Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning after the Florida Dinner

Morning Mates, and a special good morning to the Mates who made it to the Central Florida dinner - including the surprise guest!
Thank you Ray for organizing this "reunion" and for posting photos, it was so nice to "see" everybody this morning. I was thinking of you all last night, wishing I could've been there.....

Well, we survived the "weather bomb" that hit the Maritimes yesterday.
Yes, that is an actual weather term in these parts, and it left rain, flooding, snow, hail, power outages and wind damage in its wake.
In our area we still have no snow, but certainly damage from the wind....

Today I am off to Aquafitness, then joining all the crazy old ladies for a Pot Luck Lunch. I had so much fun last year when I'd just met these ladies, and it has been a fun year exercizing with this bunch!

Then, it's off to work, and this evening our usual Triva night at the pub, with the best 2 for 1 fish 'n chips in town!

donna
Old December 7th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Captain

Boy is it cold here this morning, only about 12 degrees right now with the high to be a whopping 20! It was so good to wake up and see how much fun was had at the dinner in Fl. last night. Todd making a surprise appearance had to be the best. Glad he is out and doing ok. The only thing that would have been better is if I could have been there too!
Today I am going to help my daughter with a major job. While the kids are at school & the babysitters were are going to tackle cleaning out their playroom. With Christmas just around the corner it is time to sort out toys and make room for what is to come. I am sure there will be many items to be donated to our local charities as many of the toys are still in wonderful shape just not used anylonger as the girls have gotten older. This has to be done while the girls are gone because they don't want to let anything go.
Everyone have a warm and safe day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 7th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Cruisemates

In cental Scotland, we are still snow-blocked; the army were called out last night to help the emergency services. Salting the roads does not work because temp is so low.

Police have officially advised us to stay indoors at home! Fortunately as I am retired - I do not need to venture outside. I have a home delivery scheduled from a major supermarket tomorrow - we will wait and see.

Dinner with friends cancelled; book clubs cancelled etc. I now have no reason not to put up the Christmas Tree

Well back to dejunking - the charity shops will be the beneficiaries.

But the good news is that the weather forecast for Thurs/Fri is 7C - my sister and I have the deck-chairs, sun-glasses and cocktails ready!

Everybody keep well and warm!
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........temps are climbing here........it's 48 out right now..........I can handle that........

Not much going on here.........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Once again a nice enough morning in Scottsdale that I get to check in from my patio perch.

Heading to 75 today, and I have a golf game on tap with a lady friend from Canada who is the best golfer I ever played with. She came up just a few shots too high to make the LPGA tour. I love when I get a chance to play golf with her, because she has the prettiest swing.

And her golf swing is pretty good too

Mrs. Kuki has her water color class today, so she needs the car. She'll drop me at the course, and hope I don't find my way home.
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Default If its Tuesday It Must Be Belgium

Good morning from very cold but sunny NY . I am staying in to rest ,however ,I do have outdoor plans for the rest of the week .
Old December 7th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a cool, but sunny, Orlando.

We have had a nice morning, of slowly getting our things packed. We have a 3:20 flight out. Should be home by 8:00 tonight.

Again, We had so much fun last night. Jim said "why did so many people know so much about me?" Duh, I talk about him all the time. He thought it was cool to feel so much at home with so many strangers.

We have had a great time here in Florida. It is sad that it is almost over with, as I know that most of Jan Jim will be gone, and then will leave for Iraq in the spring for the year, so this weeks memories will hold me while he is gone.

Has anyone heard how Mike is doing? Woke up thinking of him. As soon as someone hears, please post.

I hope all of you are doing well. Try to stay warm, and remember to love.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 7th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning afterthe Florida Dinner

Oh, I wish I could have been to that dinner, too. It was nice to see pictures of the folks, at least. And Todd as a surprise guest, that was fantastic!

It's supposed to "rain Christmas presents" here pretty soon, according to Amazon. I've heard that packages have been stolen from the front of peope's homes. I hope that doesn't happen here, since my front door doesn't face the street.

I, too, thought about Mike this morning. I hope he's on the mend.

Judy