By Wesley Pritchard & David Phelps

"It is in the quiet crucible of your personal private sufferings that your noblest dream are born and God's greatest gifts are given, in compensation for what you've been through."
~Wintley Phipps

Old October 27th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Mike did you say SNOW?? I'm so not ready for that! Not much going on with me today other then laundry and a little housework.
BW... cinnamon rolls sure do sound good to me right now!
Hope everyone has a great day

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from hot Texas. We are working our way toward fall. It is slow and painful.

Donna, It always sounds like you have so much fun. I never get tired of hearing about your adventures.

Mike, I heard from a new friend I made in Wi, and she was complaining about the snow. I wish we could have a little bit of it.

BW I am so glad your foot is improving. I was worried that it would still be a problem when you made your way to Fl in Dec. It is "Well with my soul" Thanks for the reminder.

Todd, my love, please don't think you carry this burden all by yourself. We are all helping you carry it. Please let us know, good or bad, what the doctor says.

I am still trying to keep up with the house work. I look at myself in the mirror and see someone who is not that old, but yet I have an old soul. It would be so easy to just go to bed and give up, but that is not me. I have to keep taking steps forward.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you today. Those of you who are about to cruise. Please be thankful for the chance to do so. You are truely lucky.

Have a good day all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning from an overcast, seventy-eight degrees, in Virginia Beach. Of course, I did my usual routine of going to the gym and then picking up some groceries on the way back home. Kudos to Fran with keeping up her routine of going to the hairdresser; this always makes a woman feel good. Hopefully, we will hear some good results concerning Fran's tests. Rollerdonna, I am sure you can't wait for your upcoming cruise in two weeks! Have the fun of a cruise is the anticipation of it! May all my fellow cruisemates enjoy their day.
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Morning

Good morning from sunny Southern California. Seems like a long time since I've been able to say that. Temps in the 80's here, too, and very dry, so there's fire danger.

That cinamon roll really sounds good along with a cup of coffee.

Not much happening, except gym, laundry and ironing.

Have a good day, people. Todd, wishing you good news on Fran's bone marrow report.

Judy
Old October 27th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday afternoon

Its hot ,muggy and rainy here today .I just returned from lunch with friends .

Keeping my fingers crossed for good news from Todd re Fran .