Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzNut View Post
It was decided we'd have way more fun poking fun at topics like that than deleting them

This was about why would you respond. And, your answer is so you could have more fun poking fun at topics. Come on! When a subject is wrong - involves a blog ... you want to have fun.

That is entirely wrong! I've seen enough (before they were deleted) that I didn't think should be deleted.

I hope it wasn't because it was about a Canadian subject just because you (Kuki) are Canadian.

And, why is it important for you to have "fun poking fun at topics". Isn't it more important to keep CM up to their higher standards than "poking fun"?
CM has high standards?

The decision wasn't mine, and had nothing to do weather it was from Canada or from Lithuania. (though Lithuanian politics can be quite controversial).

It was decided by the deciders that political discussions would be allowed to remain as long as the topics were discussed and the posters respected the rights to have differing opinions.

We all have differing opinions on ships, cruise lines, clothing requirements, etc. and the same rules apply.
We've allowed all sorts of discussions and off subjects to be bandied about, so why not some more controversial subjects... as long the discussions they lead to don't cross the line of civility?

Plus... why not poke fun at them? ;-)
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 8th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I concur with Kuki. The decision was to let some of these topics stay on the board unless people begin personally attacking each other. The community can police itself a bit and the moderators don't have to pull every post because it "may" cause controversy. If that was the case I'd pull every post that asked about smoking, smuggling booze and kids in the pool.

Overall it's been successful but a few people have gone over the line.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 9th, 2010, 02:23 AM
Banned
Captain

I have two neighbours:

One has a nicely manicured lawn, perfect in every way. When a dandelion dares poke above the blades, it is instantly plucked out by the root.

The other neighbour's lawn is a bit of a mess. He has some dandelions and occasionally skips a week's mowing.

The first neighbour is boring as hell. The second guy's a riot. On Halloween and Christmas his house is lit up, and he welcomes everybody warmly. The other guy's house is dark.

Neighbour #1 has called the city countless times about the other guy's lawn, and how his dandelions are seeding the neighbourhood.

Guess whose house you can find me at? Neighbour #1 wondered recently why I don't visit or chat anymore....
Old December 9th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Captain..

What a warm, down home, folksy story. Makes me want to let the dandelions grow on my lawn.

I can't imagine how much the horticulturilst misses you.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 9th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Banned
Captain

It's an analogy, actually.
And you are "letting the dandelions grow", so to speak.

I'm afraid it doesn't do Sarah Palin justice in the down-home, folksy department, though.