Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2010, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Already!

Morning Mates, Monday went by in a flash and already it's Tuesday.
Still cold, a bit of snow on the ground, but the sun is out, so that's OK.

Work was interesting yesterday. I found out that my assistant quit on Friday, so there is a mad panic to hire somebody this week. Meanwhile, we have a patchwork of subs filling in this week...going to be an interesting week.....

Still working on those photos, I really want to get started on the review but time constraints are against me. I think I have a meeting this evening too, so I will have to put it off again. Be patient!

donna
Old November 23rd, 2010, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Central Texas where it is warm and humid. We had to close up the house a couple of days ago, and turn on the air. The good news is we are due a cold front on Thanksgiving.

Jim came home last night and told me that what I had been predicting has come true. After the 1st of the year he will no longer have a job. I predicted that we would be part of the big change that our President talked about. It sucks because Jim has giving his all for this country. So I guess the Christmas party will be the last for thousands of people. I could say more, but I won't. What's the point........

Hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 23rd, 2010, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Warm and sunny today, but, the cold is coming! My cold is going,thankfully, but it's been a week already..RD I hope you ar on the mend too. I wish I had stock in the Kleenex Corp!!

Babysitting today, for Lucy, so maybe I can start a new book, I hope..James Patterson's Don't Blink..I finished Sante Fe Dead, by Stuart Woods,and Mini Shopaholic, in the last week or so, I am on a roll Both were very good...

Luanne, with Jim's qualifications, he should be quickly grabbed up,before you know it...wishing him luck...

Tomorrow will be, get the house ready for the crowd day...so today I just relax a bit....Eclipse,part deux is up in the Celebrity forum if you want to take a peek

Make it a good one..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 23rd, 2010, 10:16 AM
Captain

It is a warm morning but a damp one. Had a good rain last night which we really needed. Cold front is coming, so the weatherman says, so guess I had better enjoy todays nice temps.
Glad to hear that your cold is better Trip, hope RD is getting better too! LuAnne I'm sorry to hear Jim is going to be cut. It has to be hard after his years of serving our country and I thank him for that. A new door will open for you I'm sure.
Today is office work for me, at least until around 3. Our school is dismissing an hour early today so the kids can start their Thanksgiving holiday from school early. I will have the 7 yr old until her Mom picks her up around 6. Tomorrow will be the day I buckle down and start getting things ready for Thurs. I have most everything stocked up, just need a couple of items from the grocery that I'll get in the AM.
Hoping & praying that Todd is doing ok. Everyone have a good day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 23rd, 2010, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........ummm...maybe that's the frozen northwest........

Winds up to 30 mph today.......24 out right now......high is suppose to reach 25 today......been.........snowing everything is frozen.......parts of I-5 are closed.........

Took people up to 14 hours to go 30 miles last night.......

Hopefully it will thaw by Thursday........

That Hawaii cruise is looking REALLY good about now......

Trip.........have fun babysitting & reading......

They say this cold blast is thanks to Kuki.......opps....I mean Canada..........

Just staying in & trying to stay warm today.......

Luanne........maybe you & Jim will have time to enjoy each other now......

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon
Old November 23rd, 2010, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A cold sunny day here today and big change from our 58f. Weather we had yesterday. Along with the cold front came a bad storm here. Rain and very windy, we spent the evening without electricity.

Itís a good thing I had just replenished my candle supply. Our son entertained us by playing old rock on his IPod touch. I was sort of nice to not be distracted by TVís computers and phones, he was relieved he had no homework to do, but explained he could have done it by candlelight or flashlight; he just looked at us funny!

Luanne Ö Sorry to hear about Jim losing his job. I hope he finds something quickly.
RDÖ It seems whenever I come home from a trip something has always happened good or bad.
Luann Ö Iíll be heading to the forum to take a look.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old November 23rd, 2010, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well there's not much happening here today. There was supposed to be a lot happening but unfortunately my vendors are not getting quotes out as quickly as they promised. So here I sit...in limbo.

To all you puny peeps suffering the flu, colds and other maladies, I wish you all speedy recoveries so you can enjoy the approaching holiday. I am really ready to go enjoy some turkey and prime rib yummmm!

Luanne, I really feel for you and Jim. My Cousin was in the Air Force for what seemed like forever. He was a definite career military guy and all of the sudden they decided they no longer needed him and they cut him loose. It has been very good for him and his family. Of course any change and period of adjustment has it's issues and difficulties, but you and Jim seem to roll with it all and I am certain that you both will rise to the new challenges as you always do.

My friend is working on dedicating a park/playground to Zahra Baker. The little girl from Australia who survived cancer that left her deaf and with one prosthetic leg, that was murdered in Hickory, NC. He is very excited to get this going. I will share more info on his project as it develops.

I haven't heard from Todd in a few days. I will likely give him a jingle in the next couple of days and wish him and Adelaide a Happy Thanksgiving. I sent him a Facebook invitation, hoping he'll join. That way after Adelaide returns to New York. He'll have his friends handy if he just needs a little company.

Not much else is happening here. It's been way too quiet, which leads me to believe that tomorrow at around 4:30 all heck will break loose and I will be busier than a one armed paper hanger.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 23rd, 2010, 12:53 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I had a fun day yesterday at the doctor's. It started with a Trans Esophageal Echo. Basically, they shove a wand down your throat and take a sonogram of your heart. I think a career of sword swallowing is in my future.

I will be receiving a new three lead pacemaker on December 6th. The extra lead will help my heart beat stronger and hopefully give me a bit more energy. The only problem is that they have to ablate the sinus node and I will be completely pacemaker dependent. If the pacemaker stops working then I do too. Betty has already started looking for really big magnets and has increased the life insurance policy.

I've already been out and picked up some stuff for Thanksgiving. Otherwise it's wash day. A weeks worth of clothes need to get washed so I better get to it.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday and a wonderful rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 23rd, 2010, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Already

A late good morning. The sun is shining and you'd never know it's supposed to rain later.

I'm headed to Newport Beach in a bit to get a much-needed haircut. Maybe a little shopping, too, if it's not raining.

Judy
Old November 23rd, 2010, 03:09 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday

Good afternoon from cloudy but 65 degree NY .

I heard from Todd last night ,he still has a lot of people in his house .He is looking forward to a lot of rest next week.