Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Undercover Boss and NCL...mark your calendar:)

Part of the Press release from NCL..this show should be right up our alley!

Norwegian Cruise Line CEO Sails Into Unchartered Waters ON CBS's Hit Show "Undercover Boss"

Miami - Nov 23, 2010 --- Norwegian Cruise Line and CBS jointly announced today that Norwegian's CEO Kevin Sheehan will appear on an upcoming episode of the Emmy-nominated hit reality series "Undercover Boss" on the CBS Television Network.

"With 11 Freestyle Cruising ships in our fleet and more than 16,000 employees both shipboard and shoreside, it's challenging to keep in tune with our crew who are the face of the company and interacting with guests on a daily basis," said Sheehan. "When I joined the company, one of my goals was to ensure consistency across our fleet and make sure that we are delivering exceptional cruise vacations for our guests. Participating in Undercover Boss' helped me to see that we have phenomenal crew members who are working extremely hard to deliver on that promise, but it also shed some light on areas that could be improved."

Each week, "Undercover Boss" follows a different executive as he or she leaves the comfort of the corner office for an undercover mission to examine the inner workings of their companies. While working alongside their employees, they see the effects that their decisions have on others, where the problems lie within their organizations and get an up-close look at both the good and the bad while discovering the unsung heroes who make their companies run.

During the episode, Sheehan went undercover on two of the company's Freestyle Cruising ships: Norwegian Epic, the company's newest, largest and most innovative vessel; and Pride of America, the only US-flagged passenger cruise ship sailing inter-island cruises in Hawaii. While on board, Sheehan worked alongside crew members in various departments.

"It definitely was an eye-opening experience," added Sheehan. "I've always had the utmost admiration for our crew, but after this experience, I can proudly say we have truly remarkable crew members throughout our fleet."

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2010, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Sounds interesting, but do we know the air date? I wouldn't want to miss it!

donna
Old December 1st, 2010, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Me too! Guess we'll have to keep an "eye" on the schedule so that we can catch this one. Should be interesting.

"SKY"
Old December 1st, 2010, 10:19 AM
Admiral

i love that show, will have to keep and eye out for that episode