Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning Wake Up

Sorry I usurped your opening Donna but I have to post and get my butt moving.

I did not post about Fran's oncology visit yesterday because she didn't go as she was just too sick. I almost took her to the hospital but when I mentioned that she was almost hysterical, being afraid she'd not come home again.

We're trying the Dr. visit again this morning as she appears if not to be better, at least more stable on her feet.

Hope everyone has a marvelous Thursday and I so hope everyone going on the cruise with Trip, etc. have a fantastic time. Do so wish I were with you.

Prayer and Blessings continue as usual.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning Todd and Fran and others to follow.

Todd may God go with you and Fran, and I'm sending prayers that you can take Fran to see her Doctor. Hopefully you will get some good news.

To all Cruisemates, have a nice day

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old October 28th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Admiral

What a wonderful surprise to see you opening the morning thread today Todd! I only hope that Fran is well enough to make it to her appointment, and that the news there will not be bad. Good wishes go with both of you today....

I've been seeing footage on the news of the storms, both rain, wind and snow that have hit parts of Canada and the U.S. Some terrible weather, and incredible damage everywhere.
Last night, just as James went out to light the BBQ for dinner, a windstorm came up, with heavy pelting rain. Poor guy was soaked to the skin before our dinner was ready! The rain and high winds continued all night long, at times it sounded like our roof was going to lift off!
This morning, all is calm, it's stopped raining, and it's an unusually mild 14C or 57C. Makes you wonder if it's the calm before the (snow) storm.....

Best wishes to all of our CruiseMates heading out on their cruise this weekend. My thoughts will be with you all, and please take lots of pictures to share with us when you get back!

donna
Old October 28th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Default Tgit

Continued prayers to Fran and Todd
Old October 28th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone!

Well, tropical storm Ole has left us and we are only contending with 25 mph winds and 35 degree temperatures. Hopefully the winds will die down and the sun will come out so I can get the boat wrapped up before we leave tomorrow. I guess this is the price I pay for procrastination.

No matter what I know that tomorrow at 7:35 a.m. I am off to Miami to begin the week long Cruisemates Epic Cruise. Fun, fun, fun.

I'll be keeping everyone updated on the fun, frolic, friends, freaks (it's Halloween) and food that you are missing on a CM cruise but you can live vicariously through me. I don't know who'd want to do that but you can give it a try for the week. So check the Norwegian Cruise Lines board for daily updates.

Todd: I do hope that Fran starts to feel a bit better and all of my best thoughts are with you and her.

To everyone: Have a great week and I will be back on Monday, November 7th.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 28th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Captain

Great to hear from you Todd, just hoping today brings you good news.

We are having a beautiful fall day here. Temps were in the 60's early with not much change due throughout the day. This evening is our area Trick or Treat night so it will be a good one for the gobblins. My 2 grandaughters will be out gathering up the candy which Papaw is in hopes some of it manages to find it's way to our house. He loves teasing the kids about stealing their loot!

RD, sounds like you got our wind from Tuesday. Glad it has passed you by. So you had a soggy supper last night or at least James did.

Mike, rub it in that you are getting to enjoy a week of cruising to make those of us stuck here at home jealous. I am glad that you are getting to go and I will be watching for your reports. Have a safe trip and a wonderful cruise.

Prayers continue for Fran and Todd along with all our mates in need. Good day to everyone.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 28th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

Todd, I've been thinking about you and your beloved bride non-stop. I am glad to hear Fran is a bit more mobile today and like all of us, I am deeply concerned about you both and we'll all be waiting patiently to hear the latest reports. I made it to choir practice last night and a few of our prayer warriors there seem to have the ear of the Master Healer, we made a special request on your behalf. Hope you get some productive news today!

Well I got up and around pretty good on my new bionic foot yesterday. But by bedtime it was looking a little swollen so I wrapped it up and went to sleep and awoke at about 1 a.m. with an uncontrollable coughing jag. I got up and took a bunch of meds then finally fell back to sleep at 3. I should have slept in a bit, but it just didn't happen. Hopefully I will hit the hay early tonight.

I mentioned that rather than risking my life in the storms Tuesday to go to the foot doc in Indy, we handled it over the phone and I posted all my before/after surgery pics on a website for him to view so he could see how the sutures and everything was healing. Well evidently my feet are a huge hit on the internet. I went in to edit some photos and found it has gotten 37 hits in the past 24 hours... Either the Doctor has been showing off his handy work or someone with a foot fetish has found my online photo album eek! lol.

It is fall break here for the public school kids. I thought I would give the kids a little break and give them a lighter load of schoolwork today and tomorrow and in return they have to get their rooms cleaned, then they can go to the sitters to play with their buddies who are out of school. I think we all need a little break.

Well it looks like Trip is on her way. Safe travels to her and any of my Mates who will be embarking on an adventure this week.

Take care and have a great Thursday!

Old October 28th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning gang.

We have survived the wind storm, and are now feeling the colder weather that Mike mentioned.

Todd, I've been trying to keep up with the posts here about you and Fran. I was praying for you at just about the same time you posted this morning. You are both never far from my thoughts and prayers.

Mike and Trip, Bon Voyage to both of you. I'm going to try to keep up with your cruise notes. Have a wonderful fun time!!!

RD, glad had the wind and rain move through so fast.

Take care everyone.
Phyll
Old October 28th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning
A blustery day in store for us here today in the city. Just sitting down to a hot cup of coffee and it’s oh so good. We have a college night here tonight at the high school. We’ll be taking our son so he can start getting some kind of idea of what he thinks he might be interested in when the time come.
Todd… So sorry to hear Fran’s not any better. I don’t blame her for not wanting to leave her home again.
Prayers continue for the both of you.
Mike… Glad the weather is improving so all your travels go smooth. I look forward to reading your post from aboard the Epic.
Trip… by now you’re on your way …lucky you!!!
Have a blessed day everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old October 28th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........it's raining......cool......oh well........it is fall.......

Todd...........hope all goes well today.......will be thinking of both of you.....

Mike.........Tripp........have a fantastic time!!! I'll be waiting to read all about it......

Phyl............nice to see you.........;-)

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old October 28th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Phyll, are you leaving the wind and cold behind in Wisconsin and heading to Florida soon?

donna
Old October 28th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning Wake Up

A late good morning to you all. Still windy here, sunny and warm.

Todd, I hope Fran gets to the doctor today and that the news is good.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old October 28th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a much improved weather situation here in Texas. We dropped from 91 to 63 over night. Today it is sunny and a nice cool wind.

Todd, I hope the day goes well. Let us know when you know something.

BW Viral Foot? to funny. Glad to see that you have improved so much.

Mike, Have a great cruise. I hope to keep up with your daily reports on your adventure.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 28th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post

BW Viral Foot? to funny. Glad to see that you have improved so much.
Hey I'm up to 44 hits now... there's a lot of strange people in this world lol.