Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Default It's Saturday!

Morning Mates, it's looking to be not a bad Saturday weather-wise, sun is struggling to come out and it's already 7C or 44F.
No big plans for the day, maybe go into town for the Fall Harvest Festival, the last of the Farmer's Market and other activities going on.

I was thinking last night of all our CM mates who were having dinner together in FLL, wishing I was there. Can't wait to see photos of that gathering!
Bon Voyage to all of them today!

As always, best wishes go out to Todd and Fran, hoping to hear from you too!

Have a good weekend everyone!

p.s. You know that video I posted the other day? It was featured on our Halifax news last night, it has become an internet sensation!
When I pass through Halifax airport on that spot on the 10th of Nov. I will do a little dance, I'll call it a "Doc Dance"!

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; October 30th, 2010 at 07:22 AM. Reason: add
Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
It is still dark out, at the moment its just me the wonder boy and Samantha the wonder cat. The other cat went back to bed with d/h after his fancy feast snack this morning and the Princess is still asleep.

Last night I was trying to figure out what to sing for church tomorrow and was running through a few songs... I sent the kids off to practice their music lessons this is about the 3rd week I have heard d/d playing a mutilated version of Jingle Bells and I just couldn't take it anymore, so I figured there must be a problem, so I went in to sort through it with d/d. I figured maybe she was just trying to play it too fast and she was bombing out when she got to the harder part.
So I sat down and I started to play it for her (I am not a gifted pianist, but I do know music theory and I can read music) so I begin and she says Mom you're doing it all wrong! I asked what she meant and she showed me the notes she been playing. OK this music is written in the key of C, but evidently for the past three weeks she has been playing it in the key of G. So obviously this tells me a few things...#1 she has not been reading the music, she has no idea what the notes are on the printed page, #2 she has no idea what the notes are that she is playing on the keyboard, when I tell her that she should be playing D and G, not G and C, she has no clue what I am talking about, she is basically relying on the finger position numbers on her music and she just happened to luck out and picked a key that didn't have any sharps or flats for this particular piece. Shouldn't her piano teacher have noticed this at some point during the past 3 weeks? D/D has been going to piano lessons for several months now, she should at least be able to read the notes on the page, and be able to identify the keys on the piano... Now the problem is the piano teacher is my mother.... I suspect they are goofing off during lesson times. I am annoyed and strongly considering firing the teacher.

So today will be piano and guitar lessons for the kids, after that I am meeting my Sister and we're going to all head to the new chinese restaurant/hibachi grill for lunch and she is taking the kids to a movie. Unfortunately there really isn't much for kids at the theatre during Halloween, so the only thing half way suitable is Secretariat. Luckily they all love horses.

After that we'll bring the kids home so they can get their Halloween Costumes on and then we'll head down to the town square. All of the businesses there give out candy and it is a tradition here. The kids go around the square from business to business, rather than house to house. It is much safer and it is great to see all the familiar faces out and about.
That ought to about shoot the day.

I hope that all is well with each of you. Prayers continuing for Todd and Fran. Hope to hear from them soon. Have a great weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 30th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Happy Halloween weekend everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Default It's Saturday

Well, the local headline at UPI said it best: "Rainy SoCal Gets an Early-Morning Soak." I think we're through it in my little corner of the state. The sun is shining again.

That's a good thing, because Keith is on his way to Riverside and the Wright Flyer Project. I am about to have some coffee, do some ironing and some housework.

None of this is exciting, not like being on a cruise . . .

Have a nice day, people!

Judy
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday

Good afternoon from chilly but sunny NY .

Continued prayers for Fran and all others ailing