Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Default It is Sunday, not Thursday!

Morning Mates, now that Kuki has confused us all this morning, I will tell you that whatever day it is, I showered last night!:-D

I also slept in really late this morning. I should go have some breakfast, but at this point, I might as well wait for lunch....

My co-workers and I had a nice diner out at the pub last night, and exchanged small gifts for Christmas. I got a great thermal mug from Tim Horton's with a Tim's gift card, not bad! I don't drink coffee, but they have DONUTS!!

The weather today looks mild and partly sunny/cloudy. However, my Weather Eye is flashing that frightening little lightening bolt, and it says "an intense low is bringing heavy winds, rain and snow to the maritimes".
I knew all this green in Dec. wouldn't last....

This afternoon we are off to see the Ship Hector, and it's Hector Quay Museum, which is being re-opened after almost a year of political wrangling. It has been bought out by new owners and they are holding an Open House today, with performances by some of our favourite local musicians, so it should be fun. I'll post pics if I can, tomorrow.

Best wishes go out to Mike today for good results with his procedures....

donna
Old December 5th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Cold day here today and from what I hear were in for a very cold week. We had a total of 5 Ĺ inches snow by the time it stopped and now itís just icy out there. Not much on the agenda today other then a little housework and a dinner out.
Have a great day everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old December 5th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! RD reminded me, so I had a shower

Another gorgeous day in store in Scottsdale, with temps heading to the mid 70s. Took the now much older Mrs. Kuki out for dinner last night at a fabulous Greek restaurant for her birthday.

She so much enjoyed her day without me yesterday that I'm going golfing again today just to please her.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 5th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday

Good morning from sunny but 31 degrees NY .I am staying in all day today .I will be doing my on paper packing list and try to determine how much money I need to have for the cruise .
Old December 5th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

There wasn't much sleep in the Mike M house last night. My grandson kept having "skeleton" dreams and would not go to sleep. That meant that grandma and grandpa didn't get much sleep. At 3:30 a.m. I was ready to get out the "special juice". He's not usually like that but we couldn't find out if anything else was bothering him.

I'm going to try and pull the "hospital card" with Betty and have her take me out for dinner tonight. I'll see how far that gets me. She may make me dinner instead. Can't wait to find out what I get on my hotdog or what dressing I get on my salad.

I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday and that everyone has a great week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 5th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a nice, Tampa, Fla. We had a little shower this morning, but it looks like it will be warmer than it has been since we landed.

Had a great time yesterday at the Daytona Speedway.

I am so tired this morning. Woke up, and couldn't remember where we were. I plan this stuff, and it looks great on paper. We have asked for a late check out, because the game has been delayed until 4: 15. Attending the Bucs/ Falcons game at Bucs stadium.

Our drive from Daytona yesterday was uneventful. As we were traveling down 4 I pointed out to Jim, which Cruisemate friends lived in that town.

After the game, we are traveling to Orlando, for the dinner tomorrow night. I can't wait, as I have always wanted to attend one of these. I wish all of you could be there.

Well, I guess I had better get up and get ready.

Everyone have a good day!!

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 5th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Default It's Sunday, Not Thursday!

Well, good morning, everybody. Cold and overcast here. No rain, though, at this point.

We spent Saturday afternoon at the Holiday Look In in Pasadena with weather constant issue, everyone was always looking skyward, especially at the Rose Bowl! We saw two new houses and two old. A three-year-old contemporary was absolutely outstanding.

Mike, I wish you the best if luck for a smooth surgery and recovery.

Judy
Old December 5th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Morning gang,,,it's still morning here by a couple minutes.

We had snow last night but it's all gone this a.m. thank God !!!

Sure wish i was in Fla. with all you cruisemates gettin ready for the dinner meet tomorrow. So jealous but just couldn't make enough excuses to get away for a few days. I know you all will take lots of photos so we'll have to make due with that,,,,maybe one day,,,

Mike sending prayers for you tomorrow,,,and a special prayer heading over to Tennessee for Todd. Sure hope he's holding up ok,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old December 5th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon Cruisemates!
Well I have to admit, that the man upstairs was lo oking out for me, Indiana has broken the snowfall  record for December already with less than 36 hour s of snowfall. Night before last d/h came home aft er being gone out oftownall week and we went out i n the hot tub as the snow began to fall. At about  11, I figured I better get my butt in bed, since I  knew I’d knew I’d have to get up at 4a.m. to give   myself extra drive time due to the snow. The roa ds were wicked and I was so glad to have a 4x4. Th e fight was great. I made it to Orlando by 10:30 a nd then picked up my car rental and then headed do wn to see an old classmate in Punta Gorda. We met  in ’76, so we’ve been buds a long time. She and I  had a nice visit and went out for supper, then abo ut 10, I dropped her off at her house and headed s outh an hour or so to Naples. All I can say is, I  love this area. I stayed in the Bonita Springs are a a few years ago and I really like it down here.  I booked this hotel here on Hotwire and really did n’t think it would be that great, and while it isn ’t real fancy. It is very clean and the tropical l andscaping is beautiful. I had a nice breakfast ou tside by the pool, then popped down to Naples Pier . The beach is really nice there and though the wa ter is in the low 70’s it felt good to walk along  the water’s edge. I walked the pier to see if anyo ne caught something exciting. Took some good pics, found some nice shells for the kids and then heade d to 5th Ave. Wow! A lot of nice boutiques and res taurants there. Then I headed over to Tin City, we nt through the shops and had a nice lunch at Pinch ers. Then I drove over to Marco Island and saw the  sights.I hung out at the boat launch and people w atched for a while. Then I headed back to Naples,  hit the Publix and picked up a couple  of bottles  of red wine some italian bread and boursin cheese.  In a minute I am headed out to have a glass of wi ne out by the pool.All the sudden it looks like it  could rain. if it does then I will just stay insi de and have a bed picnic. No problem! So that’s my  exciting trip.Not sure what’s for supper yet. But  I am sure happy not to be home in that awful cold  white stuff. Can’t wait to see everyone in Orland o tomorrow!!! My netbook is doing something squirr ely,hopefully you’ll be able to read this. C  ya!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 5th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default s

Trudy---If you find that squirel kill him. It was a task to read your writing but I think I did it.

Will be looking forward to seeing you tomorrow nite at Tony's.

I Sail The Carnival Dream.

The Royal Princess Transatlantic.

I sail The Crown Princess to The Southern Caribbean.
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Administrator
Admiral

BW:

Wow: That was a "Back to the Future" moment. I thought I was reading an old System Dump printout.

I hope your netbook settles down.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me