Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Admiral

Default Hello from the Big Tall Fat Guy From Tennessee

Good evening to all of my beloved Cruisemates.

Actually, the description in the Title would probably fit half the men in this area of upper East Tennessee....at least the "Fat" part.

Fran's dear Niece Adelaide goes from morning to night cleaning, arranging etc. I swear, she reminds me of the Energizer Bunny. I, on the other hand, qualify for the Energizer Turtle if not the Energizer Inchworm. I have little to no energy, shuffling along as if I were 85 and sleeping a lot. I was so furious with myself that I completely GI'd the master bath (meaning scrubbing the floor the military way on my hands and knees) although it really wasn't all that necessary. Of course while I was doing that she was immaculatizing the whole house even going so far as to scrub the saddle of the carport door.

Everyone has been so wonderful it brings tears to my eyes. To say it's been mind boggling is an exaggeration. Foremost of course are you, my beloved Cruisemates.

It will be some time before I get back to whatever is considered normal. The real test will come a week from tomorrow when Adelaide leaves and for the first time I'll be alone in a house with a zillion memories. At least I'll have my five feline children to comfort me and of course I know I have all of you should the need arise.

I'm almost on the verge of sending a sympathy card to QVC. Now that Fran has gone they'll probably have to lay off 50 people. Even though my income will of course drop, just the savings from that quarter alone will greatly soften the blow. Bless her heart, she put forth her best effort to solve the economic crisis. I probably have every kitchen gadget or small appliance ever invented; matter of fact I've got a backup of several. Oh, anyone for a coffee mug? I've got boxes full of 'em from New York. We never even unpacked them.

Lord knows I've more than enough to do to keep me busy once I mentally recover to that stage. Then again, there are more than a few out there who would insist I never could mentally recover from anything simply because I never had any mental acuity to begin with. They're probably right.

There is posted on Kiserrosehillfuneralhome.com a slide show. Just type in Frances DeHaven. Of course you won't know most of them. Save it to say the two old folks were Fran's parents (which when you think about it is a little obvious). If you happen to view it and want to know who anyone is, feel free to ask.

In closing, I just wanted to say I'm on my way back although I won't be posting routinely for awhile. A week from today long about 8 Eastern, I promise not to call you as I've a jug of bourbon and by 8pm, I'd be shall we say a tad difficult to understand.

Love to all and I hope everyone has a tremendous weekend. It goes without saying that prayers accompanied by a request for multitudinous Blessings continue unabated.

TDH
Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Todd,
It is good hearing from you, I'm sure many of us think about you and how you are doing, so if you can, just drop a simple note from time time. As you go through a difficult time, just know there are people out there that care about you...They say, time heals, which is true, but it will take a lot of time and you have some wonderful memories, you will carry those with you each day.

Just take care, get some rest and go day by day, it will get a bit easier eventually.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Admiral

Todd, so good to hear from you and see your sense of humour is still intact!
As I've been away on a cruise this past week I've missed out on all the news, but I was surely thinking of you every day.
You just take your time coming back to "normal" whatever "normal" may be...
We'll see you around here when you're ready...

donna
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Hey Toddy,

It's good to hear from you.

I hate to tell you that your old normal is gone. Believe me that was the one thing I wanted back.

What you will do in the coming months is to come up with a new normal.

I look forward to the day you are back posting on a regular basis. We could have used your opinion about airport security.

Love you much,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 20th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Admiral

Good to see you posting! It's been kind of busy around here. Yesterday after we spoke, the kids asked who I was talking to. I said oh, that was Todd. They looked at me and asked which Todd?, Tennessee Todd or Guitar Todd? So it would appear you shall be known as Tennessee Todd from now on... Hope that's OK lol.

Sounds to me like you're doing really well. Please give our love to Deanna and Adelaide. I pray Deanna is recovering well.

Give me a call if you need to talk.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 20th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Good to hear from you Todd. What a wonderful tribute to Fran - enjoyed the slideshow with all the people and cats that were so important to Fran but most especially you.

God bless.

Jane

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old November 20th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Admiral

[QUOTE=ToddDH;1329974]Good evening to all of my beloved Cruisemates.

Actually, the description in the Title would probably fit half the men in this area of upper East Tennessee....at least the "Fat" part.
QuoTE]

That would fit a lot of men here in Ct. as well . The fat part would fit me.

I'm glad to see you posting and God bless you.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old November 20th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

It's so nice to hear from you,and, normal does seem to change from time to time...this I know.....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 20th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Admiral

Good to see you posting ,Todd .Stay well .
Old November 20th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Admiral

Todd.... It's so nice to hear from you. Don't expect to much to soon. Just take one day at a time. {{{hugs}}}

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old November 20th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Admiral

Todd, thanks for posting. I really enjoyed the slide show with the people and the kitty's who were important to your dear Fran. I know it's hard, but as a couple of my favorite people have said, "One day at a time".

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:30 AM
Admiral

Default Hello from the Big Tall Fat Guy from Tennessee

Todd, I know from experience that "normal" can change, a lot! After Keith's illness, "normal" changed. After my diagnosis of breast cancerand surgery, "normal" changed.

Special greetings to you and to the kitties. Take good care and post when you feel bad and we will help sooth you. Post when you feel good and we will rejoice with you.

Judy
Old November 21st, 2010, 02:00 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Thanks for posting, Todd. There will be many difficult "firsts" this next year. You will survive and establish your "new normal." Please post as often as you can so we can help you through all those firsts......it does help to talk to someone even if it is only online. Been there and done that.
Old November 21st, 2010, 06:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

So nice to drop in and see your post here. Todd take your time and post when you are up to it. We are here and we understand. Most of all take care of yourself. That is the all imortant first step back to normal.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old November 22nd, 2010, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Todd.........great to see ya posting.......know that you are in our thougths..........

Sharon
Old November 22nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Todd ,if you are able to ,I hope you can rest and read a good book or watch a film.