Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2010, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Default Back to Work Monday

Morning Mates, from a cold and white Pictou County. Talk about PCD!
Triple whammy - cold, snow AND back to work!

I am still working on photos to post. The CM gallery will not accept my photos unless I re-size them and I have to do that one at a a time and it takes forever.

Still fighting the Creeping Crud as well. Whatever it is, is hanging on and my doctor is not in till tomorrow so I will wait.
Trip, hope you're feeling better soon too....

Have a good week all.....

donna
Old November 22nd, 2010, 09:14 AM
Admiral

good morning Donna, glad to have you back. Hope you feel better
Old November 22nd, 2010, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Not much happening in this neck of the woods. It is gray and dreary, but at least it isn't cold and snowy... yet.

I am starting to feel a little better. Whatever bug I have is starting to loosen it's grip. I personally think it is the curative and healing powers of the cajun and shrimp bisque I made last night. The heat of the seasoning cleared my head and must have killed some germs. My left is ear is plugged up, but I am confident that this too shall pass.

Been thinking about Todd, it sounds like he has plenty to keep him busy at the moment. That is a good thing I think.

Things here are very quiet this morning. The kids are awake...kind of, and we'll get started on our day here in a few minutes.

Oh joy!

I hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 22nd, 2010, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........it snowed!!!! Not much at our house........but all around us......north of us is real nasty.........2-4 inches & freezing......so much fun.....that's where Larry has to go today.......glad he doesn't have a time frame......

Thinking of Todd........

Laundry awaits me........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old November 22nd, 2010, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Bright sunshine on the patio/office in Scottsale again this morning, but temps only to the low 60s. But in the sun it feels warm.

Golf with friends on tap for later this morning. Ahh.. the good life of retirement.

DONNA.. try posting in your "community gallery" in your user CP, rather than the CM galleries. It's much easier and faster than our old galleries.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 22nd, 2010, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A warm and beautiful day here today with temp’s in the low 60’s. We did have an early morning thunderstorm which prompted me to sleep a little later this morning.
Much to do this week in preparation of turkey day, all the last minute shopping for perishable foods. I also need to disinfect the house after my son’s bout with a stomach bug although I’m starting to think he had ate something bad and didn’t have a bug at all.

RD… Have a great week back at work.
BW…. Happy to hear your feeling a little better.
Todd….. You’re in my heart and prayers.
Have a great day mates!!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old November 22nd, 2010, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Default Manic Monday

Good Morning from NY where it will be 60 degrees today .

I am hoping that Todd will be resting and perhaps reading a good book today .
Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Kuki, where do I found the "community gallery"? Can I post photos taken from facebook? Or directly from where I load them in Picas? I thought they had to be in the CM gallery..

donna
Old November 22nd, 2010, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Default Back to Work Monday

Good morning, everybody. Yep, back to the routine. Keith went to the gym, I have a pile of ironing.

We went to a very funny play yesterday. All but one membe of the cast were potty mouths, but funny anyway.

Judy
Old November 22nd, 2010, 02:57 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
Kuki, where do I found the "community gallery"? Can I post photos taken from facebook? Or directly from where I load them in Picas? I thought they had to be in the CM gallery..

donna
The personal photo gallery is much better. Go to User CP in the upper left of the blue bar on top of each page. Click it and the go to "Photo Albums". If your pictures are large then only load 3 at a time. You shouldn't have to resize them unless they are some 10 MB monstrosities.

You can fetch pictures from Facebook. I don't know about Picasa. Try it.

Fetched from Facebook: Me on the Nile

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 22nd, 2010, 03:12 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone:

Just got back from the hospital/doctor. Had an exciting morning with a TEE (Trans Esophageal Echo). In other words they shove this thing down your throat and take an ultrasound of your heart. I now know that, if I need to, I can get a job as a sword swallower.

I will receive a new, fine quality, three lead pacemaker on December 6th. This will replace my current two lead unit. It should help with the fatigue and help with the ventricular contraction. In words I understand: "It make Mike feel better." The downside is that they have to ablate the sinus node so the pacemaker will be the only thing making my heart beat. So if the pacemaker goes then I go to. Betty has already went magnet shopping and increased the life insurance policy.

Otherwise it's another icy and slippery day here. It was a rough ride to the University and about the same for the ride home. Hopefully it will either decide to rain or snow and stop this freezing rain. We did stop and pick up the Thanksgiving Buzzard and prime rib. Hopefully the garage stays below 40 degrees because I really don't want to fire up the basement fridge for just the bird and the beef.

I hope everyone is having a great Monday and that you have a great week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me