Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday after Black Friday

Morning Mates, how did you all survive Black Friday? I saw crazed shoppers on the news last night and was glad I wasn't out there!

Our weather continues cold and dull. We had snow all afternoon yesterday but it changed to rain and it's all gone again. A nice blanket of white would break the monotony of wet and gray and dull.....

Today there is a big Craft Fair at the school where I work. My students and I have been making more scarves to donate to the Home & School table, and I plan to go over and see what else is available. There will be a nice Tea Room, baked goods and prizes to win, so should be interesting.

Last night I worked 3 hours on Part 1 of my Miracle review but had an awful time trying to insert photos and getting it to post. Ended up with nothing, so I guess I will have to try again today.

Have a good weekend everyone!

donna
Old November 27th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A chilly Willy kind of day, and windy too...We'll see a bit of sun soon. I am off to work to remerchandise the windows and put the decorations up. That will be fun.

With 2 cruises, and, an eating holiday, under my belt this month, I was hoping not to eat my heart out, but, Bruce made a noodle pudding yesterday, so, I guess I will "have" to bring a piece to work for lunch:-)

I bought Aiden some vintage Hardy Boys on Ebay yesterday, and, Lucy one of those 80's plastic charm necklaces..anyone rememebr them? I bought one for Nikki when she was a kid, so it seems this holiday, it might be a vintage one:-)

The stores can't lure me anymore at this time of year anymore

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 27th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well it is a chilly one here today with temps in the 20's. The sun is out and the temps should get up into the mid 40's later on.

I am pleased to announce that my Sister made it out of the all night odyssey at Walmart alive and with her new $199 Laptop. She came over last night and the hubby helped her get it all set up. She was so happy. I am just glad she got it and no one got hurt lol.

Yesterday was wonderful. The kids and I worked a little around the house. Then in the afternoon I pulled all of the Christmas stuff out of the garage and the kid's set up the tree all by themselves. D/H was in charge of the lights and we found a few strands had died, so I ran down and picked up 3 strands from the dollar store and a bolt of wired ribbon. So d/h and I strung the lights and the kids hung ornaments. The we tied bows out of the shimmery gold ribbon and put those on the tree. I think it looks pretty good. Oh it was so much fun. We turned the Christmas music on and there was a smile on every face.

Since I didn't have any Thanksgiving leftovers, I decided to bake a ham for dinner and made a big pot of Cheesy cream of ham, potato and broccoli soup. So today it looks like it will be ham sandwiches for lunch. I definitely have a yen for turkey so while I was at the store yesterday. They had all the "fresh" turkeys on sale. What I didn't understand was why all the "fresh turkeys" were frozen???? I thought the point of having a "fresh turkey" was that it had never been frozen. Oh well what do I know lol The price was good so I picked up two and figured I would bake one soon and maybe one in January.

There isn't too much else going on today. Just want to get the house in order before I leave next weekend. I am so looking forward to heading south and out of this cold icky weather.

Take care all. Have a great weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 27th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Captain

Good Morning from Bobcaygeon. We woke up to a winter wonderland-finally. It's late for our first significant snowfall but still too soon for me Only 63 days until I cruise-can't come soon enough. I hope all my U.S. mates had a great Thanksgiving and got all their Xmas shopping done yesterday. Have a great weekend everyone!
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Old November 27th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A surprisingly cool morning in Scottdale, in the 40s. But heading to a sunny 68 degrees.

Mrs. Kuki spent yesterday with the entourage of ladies who flew down from Calgary for Black Friday. After 10 or so hours of checking out various shopping venues, she bought very little.

I, on the other hand, spent a lovely afternoon at the golf course, and going to be setting off for another round today, with different friends.

Mrs. K has signed up for some water color lessons with a local artist, so today she's going out to buy her supplies. I've already told her I won't be posing for any nude portraits
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 27th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a cold Texas, but where the sun is out.

I finished all of my Christmas shopping last night, except for two things, I plan to by after we get back from Florida. I did all of my shopping sitting here at my desk, in my pj's. It is so easy.

Jim found out that his job will be there until April, so that gives us a little bit of breathing room. What he does is vital to the military, so he is hoping that he will be picked up as a government employee, with reduced pay. The reduced we can get use to, as we have lived most of our adult lives with reduced pay. It is what the military teaches you to do.

It has been so sad to read the local papers lately, and see the pictures of military families standing in line for free food, and to sign up for toys for the kids at Christmas. How sad to have daddies and moms fighting a war, and the ones left behind without enough to take them through the holidays.

With billions being cut from the miltary, most likely next year will be worse.

Oh well, at least GM is feeling better, and so is Wall Street. Have to keep those bonuses intact for the coming year.

I sure hope that No. Korea will settle down, and act right. We sure don't want to have to go and straighten them out as well. Hell, I might have to go and help out. The real soldiers are worn out, and already busy.

I do hope that all of you have a good weekend.

Take care,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 27th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a cold but sunny Chicago.
Going to decorate the tree today and then maybe a little shopping. Never made it outside yesterday, turkey hangover!
TripÖ I love noodle pudding, my sister makes it from time to time and speaking of itís been way too long since she has.
Have a great day everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old November 27th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........40's today.....I'll take it........better then the teens.......

Trip......noodle pudding??? Is that a East coast thing???? Sounds different........

Not much happening here........just have to start wrapping presents........don't like that part.......

Luanne......glad to hear you still have a few months.....good luck on Jim being kept on......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old November 27th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I had to look it up

THE WORLD'S BEST NOODLE PUDDING
Read more about it at Cooks.com - Recipe - The World's Best Noodle Pudding
Content Copyright © 2010 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

1 lb. broad noodles, cooked

PUDDING:

1 pt. sour cream
12 oz. cream cheese
1 c. sugar
6 eggs
1/2 lb. butter, melted

TOPPING:

1 c. crushed corn flakes
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 stick butter, melted

Place cooked and drained noodles in 9"x12" Pyrex dish. Combine and mix pudding ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pour mixture over noodles. Prepare topping by mixing the corn flakes, sugar and melted butter together. Sprinkle over pudding and bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 27th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday after Black Friday

Good morning from cold SoCal. I'm not much of a turkey fan, so once or twice a year is enough.

Keith has long since gone to Riverside and the Wright Flyer Project. I have a pile of ironing to do. After that, don't know. I need to get on the internet and start some Christmas shopping.

Wow, some of you really put up the tree early. How do you keep it from drying out and losing all its needles? We put our tree up a week before Christmas and always have a hard time making the tree last.

Have a nice sunny day, people!

Judy
Old November 27th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday

Good afternoon from sunny but very cold NY .My grandkids just left after a mini-sleepover and non-stop game playing .
Old November 27th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinK n J View Post
Wow, some of you really put up the tree early. How do you keep it from drying out and losing all its needles?
I've had this tree for 13 years and it still hasn't lost it's needles lol

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 27th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Thanks Luanne............sounds good...........

Sharon
Old November 27th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Sharon this is an old recipe, and ,the old way, is to add raisins and crushed pineapple....the 2nd time he made it this week[oy], was to omit the pineapple, and, add halved maraschino cherries....it is delish!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 27th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I ended up biting the bullet and going out this evening to just 2 stores, but got some great deals, 20 minutes and $200 later.....but it wasn't a zoo and it was quick and easy...so, its a start...

Message Boards Moderator